Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 02-07-2024, 07:33 AM   #11
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:26 AM   #12
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurepred View Post
Wow! Really? I thought these were like $10k. This is my absolute favorite 1:1 Armor they have done thus far, but that's a ludicrous price tag. Talk about a depreciating asset. I remember when the SS 1:1 Endos were like $6k.

The color looks accurate, but from what I've seen in the past regarding IM paint apps from them, I'd be very worried to order this. I love the prototype, though.
I was just guessing. Sounded reasonable since so much time had passed, likely even fewer potential buyers, and the swappable chest sounded like it would add costs.
Not as bad as all that at 12K.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:48 AM   #13
PivotRyder
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Another life size Iron Man another day. Boring cmon Queen what happened to pushing the limits. Life Size Alien, Life Size Arnold Terminator, hell even a life size Endo.
PivotRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:03 PM   #14
Underoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
So many pieces nowadays say they have some minor hand painted battle damage, just so that they can say all pieces are slightly unique, to get out of returns etc.
Yeah none of my Queen statues have had perfect paint apps. My 1/2 Mark 50 is probably the worst offender.

Hoping this means we'll see a Mark 5 and 46 someday. It's nice that Queen is being consistent and following through with the line before jumping ship to something else.
Underoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 02:32 PM   #15
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

I'd like to see them do a life-size Mark 43, and then something completely wacky like a life-size Starboost Although, they already did a life-size Hulkbuster, so maybe nothing is wackier than that
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:12 PM   #16
azurepred
Zot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
Yeah none of my Queen statues have had perfect paint apps. My 1/2 Mark 50 is probably the worst offender.

Hoping this means we'll see a Mark 5 and 46 someday. It's nice that Queen is being consistent and following through with the line before jumping ship to something else.
for $12-14k, a perfect paint job is mandatory. It boggles my mind that so many people are so forgiving on that. Small flaws are okay, but not sloppiness. My 1/3 CM Ironman pretty much has a automotive type paint app to it and that one was only $2300 years ago.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:06 PM   #17
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
for $12-14k, a perfect paint job is mandatory. It boggles my mind that so many people are so forgiving on that. Small flaws are okay, but not sloppiness. My 1/3 CM Ironman pretty much has a automotive type paint app to it and that one was only $2300 years ago.
Standards were different then. Queen will not even use the same paint from the protos to the production pieces e.g. their Mark VII bust. Cracking Venom bust jaws, they do nothing.

Buyers are so desperate to not do without the Chinese factories see us as pigs for the slaughter.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 04:44 PM   #18
Underoos

Quote:
To be fair they are small flaws (like a drop of red paint on the base where it shouldn't be, etc.) but I was disappointed enough on a statue that cost $2.5k. I couldn't imagine spending over $10k and not having a flawless piece.

I think most of my 1/4 Queen statues were painted better than the 1/2, but I can't say I've ever had a single Queen statue arrive without a flaw. They're the worst offender with that kind of stuff. I haven't ordered from them since 2022, which was when I started getting pieces in hand and realized scales were off, paint apps didn't match pics, etc.
Old 02-08-2024, 06:22 PM   #19
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underoos View Post
To be fair they are small flaws (like a drop of red paint on the base where it shouldn't be, etc.) but I was disappointed enough on a statue that cost $2.5k. I couldn't imagine spending over $10k and not having a flawless piece.

I think most of my 1/4 Queen statues were painted better than the 1/2, but I can't say I've ever had a single Queen statue arrive without a flaw. They're the worst offender with that kind of stuff. I haven't ordered from them since 2022, which was when I started getting pieces in hand and realized scales were off, paint apps didn't match pics, etc.
I have 25 pieces in hand from Queen, and if I’m being honest I can probably point to one thing on every single piece that I wish could’ve been done better.

BUT that’s no different to any other statue manufacturer that I’ve got a piece from. From Sideshow, Iron Studios, Infinity Studios, Darkside, Prime 1 Studios and the many others I’ve bought from to accumulate a collection probably under 200 pieces in size.

And if a person says that they don’t have one on a particular piece, it’s usually because they’re not looking hard enough. Whenever a collector says their piece is perfect via photos or YouTube video, it usually doesn’t take much effort to find something (but there’s no point questioning a collector and perhaps hampering their enjoyment of a hard earned purchase) and given that it’s easier to see an issue in person rather than via photo, that’s saying something.

But what’s perfect to one person may not be perfect to the next. Everyone has different standards, and what one sees an an imperfection the next will think you’re being too picky, which they very well might be. But my point being that it’s nearly impossible to receive a statue that is perfectly pristine.

Heck the only collectables that I’ve bought without any issues are Hot Toys figures! Once a hand painted piece is involved, if you try hard enough you’ll almost always be able to find some sort of issue. In my first year in partially transitioning from figures to statues it was my first thing I had to learn as the whiplash in QC was definitely concerning.
Phoenixblazes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 08:47 PM   #20
Underoos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I have 25 pieces in hand from Queen, and if I?m being honest I can probably point to one thing on every single piece that I wish could?ve been done better.

BUT that?s no different to any other statue manufacturer that I?ve got a piece from. From Sideshow, Iron Studios, Infinity Studios, Darkside, Prime 1 Studios and the many others I?ve bought from to accumulate a collection probably under 200 pieces in size.

And if a person says that they don?t have one on a particular piece, it?s usually because they?re not looking hard enough. Whenever a collector says their piece is perfect via photos or YouTube video, it usually doesn?t take much effort to find something (but there?s no point questioning a collector and perhaps hampering their enjoyment of a hard earned purchase) and given that it?s easier to see an issue in person rather than via photo, that?s saying something.

But what?s perfect to one person may not be perfect to the next. Everyone has different standards, and what one sees an an imperfection the next will think you?re being too picky, which they very well might be. But my point being that it?s nearly impossible to receive a statue that is perfectly pristine.

Heck the only collectables that I?ve bought without any issues are Hot Toys figures! Once a hand painted piece is involved, if you try hard enough you?ll almost always be able to find some sort of issue. In my first year in partially transitioning from figures to statues it was my first thing I had to learn as the whiplash in QC was definitely concerning.
That's fair. I suppose my main point was that my Queen pieces have flaws that I notice more readily than some of those other manufacturers. I don't think I'm being overly critical of Queen when I unbox them, but who knows.