Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 09-28-2017, 08:36 AM   #41
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Keep it Hollywood ARH! Just keep those helmets on!
Where is Achilles Battle Fury!? Why do you insult Achilles Battle Fury like this!?
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 10:52 AM   #42
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Pheidias View Post
Keep it Hollywood ARH! Just keep those helmets on!
Awesome collection!! Love it!!

Just received my Leonidas EX yesterday and it's a beauty!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:50 PM   #43
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
You want to discuss point-by-point? That seems painful. I'll make this my last reply on it so we don't forever derail this thread.
I never mentioned the Spartan statues. They sell well so doing them differently probably isn't worth it... although it may provide a differentiator for their next version.
Arahom said in one of his videos he got a ton of feedback that Tarzan's hair should be black so he changed it - so no, people didn't want the 'Hollywood interpretation' there. (maybe my all time favorite statue btw)
I own the Achilles EX. It is not a poor paint job at all. Its very good for ARH. The issue is the EX sculpt itself. He struggled to sculpt Brad Pitt and put out probably the worst sculpt produced by a company of the last few years IMO. If time was short he would have been better off not producing a movie EX sculpt and just produced a classical Achilles, since his general sculpting skills are high.
Now there is an Egyptian queen with oriental sai's. If it was a popular movie that would drive sales then I'd get it, but I don't think people have been clamoring for the chick from The Mummy Returns. (Or anyone from that movie. Brendan Fraser's Mummy PF is the only PF I remember Sideshow cancelling)

Which brings me back to my original point - only, that I find it interesting that a guy who dedicates his life to sculpting and selling these, doesn't have much interest in the characters themselves beyond what he's seen in a movie.
Ok so just some characters can be hollywood cause you like them that way? And the troy statue armor is holly wood too as heir real armor was much bulkier and more like wearing a layered metal tube. And so is Tarzan's hair in almost every hollywood adaptation except the most recent one where it was dirty blonde (which his statue wasn't like since it's mostly dark) and he's also not a real person so it can't be historically accurate. I also own the achilles through odd circumstance and it is also a bad paint job, the sculpt is poor too no doubt but a better paint job could make it look nicer.

Mummy was very popular btw, SS was even going to make a PF from it a while ago. They used sai's for all of two minutes. I'm not saying they should go with them but just because he goes off of movies isn't a bad thing. 90% of the time that's a good thing.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 03:58 PM   #44
StarSoldier
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Well it's not a good thing tho when ARH is marketing its History line as historically accurate, take the statue from Alexander the Great or the first Cleo for that. ARH can sculpt anything they like and ultimately the market will respond but the marketing message should be clearer.
Maybe people don't like to have their history line mixed up with historically accurate and Hollywood based character.
StarSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 06:16 PM   #45
SAB380
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Ok so just some characters can be hollywood cause you like them that way? And the troy statue armor is holly wood too as heir real armor was much bulkier and more like wearing a layered metal tube. And so is Tarzan's hair in almost every hollywood adaptation except the most recent one where it was dirty blonde (which his statue wasn't like since it's mostly dark) and he's also not a real person so it can't be historically accurate. I also own the achilles through odd circumstance and it is also a bad paint job, the sculpt is poor too no doubt but a better paint job could make it look nicer.

Mummy was very popular btw, SS was even going to make a PF from it a while ago. They used sai's for all of two minutes. I'm not saying they should go with them but just because he goes off of movies isn't a bad thing. 90% of the time that's a good thing.
At no point did I say the ones I like should stay as Hollywood interpretations. All I have been saying repeatedly is that there is more for Arahom to consider and I found it interesting he does not. That’s it.
Tarzan has never had jet black hair in a movie. It has always been the natural brown of whatever actor. I’m obviously aware he is not real, I’m referring to the original character design of the novels.
And Sideshow cancelled the Mummy PF as I said.
SAB380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #46
Nebulhym
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post

Quote:
At no point did I say the ones I like should stay as Hollywood interpretations. All I have been saying repeatedly is that there is more for Arahom to consider and I found it interesting he does not. That’s it.
Tarzan has never had jet black hair in a movie. It has always been the natural brown of whatever actor. I’m obviously aware he is not real, I’m referring to the original character design of the novels.

Can't you just enjoy the beautiful sculpt of a beautiful woman and not fight over some details that can easily be fixed?
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2017, 08:23 PM   #47
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

First with the jokes, then comes the heavy stuff.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 12:07 AM   #48
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarSoldier View Post
Well it's not a good thing tho when ARH is marketing its History line as historically accurate, take the statue from Alexander the Great or the first Cleo for that. ARH can sculpt anything they like and ultimately the market will respond but the marketing message should be clearer.
Maybe people don't like to have their history line mixed up with historically accurate and Hollywood based character.
Are they saying it's historically accurate? I don't normally go for those pieces but I don't remeber they are. They definitely aren't for achilles (just looked at their site) and I doubt they are for this one. Also saying I'm not sure you can say historically accurate for greek gods.

Quote:
black hair: http://screencrush.com/files/2015/10...peg-245725.jpg

Also being that it's not really possible for a normal person to have all black hair no they just do really really dark brown. Also hollywood isn't just movies, there have been a lot of tv shows with tarzan as well.

And yeah you just said "interesting" however no one would say that unless it's an implied negative.

And yes the PF was cancelled though it went as far as going up for PO. Unfortunately it had an absolutely horrible likeness, however the fact that it even got that far (and the money they grossed) says a lot. Tarzan never got a PF :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebulhym View Post

Can't you just enjoy the beautiful sculpt of a beautiful woman and not fight over some details that can easily be fixed?
This isn't an argument over the statue details anyways, I agree with not using sais ;p
Old 09-29-2017, 02:00 AM   #49
Marcel54
Hellboy

There was a short video on FB about this statue by Arahom, but no mention what so ever on new and improved weapons.
Marcel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2017, 05:17 AM   #50
dao2
Cyclops

i think theyll do it tbh