Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-26-2023, 01:13 AM   #1
koflach
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Galactus Maquette - 2013

I know this is a long shot, but I recently picked this up locally and it did not come with the box, shipper or styrofoam. Does anyone have these that they don't need for whatever reason? Thanks.
koflach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2023, 05:36 AM   #2
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
I know this is a long shot, but I recently picked this up locally and it did not come with the box, shipper or styrofoam. Does anyone have these that they don't need for whatever reason? Thanks.

Great pick-up, as this is one that got away (personally), but still holds today.

You don't see many come up for sale, so you may luck-out with finding packaging/boxes, as this sculpt seems to be a universal keeper for most.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2023, 09:57 PM   #3
koflach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Great pick-up, as this is one that got away (personally), but still holds today.

You don't see many come up for sale, so you may luck-out with finding packaging/boxes, as this sculpt seems to be a universal keeper for most.
Thanks, I have an ebay alert set up just in case something pops up.

I was shocked to see this available for $600 canadian (less than $450 USD) and it was local too. The surfer had some damage as well as the left hand of galactus has a broken pinkie finger that was glued back together but overall nothing major. I'm looking to get both of these professionally fixed.
Old 08-30-2023, 07:36 AM   #4
Divo
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
Thanks, I have an ebay alert set up just in case something pops up.

I was shocked to see this available for $600 canadian (less than $450 USD) and it was local too. The surfer had some damage as well as the left hand of galactus has a broken pinkie finger that was glued back together but overall nothing major. I'm looking to get both of these professionally fixed.

Brother, you have the lion's share, priced for a song, you've already won!

Stories like these keep an open window to the formerly unattainable, & fosters hope for collecting possibilities. Great stuff.
Divo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 10:08 PM   #5
koflach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
Brother, you have the lion's share, priced for a song, you've already won!

Stories like these keep an open window to the formerly unattainable, & fosters hope for collecting possibilities. Great stuff.
Thanks, I know i'm super fortunate to have gotten it at that price and it being local as well. It can't hurt to try and find the rest of it though. This might even be my wife's favourite statue that I have as it doesn't come with a box!