Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-12-2024, 01:42 PM   #211
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Even though the paint app isn?t close to the proto this is still kicka$$. Major presence and very cool.

Bruce Hansing Oerlikon version of this still wears the crown. That masterpiece will be difficult to dethrone. Only 12 exist in the world.
Chase Smith's version will be the greatest of all time whenever he finishes it.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2024, 11:20 PM   #212
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Got rid of the garage shelf

Received the pedestal I ordered for this guy today, what a difference! Highly recommend reaching out to Pedestal Source if you're looking to spruce up your display.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3_4.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	188.0 KB
ID:	168385   Click image for larger version

Name:	side.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	168386  
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:07 AM   #213
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenoburger View Post
Chase Smith's version will be the greatest of all time whenever he finishes it.
Maybe. There can’t be a real debate on something unfinished though so…

In terms of accuracy and achieving the realistic paint work. I am doubtful. It will be tough to beat. Also if he’s casting his own mould, how accurate can he get without the originals. Hansing was asked by Giger himself to mould his original lol. That alone is an extreme feat lol. The original right in front of him and all the references materials he needed. That alone is a cheat code for achieving the paint work and accuracy.

I think Chase Smith’s paint work on his Aliens are fantastic though. Imo it’s less realistic and more pretty (I know that pretty is weird to say), more uniform.
It will most definitely be impressive if he ever finishes it.

Sidenote; I always look at the shoulder paint first. You can always tell where they are going with their alien paint. this also has the usual eye sore painted uniform rings on top of the rounded area on the shoulders lol. Collectors really don’t care for accuracy and likeness as much anymore. I mean the two P1 Big Chaps are loved by collectors and those are inaccurate AF lol.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 12:36 AM   #214
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post
Received the pedestal I ordered for this guy today, what a difference! Highly recommend reaching out to Pedestal Source if you're looking to spruce up your display.
That looks pretty nice. How much was something that big?
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 01:44 PM   #215
tyrannomauris
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
That looks pretty nice. How much was something that big?
Shipping included was about $650, but I went custom sized for a little more room. One of their standard 24?24 pedestals will fit this guy nicely. 650 seems like a lot, but when you're displaying a 4k bust, a garage shelf like i had before just detracts from the piece
tyrannomauris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2024, 12:38 AM   #216
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrannomauris View Post
Shipping included was about $650, but I went custom sized for a little more room. One of their standard 24?24 pedestals will fit this guy nicely. 650 seems like a lot, but when you're displaying a 4k bust, a garage shelf like i had before just detracts from the piece
Yea, shipping was probably a killer. I have a guy a few hours away making pretty much the same thing you got at 20x20x40 for only $180, but he can make them bigger if needed. If I had the room, I'd have a ton of them.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote