Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 01-22-2013, 07:55 AM   #981
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Does anyone here own the sideshow Jason Friday the 13th part III PF? I put my Joker next to him and the PF dwarfs him. I thought Sideshows PFs were 1/4 scale but Jason appears to be closer to 1/3rd scale.

Darkgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #982
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Jason is like 6'8 and Heath was 6'1. How big of a difference is there?
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 AM   #983
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Jason is like 6'8 and Heath was 6'1. How big of a difference is there?
You must not be much of a Fan of Jason. 6'5 was the tallest Jason ever was and in part 3 he is played by someone who is 6'3. At 6'3 that puts him about 25 inches high, my PF is 21 inches high but his back is hunched over so if it was possible to stand up straight I think he would be close to 25 inches.

Does it even say anywhere that PFs are 1/4 scale because I cant find it anywhere.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #984
Jack Burton
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkgod View Post
You must not be much of a Fan of Jason. 6'5 was the tallest Jason ever was and in part 3 he is played by someone who is 6'3. At 6'3 that puts him about 25 inches high, my PF is 21 inches high but his back is hunched over so if it was possible to stand up straight I think he would be close to 25 inches.

Does it even say anywhere that PFs are 1/4 scale because I cant find it anywhere.
Dude, 6'3" is 75". Divide 75 by 4 and you get 18.75". Not trolling. Just trying to help.
Jack Burton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 12:50 PM   #985
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Burton View Post
Dude, 6'3" is 75". Divide 75 by 4 and you get 18.75". Not trolling. Just trying to help.
I know but the Jason PF is not that height he is way taller than that he is 21 inches high and he dwarfs the Joker, which is about 19 inches high.

It just looks weird having them next to each other Jason should be roughly the same size at that scale because 6'3 and 6'1 is not a huge difference at that scale.

Jason's scale is between 1/4 and 1/3.
Old 01-22-2013, 01:13 PM   #986
Fremen
Birds of Prey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
I had pre ordered mine from them. I don't know if they actually bought any in for the shelf due to the price. I saw one tonight in that games and toys shop at Chinook Center and they had it for $649 That place is ridiculous!
I saw that too, at discovery hut in chinook. I took a picture and laughed.
Fremen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 06:28 PM   #987
Jack Burton

Quote:
I know but the Jason PF is not that height he is way taller than that he is 21 inches high and he dwarfs the Joker, which is about 19 inches high.

It just looks weird having them next to each other Jason should be roughly the same size at that scale because 6'3 and 6'1 is not a huge difference at that scale.

Jason's scale is between 1/4 and 1/3.
Yeah, I hear you. So is the Alien big chap maquette. Just look how small the original freddy kreuger premium format is. They aren't always consistent.

I just remembered: the buffy premium formats. Buffy is short in real life ( Sarah Michelle Gellar). Not so for the premium format.
Old 01-22-2013, 09:33 PM   #988
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Yeah, I hear you. So is the Alien big chap maquette. Just look how small the original freddy kreuger premium format is. They aren't always consistent.

I just remembered: the buffy premium formats. Buffy is short in real life ( Sarah Michelle Gellar). Not so for the premium format.
Yeah it just looks so weird, it looks like a totally different scale because not only is he taller but his head and body overall is huge compared to the Joker!

BTW on average how tall are 1/3rd scale figures?
Old 01-22-2013, 10:42 PM   #989
Jack Burton

Quote:
Yeah it just looks so weird, it looks like a totally different scale because not only is he taller but his head and body overall is huge compared to the Joker!

BTW on average how tall are 1/3rd scale figures?
It's hard to be really strict with scale when sculpting, but. True 1/3 Heath Ledger Joker would be 24.33". Add a little more with shoes. 1/3 scale definitely is imposing. That's why the CM preddy really grabs your attention.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:21 AM   #990
Darkgod
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
It's hard to be really strict with scale when sculpting, but. True 1/3 Heath Ledger Joker would be 24.33". Add a little more with shoes. 1/3 scale definitely is imposing. That's why the CM preddy really grabs your attention.
Yeah I feel Jason is a shire off being a CM, he is so dam huge. At least they got the scale right for Freddy at 18 inches tall like most 1/4 scale ones are!