Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 11-10-2023, 02:17 PM   #1
Davidian
Omega Flight

P1 and lost packages

So I was supposed to get my 1:3 Alien Big Chap statue last Saturday (11/4), but it never showed up, even though tracking said it was in Seattle. Come to find out, those were only "logical" scans and not physical scans, and that the last physical scan was back in the Louisville KY hub that same day. This was shipped via the UPS Worldwide Express Saver service, which is SUPPOSED to be guaranteed 1-3 business days, well the hell with that. I've called the UPS customer service line and even went to my local UPS customer care center multiple times, and was told different things each time, yet this last time I was told that it might be lost and to file a claim. Well I can't file a claim because I'm the receiver AND the delivery date hasn't been set or surpassed. I already paid the duties on it as well, yet here I am without a statue.

I've been in communication with P1 customer service regarding this, but of course this new information I got today falls on a day where they're closed. The last email I sent them early this week was that UPS told me that I should have gotten the package yesterday, but that never happened either.

So TLDR, has anyone dealt with P1 when the courier has lost your package? Was it PITA? I'm already not thrilled with dealing with buying from them direct due to their insane shipping prices, and now THIS. It's not their fault regarding UPS, but I'm anticipating this being a PITA. I don't wanna be out $2300 with this, as I will be PISSED. Also, if it was lost and you had to pay duties, were you SOL on the previous duties being refunded?
Davidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 06:50 PM   #2
dao2
Cyclops

I know you are probably stressed but I think the best thing you can do right now is wait a few days, give it till like the end of next week or at least mid next week before you start hitting up the supports again.

You probably can get custom duties refunded but you'd have to ask I doubt it would be automatic however whatever you fee you paid was probably quite small? And P1 should replace or refund it if it's truly lost (but I don't personally have any experience with them regarding it).
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 06:51 PM   #3
jinkazama
Cobra Command

For future reference, your best bet would be to purchase P1 statues directly from Secret Compass Collectables, as they're based in Fort Collins Colorado in the USA, and they're the BEST online retailer to buy P1 statues from directly, and you won't have to pay ridiculous amounts for shipping either......
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:26 PM   #4
Jungle Demon
Hydra

My advice : Relax and let them deal about with it. That package is somewhere. Just wait a few days.
Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2023, 07:33 PM   #5
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I know you are probably stressed but I think the best thing you can do right now is wait a few days, give it till like the end of next week or at least mid next week before you start hitting up the supports again.

You probably can get custom duties refunded but you'd have to ask I doubt it would be automatic however whatever you fee you paid was probably quite small? And P1 should replace or refund it if it's truly lost (but I don't personally have any experience with them regarding it).

Thanks for the solid advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinkazama View Post
For future reference, your best bet would be to purchase P1 statues directly from Secret Compass Collectables, as they're based in Fort Collins Colorado in the USA, and they're the BEST online retailer to buy P1 statues from directly, and you won't have to pay ridiculous amounts for shipping either......

Oh I know, but SC didn't have this particular statue up for preorder. I've ordered from SC and they're solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jungle Demon View Post
My advice : Relax and let them deal about with it. That package is somewhere. Just wait a few days.

Haha, fair enough!
Old 11-10-2023, 11:47 PM   #6
dao2
Cyclops

BTW if you want to call UPS and get an agent immediately without going through a ton of phone options and get hung up by the auto attendant say "returning a call" as the reason why you are calling and it should take you to an agent.
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 12:10 AM   #7
Davidian
Omega Flight

Quote:
BTW if you want to call UPS and get an agent immediately without going through a ton of phone options and get hung up by the auto attendant say "returning a call" as the reason why you are calling and it should take you to an agent.

Nice, good to know. Thanks!
Old 11-11-2023, 12:16 AM   #8
PacMan3000
The Spirit

This probably isn't your situation, but I figured I'd share this in case it helps you (or someone else). A couple years ago I purchased the Queen Studios 1:1 Battle Damaged Mark 50 bust. Came in two boxes and shipped via DHL.

On delivery day, I only received one box. Hopped in a car and tried to find the DHL truck around the next few blocks--couldn't find him. Called DHL--no help. Then went to the local DHL service center and explained the situation. He looked up the tracking. He told me the box likely is caught up in another location, perhaps missed a flight, and will be there soon.

I explained to him what the box looks like (that it has the MARVEL logo on it, for example), and he told me he'd call me if anything changes.

I go home. Couple hours later, he calls me back. Turns out the box was in the back in their warehouse the whole time--somehow it got overlooked or forgotten I guess. So he said he'd hold it for me while I drove back down to pick it up.

Weird, and frustrating, things happen sometimes. It might be a good idea, if possible, to make the person working at your local UPS aware of your box, describe if it has any identifying markers or logos, and just give him your number so he can call you if anything unusual happens or if your box is somehow "discovered" somewhere in the back of the warehouse facility.
PacMan3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 12:57 AM   #9
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:
I know whenever I was having issues with UPS delivering a package I would use the term “complaint manager” and that got me to somebody almost immediately. Just say that once or twice while the annoying automated voice is speaking and it should get you over to somebody.
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2023, 05:27 AM   #10
Jungle Demon
Hydra

Jungle Demon is offline   Reply With Quote