Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 12-09-2016, 05:08 PM   #2271
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
That was a from an email people received yesterday.
Did you personally receive that email yesterday?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:32 PM   #2272
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I personally received that email yesterday
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 05:45 PM   #2273
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranz View Post
I personally received that email yesterday
For Darkness with the May/June estimate, and the mile long waitlist? You got that email yesterday?
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 06:15 PM   #2274
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
For Darkness with the May/June estimate, and the mile long waitlist? You got that email yesterday?
No sozz the Subz/Scorpion one
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 04:36 AM   #2275
Ash
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher2000 View Post
ME TOO!!

And when you look at the one at the front in the green (ripped off) plastic box you can see the neck is chipped of the body on top. So how they are handling the parts is not professional in my eyes.

Just makes me praying & hoping mine will arriving save here.

I agree that this looks very unprofessional how they keep the bodies all stacked and is the reason our expensive pieces can come with chips or cracks leading to breaks. In the one photo I can see that body in the broken green basket with the chipped neck as well and I hope no one will be getting that one..

That one needs to be tossed out and not pass the mold inspection. With many pieces stacked like that is not safe for them.. That is a very sloppy way to store the bodies and an insult for a higher end piece Supposedly.

Even if the body gets clothing that does not make it right to send them out with chips and then cover it with clothes. Sometimes these factories even snap pieces off, glue them back on and still ship it glued poorly.. Happened to my last Sub-zero. They broke a piece at the factory, glued it, did unmatched touch up paint and when I got it you could see the break shadily attempted to be hidden, but failed..

Funny thing is that was my replacement and the first statue didnt have that poorly fixed factory break. It had a different issue and was the reason for a reaplacement that eventually, had to be returned for a refund due to it being equally as bad as the first one.

The factories need to do good work for customers waiting a very long time. I really would like to keep the statues and not have to return it due to factories carelessness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Eh their fine guys. They're cast in black and will be covered. As you can see the factory is cramped for space. I'm not worried in the least.
I am not sure why you try to defend the factory and say they are fine? Can you not clearly see the first statue in the broken green bin with a decent sized chip on his neck?

Yes, you are right that the bodies are cast in black and will be covered, but that doesent take away the fact they are stored very poorly and being so cluttered can result in them being damaged.

So qz33, you dont care if your black casted body might take on chips and cracks because it will be coverd with clothes? So, basically you are saying that you dont care having a crack underneath the clothes you cant see; which can effect the integrity of the structure causing issues in the future to even leading to breakage.

Im not trying to say you are wrong because many of them can hopefully come with no issues being all good. Also, if god forbid there is an issue PCS can help with a replacement. We as collectors know the long wait and to then have the headache to go through the replacement proccess is stressful, but at least it gives a chance to fix the issue hopefully.

PCS needs a good amount of replacements like Sideshow for their pieces so if their are issues it will give a collector a chance for a replacement instead of saying there are no more replacements is unacceptable. Some of these pieces takes 2+ years to arrive. Replacements shouldn't be gone before some collectors even receive a damaged piece calling right away to find out replacements are already gone since they got theirs shipped further down the line. No replacements should ever be offered until all pieces are fully delivered and received..

All of us here just have really high expectations for the 1/3's and the bodies being stored poorly does not look like a high end production. Qz33, why are you saying "As you can see they are cramped for space" like you are accepting that since they have no space, its ok for our sub-zero's bodies to suffer?

Did you even read what Jerry stated about these factories? He stated in the past they have over a million dollars in future projects just with PCS. Also, if you didnt know most of these companies like SideShow, Gentle Giant, etc.. all use the same factories to produce their statues. I would like everyone to imagine the millions of dollars these statue factories make and collect cash from all the top statue companies. So, saying they stacked bodies due to cramped space, then how about these multi million dollar factories, probably billions cant invest in more space and a better storage process?

The factories are greedy taking on every project from many statue companies and the reason they have no space. Our Sub-Zero is probably cramped with a bunch of SideShow pieces as well.

Its not PCS's fault and there needs to be a better way for companies like PCS to go to China and really oversee all projects. Someone that will live in China and work full time at the factory. Thats the only way we will get qaulity LED wires and not cheap materials inside or hidden chips/cracks underneath clothes.

Has any collectors ever wondered why some of your statues are leaning and getting warped over time? Its not because of a bad design, those with issues were all good designs, but the factories took short cuts and used poor materials that could not hold the structure of the piece, allowing it to warp.

The wrong support wire was used because you guessed it, it was cheaper for the greedy factory. They thought no one would see the inside of these statues until people investigate the cause of some of these preventable production issues. PCS or the customers can not see whats happening internally unless you break it and from all my experiences I do not trust these factories to be using all good quality internally.

Some of SideShows pieces were suppose to be solid for the entire piece when some discovered the factory shipped them out with hollow bodies instead. It was not noticed until some of the flawed pieces were broken then discovered they were hollow and not suppose to be. Its ok to have hollow pieces, but to lie and say its not hollow is bad. Thats false info and cheating customers. If Sideshow wanted that certain piece to be solid then it should have been, but the factory cut corners on that one.

I like to be optimistic, but I am sorry that collectors bad experiences are real and stacking bodies like that can concern fans that waited over 2 years for it. Yes, there are many great experiences as well or else I would not still be buying them, but many can agree that QC is an ongoing issue and seems to be getting worse as more competition all use the same factories.

Factories making millions of dollars can create more space or open another facility with more space... There is no excuse to store fragile items on top of each other.. They dont even have any cushion between them. Lets just stack the bodies and not care if they get chipped or cracked because they will have clothes on.

Seriously, if anyone gets that chipped Sub body from the photo, I feel sorry for them and angry that it sent out with damage. Im sure the factory will try to putty it poorly, use different touch up paint to cover it and send it out with a crappy, cheap shady factory repair like they usually do because they are too cheap/heartless to fail it from QC and toss it away.

That chipped Sub body better be destroyed, like Sideshow asks of us when we have a flawed piece. Destroy it and only send ones that are not damaged.. I couldn't believe the factory broke my 1/4 Sub, glued the piece back on and sends it to me. That was the replacement that PCS promised me would be inspected, but clearly wasn't. It had multiple issues and just too many to keep it..

Only if people that care can inspect these items. Unfortunately, the ones that care like Jerry are the artists, but we need a full time project oversight manager stopping the horrible QC and poor storage of high end items. That is unacceptable for these factories to have such low standards during these productions... But, what can you expect from Communistic Dictatorship.

I still dont know why America makes everything in China to support Evil communism? Maybe its time to look for factories in other parts of the world besides China.. Communism is modern day slavery... China is not the only country that can produce items at cheap costs.. Statue companies should stop producing In China! Im willing to pay more to use factories in Taiwan which has much higher QC standards and does not have communistic views.

It's disappointing to see such great art being stacked like whatever and not being handled with more love and care.. Why can't humans treat other belongings like their own? Or put theirselves in other peoples shoes to realize cutting corners, storing pieces in cramped spaces due to greed, shadily covering up mistakes, and lying about internal parts is flat out messed up! Humans need to evolve from being so selfish and Chinas QC is a clear example of being a selfish greedy entity by providing horrible work conditions for their employees.

I am still staying positive that we will receive good Sub-Zero's, but I cant say I am not worried like qz33 stated.. I think that is being a little too confident, when looking at all past QC Issues and constant delays how can you be so confident that its all going to be fine? We all want that of course, but I have learned to not get over excited about any piece until it actually reaches collectors hands. I stay excited, but try to not get my hopes super high because its becoming the norm that it can arrive with issues...

I get many PCS pieces and my experiences have been pretty good, so I feel PCS will make sure we the collectors are happy by doing everything they can In their power..

With no PCS oversight manager in the China factory then QC will never improve, but only get worse. All the statue companies have issues with QC since they share the same factories. Lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope the bodies wont get damaged. The factories need to step their game up!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1cccf251-d428-43c3-a989-acb571de5bce.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	128.0 KB
ID:	100137   Click image for larger version

Name:	d1621864-592e-46b9-b206-de250a2906ba.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	189.0 KB
ID:	100138  
Ash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:44 AM   #2276
Jyester
Kindly Asked To Leave
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash View Post
I agree that this looks very unprofessional how they keep the bodies all stacked and is the reason our expensive pieces can come with chips or cracks leading to breaks. In the one photo I can see that body in the broken green basket with the chipped neck as well and I hope no one will be getting that one..

That one needs to be tossed out and not pass the mold inspection. With many pieces stacked like that is not safe for them.. That is a very sloppy way to store the bodies and an insult for a higher end piece Supposedly.

Even if the body gets clothing that does not make it right to send them out with chips and then cover it with clothes. Sometimes these factories even snap pieces off, glue them back on and still ship it glued poorly.. Happened to my last Sub-zero. They broke a piece at the factory, glued it, did unmatched touch up paint and when I got it you could see the break shadily attempted to be hidden, but failed..

Funny thing is that was my replacement and the first statue didnt have that poorly fixed factory break. It had a different issue and was the reason for a reaplacement that eventually, had to be returned for a refund due to it being equally as bad as the first one.

The factories need to do good work for customers waiting a very long time. I really would like to keep the statues and not have to return it due to factories carelessness.

I am not sure why you try to defend the factory and say they are fine? Can you not clearly see the first statue in the broken green bin with a decent sized chip on his neck?

Yes, you are right that the bodies are cast in black and will be covered, but that doesent take away the fact they are stored very poorly and being so cluttered can result in them being damaged.

So qz33, you dont care if your black casted body might take on chips and cracks because it will be coverd with clothes? So, basically you are saying that you dont care having a crack underneath the clothes you cant see; which can effect the integrity of the structure causing issues in the future to even leading to breakage.

Im not trying to say you are wrong because many of them can hopefully come with no issues being all good. Also, if god forbid there is an issue PCS can help with a replacement. We as collectors know the long wait and to then have the headache to go through the replacement proccess is stressful, but at least it gives a chance to fix the issue hopefully.

PCS needs a good amount of replacements like Sideshow for their pieces so if their are issues it will give a collector a chance for a replacement instead of saying there are no more replacements is unacceptable. Some of these pieces takes 2+ years to arrive. Replacements shouldn't be gone before some collectors even receive a damaged piece calling right away to find out replacements are already gone since they got theirs shipped further down the line. No replacements should ever be offered until all pieces are fully delivered and received..

All of us here just have really high expectations for the 1/3's and the bodies being stored poorly does not look like a high end production. Qz33, why are you saying "As you can see they are cramped for space" like you are accepting that since they have no space, its ok for our sub-zero's bodies to suffer?

Did you even read what Jerry stated about these factories? He stated in the past they have over a million dollars in future projects just with PCS. Also, if you didnt know most of these companies like SideShow, Gentle Giant, etc.. all use the same factories to produce their statues. I would like everyone to imagine the millions of dollars these statue factories make and collect cash from all the top statue companies. So, saying they stacked bodies due to cramped space, then how about these multi million dollar factories, probably billions cant invest in more space and a better storage process?

The factories are greedy taking on every project from many statue companies and the reason they have no space. Our Sub-Zero is probably cramped with a bunch of SideShow pieces as well.

Its not PCS's fault and there needs to be a better way for companies like PCS to go to China and really oversee all projects. Someone that will live in China and work full time at the factory. Thats the only way we will get qaulity LED wires and not cheap materials inside or hidden chips/cracks underneath clothes.

Has any collectors ever wondered why some of your statues are leaning and getting warped over time? Its not because of a bad design, those with issues were all good designs, but the factories took short cuts and used poor materials that could not hold the structure of the piece, allowing it to warp.

The wrong support wire was used because you guessed it, it was cheaper for the greedy factory. They thought no one would see the inside of these statues until people investigate the cause of some of these preventable production issues. PCS or the customers can not see whats happening internally unless you break it and from all my experiences I do not trust these factories to be using all good quality internally.

Some of SideShows pieces were suppose to be solid for the entire piece when some discovered the factory shipped them out with hollow bodies instead. It was not noticed until some of the flawed pieces were broken then discovered they were hollow and not suppose to be. Its ok to have hollow pieces, but to lie and say its not hollow is bad. Thats false info and cheating customers. If Sideshow wanted that certain piece to be solid then it should have been, but the factory cut corners on that one.

I like to be optimistic, but I am sorry that collectors bad experiences are real and stacking bodies like that can concern fans that waited over 2 years for it. Yes, there are many great experiences as well or else I would not still be buying them, but many can agree that QC is an ongoing issue and seems to be getting worse as more competition all use the same factories.

Factories making millions of dollars can create more space or open another facility with more space... There is no excuse to store fragile items on top of each other.. They dont even have any cushion between them. Lets just stack the bodies and not care if they get chipped or cracked because they will have clothes on.

Seriously, if anyone gets that chipped Sub body from the photo, I feel sorry for them and angry that it sent out with damage. Im sure the factory will try to putty it poorly, use different touch up paint to cover it and send it out with a crappy, cheap shady factory repair like they usually do because they are too cheap/heartless to fail it from QC and toss it away.

That chipped Sub body better be destroyed, like Sideshow asks of us when we have a flawed piece. Destroy it and only send ones that are not damaged.. I couldn't believe the factory broke my 1/4 Sub, glued the piece back on and sends it to me. That was the replacement that PCS promised me would be inspected, but clearly wasn't. It had multiple issues and just too many to keep it..

Only if people that care can inspect these items. Unfortunately, the ones that care like Jerry are the artists, but we need a full time project oversight manager stopping the horrible QC and poor storage of high end items. That is unacceptable for these factories to have such low standards during these productions... But, what can you expect from Communistic Dictatorship.

I still dont know why America makes everything in China to support Evil communism? Maybe its time to look for factories in other parts of the world besides China.. Communism is modern day slavery... China is not the only country that can produce items at cheap costs.. Statue companies should stop producing In China! Im willing to pay more to use factories in Taiwan which has much higher QC standards and does not have communistic views.

It's disappointing to see such great art being stacked like whatever and not being handled with more love and care.. Why can't humans treat other belongings like their own? Or put theirselves in other peoples shoes to realize cutting corners, storing pieces in cramped spaces due to greed, shadily covering up mistakes, and lying about internal parts is flat out messed up! Humans need to evolve from being so selfish and Chinas QC is a clear example of being a selfish greedy entity by providing horrible work conditions for their employees.

I am still staying positive that we will receive good Sub-Zero's, but I cant say I am not worried like qz33 stated.. I think that is being a little too confident, when looking at all past QC Issues and constant delays how can you be so confident that its all going to be fine? We all want that of course, but I have learned to not get over excited about any piece until it actually reaches collectors hands. I stay excited, but try to not get my hopes super high because its becoming the norm that it can arrive with issues...

I get many PCS pieces and my experiences have been pretty good, so I feel PCS will make sure we the collectors are happy by doing everything they can In their power..

With no PCS oversight manager in the China factory then QC will never improve, but only get worse. All the statue companies have issues with QC since they share the same factories. Lets all keep our fingers crossed and hope the bodies wont get damaged. The factories need to step their game up!
Wow I had to take the day off work to read that post!
Jyester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 05:48 AM   #2277
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyester View Post
Wow I had to take the day off work to read that post!
thanks for quoting it so now it's 2 novels in one
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:17 AM   #2278
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

lol!

I'm sure every factory is like this...they know what their doing

I see first 4 figures production pics and I don't say "oh she didn't wash her hands!"
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:18 AM   #2279
Mitch07137
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Those could be defects for all we know
Mitch07137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #2280
Toulon89
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
what do you mean cocky? they said thank you for your patience like 3 times in each email :|
"its cool if you don't like waiting for your statues, we're more than happy to refund you because we have a mile long list of people who'd like to wait 5 years"
Toulon89 is offline   Reply With Quote