Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 09-21-2016, 10:08 AM   #41
Grayfox117
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Is that the entire basement you are 'allowed' to use? If so, damn... what I would do with that amount of space... Can't wait till we move to a bigger house. My kids are still young (11, 5 and 2) so it would take yearssss before they decide to move out.

Congrats on your new home, make plenty of pics and post them here so we can follow the progress
Thanks Vinnie. I have two girls, 15 & 17 . When we first saw this house the youngest "called" the room in the basement lol. I told her I don't think so, you can have one of the rooms upstairs the whole basement is mine , the wife and kids weren't too happy. Once we closed on the house I told my wife and kids "the basement will be off limits if I'm not home. I will be installing a fingerprint lock on door, not because I don't want you down there or don't trust you guys but I will not risk having a curious friend or friend of a friend touch and break something" . They understood
Grayfox117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:35 PM   #42
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grayfox117 View Post
Thanks Vinnie. I have two girls, 15 & 17 . When we first saw this house the youngest "called" the room in the basement lol. I told her I don't think so, you can have one of the rooms upstairs the whole basement is mine , the wife and kids weren't too happy. Once we closed on the house I told my wife and kids "the basement will be off limits if I'm not home. I will be installing a fingerprint lock on door, not because I don't want you down there or don't trust you guys but I will not risk having a curious friend or friend of a friend touch and break something" . They understood
That's awesome. I would also require that sort of arrangement, which is why I haven't had a family. You've given me hope, though it's too late for me!
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 02:48 PM   #43
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
That's awesome. I would also require that sort of arrangement, which is why I haven't had a family. You've given me hope, though it's too late for me!
Old 09-24-2016, 09:05 PM   #44
Grayfox117

The first ones to move

Old 09-25-2016, 12:21 AM   #45
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

So you don't keep boxes?

I am pretty much out of space at ~30 collection size now, so I'm seriously considering getting rid of boxes. They are such an effing space hog.

And as you know that Akuma box is a beast. The largest I have.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:55 AM   #46
Grayfox117

Quote:
So you don't keep boxes?

I am pretty much out of space at ~30 collection size now, so I'm seriously considering getting rid of boxes. They are such an effing space hog.

And as you know that Akuma box is a beast. The largest I have.
I have the box for every statue, figure, game console, even some controllers and other game accessories. I just don't feel like packing everything back up. For some more delicate ones I might though. My plan for right now is to take what I can by myself. Then I might have my wife drive while I hold one in my hand lol. I've already started packing empty boxes in the garage crawl space and that Akuma bust box barely fits thru access door
Old 09-25-2016, 05:59 PM   #47
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Nice start! @ the pic with the Akuma and Ryu bust wearing safety belts on. If you got pulled over I would have loved to see the reaction of the cops

Boxes are a nightmare; I too have kept the boxes of my stuff and I have no more room to store them but they keep coming in... afraid to use the crawl space as storage though (because it might not be completely dry and bugs which can cause damage to the artboxes and such).
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 09:17 PM   #48
Grayfox117

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnnie View Post
Nice start! @ the pic with the Akuma and Ryu bust wearing safety belts on. If you got pulled over I would have loved to see the reaction of the cops

Boxes are a nightmare; I too have kept the boxes of my stuff and I have no more room to store them but they keep coming in... afraid to use the crawl space as storage though (because it might not be completely dry and bugs which can cause damage to the artboxes and such).
I have the same fear but I have no place else for all those boxes. I'm putting the boxes in large clear plastic bags in the hopes of keeping them safe from moisture and bugs.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:32 PM   #49
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

I'd throw a desiccant packet in there too, to be safe. Temperature change, condensation, etc.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:44 PM   #50
Grayfox117

Quote:
I'd throw a desiccant packet in there too, to be safe. Temperature change, condensation, etc.