Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-12-2020, 04:10 AM   #101
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The World View Post
I think it is likely that Sideshow will at least do Red Death.

Edit: Maybe even the Death Metal versions of Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman for some sellers.
Can't imagine Sideshow making these, it took them 6 years to make a standard Flash, but if they do I'd have to buy even more iterations of the same characters... yet again!

Love the idea of Sideshow using current comics as source material.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 04:24 AM   #102
mattikebukuro
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

The whole line by Prime 1 Studio is breathtaking but the amount of space needed is not negligible.
Red Death and The Merciless each alone takes as much estate as Superman Hush. The BWL and the Drowned are actually the smallest ones in the series.

I will buy the Prime 1 Red Death as a Stand-alone because I love the character's design but Sideshow's offering for the BWL is much more appealing just in terms of estate (I would place both prototypes equally but Sideshow now has to do the job on the production piece like Prime 1 did).
mattikebukuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:27 AM   #103
shadow.broker
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Damn, this looks amazing. Will be really hard to resist
shadow.broker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:44 PM   #104
French Cancan
Deadman

I love this guy. But he’ll never laugh on one of my shelves.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 12:47 PM   #105
Lestat Phoenix
Birdman

EDIT"
Lestat Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 05:58 PM   #106
The World
Justice League

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackestNight View Post
Can't imagine Sideshow making these, it took them 6 years to make a standard Flash, but if they do I'd have to buy even more iterations of the same characters... yet again!

Love the idea of Sideshow using current comics as source material.
I guess it would be hard to resist making another trinity set. Can't leave money on the table...

The World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 06:38 PM   #107
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Not sure if these were posted yet.

Jeez this looks great. I do think though that as great as this is a part of the Prime 1’s epicness is the scale. You can get really detailed with 1/4 but 1/3, even being just “one size” up, makes some amount of difference. Although less detailed than BWL, now that I have PCS Spidey, my only 1/3 so far, I can see the difference 1/3 can make in terms of possible details.

That said I’m sure more details could be added to SS’s. Several things that would put it at P1’s level:

1. P1’s sleeves and pants are specifically more wrinkled, more stitches and more seems, which just means it looks more detailed.

2. P1’s is darker in the torso and has square buckles, which is just a tad more sinister looking than SS’s brown torso with circle buckles. Colors and shapes matter lol.

3. P1’s has dark red drippy cloth bits throughout the clothing. It just adds that much more horror feeling to him.

4. P1’s has the mouth grime and detail. Major key.

If SS did any of those things it would make theirs even more awesome. The pose is already better than P1’s. But it looks like a “cleaner” version than P1s. I agree with Indomitus, run this through the horror car wash lol.

Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:07 PM   #108
SONICobra
Batman

as someone who plans on owning both i like that theyre a little different. honestly theyre both equal from sculpt to design to pose to base imo - only edge P1 has is that it comes with all three robins in a relatively compact (for 1/3 scale) footprint
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:18 PM   #109
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
as someone who plans on owning both i like that theyre a little different. honestly theyre both equal from sculpt to design to pose to base imo - only edge P1 has is that it comes with all three robins in a relatively compact (for 1/3 scale) footprint
Woah woah woah, stop trying to be reasonable. There's no place for that on an internet message board. Get with the program and tell us which one you think is the greatest thing ever and which one is complete garbage please. Then we'll consider taking you seriously.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 07:51 PM   #110
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
Woah woah woah, stop trying to be reasonable. There's no place for that on an internet message board. Get with the program and tell us which one you think is the greatest thing ever and which one is complete garbage please. Then we'll consider taking you seriously.
I don’t think any one has said either is garbage. Just that one is better than the other etc.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote