Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-31-2018, 06:54 AM   #1011
darren1228
Zot

No disrespect but I concur with the notion that an unmasked EX would be lame as hell. People that ask for an unmasked Batman don’t understand Batman at all.. I’m all for a battle damaged masked head though. Same goes for people asking for an unmasked Spider-Man...unless the statue is of him unmasking(on purpose) to the world during Civil War.
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 06:56 AM   #1012
darren1228
Zot

Do people want a masked Superman because they did it in the comics?
How about super armor Batman? They should’ve made that the exclusive because he fought the Predator with it in the comics...lol
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:03 AM   #1013
letsroy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
No disrespect but I concur with the notion that an unmasked EX would be lame as hell. People that ask for an unmasked Batman don’t understand Batman at all.. I’m all for a battle damaged masked head though. Same goes for people asking for an unmasked Spider-Man...unless the statue is of him unmasking(on purpose) to the world during Civil War.
You don't want to be disrespectful but then you say that if I don't think like you then I don't understand batman at all.

Look, I am new here and I really don't want to fight with anyone but you opinion doesn´t look fair.

I think that I perfectly understand Bats and the reason why I ask for an EX unmasked head is because we alredy saw that on comics.

It's not common, okay, but we saw batman fighting Ras or Jason unmasked. He could be fighting in the batcave, a roof or an empty building. There are a few villians who know his secret identity.

The last VERY IMPORTANT scene with catwoman was with bruce unmasked, wearing a batman suit. (not fighting right, but unmasked)

EX version are cool because you can change your piece portrait from time to time. Of course Batman will be using the mask most time but sometimes you can represent a different event.

So, I really don't buy your opinion man and comparing this matter with a masked superman makes no sense to me.
letsroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:31 AM   #1014
adee
Green Arrow

Personally I'd prefer a different take on another masked portrait like the OG had over an ummasked.
I honestly wouldn't display a Batman statue unmasked. I think that really only works for very few characters like Wolverine.

What I'd really love to see one day is a batman statue that's fully sculpted where there is no head seam and the cowl and cape are one piece.
Switch out parts are cool but not at the expense of the overall presentation. jmo
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:35 AM   #1015
ljseppe
Doh!

I’ve never been one for an unmasked head (why would anyone wanna display Batman without his cowl) however with more and more Batman statues coming out I think it would be nice to display a different side of the character.
ljseppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:46 AM   #1016
Balthazar
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Easiest pass ever.
Balthazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:56 AM   #1017
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
How about super armor Batman? They should’ve made that the exclusive because he fought the Predator with it in the comics...lol
DKR Exo-suit.
Hellbat suit.
Justice Buster Suit.
Project Batman Armour.
Thrasher Armour suit.

Im in
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 08:58 AM   #1018
jpuli28

Batman Trinity Armour Suit

Holy Batsuit, look what I just found...

"Written and drawn by Matt Wagner, “Batman/Superman/Wonder Woman: Trinity” was a three-issue series about the first meeting between DC’s greatest heroes. In the story, Ra’s al Ghul, Bizarro and Wonder Woman’s enemy Artemis worked together to bring chaos to the world, and the three heroes were forced to unite to fight the triple threat. Usually, Superman is the one who faces Bizarro, but in the third issue, Batman went toe-to-toe with the mixed-up villain and he was armed to do it.

Like all of his exoskeletons, the Trinity armor gave Batman enhanced strength and speed, and also protected him from the full impact of Bizarro’s fists. It didn’t protect him completely, though, since Bizarro was able to smash the chest in until Batman couldn’t breathe, and Wonder Woman had to rip it off. The armor also had gadgets like a titanium electrified net he could throw over Bizarro, a flurry of miniature grenades and solar lasers mounted on the gloves to add punch to his fists. It wasn’t enough to beat Bizarro, but it did distract him until Superman arrived on the scene."

Looks pretty close to the PF. I don't like defending it, but maybe THIS is what SS was going for? Maybe unwittingly, lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	batman-armor-in-trinity.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	55.9 KB
ID:	112825  
Old 03-31-2018, 09:01 AM   #1019
adee
Green Arrow

If that's what they were going for it was a very poor decision.

What is that? A bat-net?
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 09:03 AM   #1020
jpuli28

[QUOTE=adee;5587933]If that's what they were going for it was a very poor decision.

What is that? A bat-net?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I still don't like it or the execution. I was just trying to be fair after all the bashing I dished out.

Titanium electrified net for Bizarro.