Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-08-2024, 10:25 PM   #21
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I have 25 pieces in hand from Queen, and if I?m being honest I can probably point to one thing on every single piece that I wish could?ve been done better.

BUT that?s no different to any other statue manufacturer that I?ve got a piece from. From Sideshow, Iron Studios, Infinity Studios, Darkside, Prime 1 Studios and the many others I?ve bought from to accumulate a collection probably under 200 pieces in size.

And if a person says that they don?t have one on a particular piece, it?s usually because they?re not looking hard enough. Whenever a collector says their piece is perfect via photos or YouTube video, it usually doesn?t take much effort to find something (but there?s no point questioning a collector and perhaps hampering their enjoyment of a hard earned purchase) and given that it?s easier to see an issue in person rather than via photo, that?s saying something.

But what?s perfect to one person may not be perfect to the next. Everyone has different standards, and what one sees an an imperfection the next will think you?re being too picky, which they very well might be. But my point being that it?s nearly impossible to receive a statue that is perfectly pristine.

Heck the only collectables that I?ve bought without any issues are Hot Toys figures! Once a hand painted piece is involved, if you try hard enough you?ll almost always be able to find some sort of issue. In my first year in partially transitioning from figures to statues it was my first thing I had to learn as the whiplash in QC was definitely concerning.
Very true. I think I have actually gotten more nitpicky with age on these things, but I still find that I am forgiving enough to usually end up keeping the statue. I'd probably have to see one of these full size IM in person to fully judge for myself. I've had the QS Thanos before, which was great. I still have my 1/4 Ledger Joker that I have come to accept, but was initially very critical of.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 10:34 PM   #22
qz33
Doctor Doom

Yeah we're not just talking objective preferences or a particular piece's variations. Watch some reviews to see the shortcomings.
When they don't even try to match the paint, they aren't even trying.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 10:46 PM   #23
azurepred
Zot

Okay, I'll check some out, not that I'm seriously considering this.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote