Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-20-2017, 08:53 PM   #71
moon_knight1971
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
More humor? I guess I shouldn't be surprised. It's been the pattern up to this point across the majority of the MCU and it's been financially successful for them. With GotG V2 and Spider-Man this year I was kinda hoping they'd aim for a more serious tone with Thor to contrast those releases.
Think Marvel is going to play it safe ala PG-13 and use Netflix or other venues for "darker" material
moon_knight1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:09 PM   #72
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
At least, this time around it won't be forced dull mortal humor from the annoying 'mir mir' girl and her British sidekick.

At least now it will come from Asgardians, which I will appreciate more, and probably laugh at more. I actually laughed quite alot in the first Thor movie, when Thor got injected with a sleep induction, and got hit by the jeep. Comedy like that can be quite endearing, but when it comes from the humans, not so much, it's just stupid and tacky.

But I agree with you, I did wish Thor 3 would be more serious, as it's supposed to be the assumed end for Thor and his films in the MCU. Would rather he went out on a serious note and not a comedic note.
That is a good example, the fish out of water situation worked in the first Thor, I really think it is possible to have a great Thor movie-even Epic if the story is right- with humor included, something like the Straczynski run in Thor which is Epic and very funny-in a smart way-at the same time.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 09:04 AM   #73
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryOutlaw View Post
That is a good example, the fish out of water situation worked in the first Thor, I really think it is possible to have a great Thor movie-even Epic if the story is right- with humor included, something like the Straczynski run in Thor which is Epic and very funny-in a smart way-at the same time.
Was the JMS run on Thor funny? I don't recall that. I'll have to reread the omnibus. I agree that it was epic.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 04:29 PM   #74
LegendaryOutlaw
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

There are funny moments through his run with the folks of Broxton Oklahoma, the Warriors Three-Volstagg!-, 'etcetera'.
LegendaryOutlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 08:17 PM   #75
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegendaryOutlaw View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
Was the JMS run on Thor funny? I don't recall that. I'll have to reread the omnibus. I agree that it was epic.
Straczynski's run is a bit overrated in my opinion. Entertaining? yes. Clever? perhaps. Humorous? not so much. Epic? I don't think so. Adequate would be a more accurate term. In the end, it felt deflated and out of gas. A huge buildup that delivered little. Just like most Marvel stories nowadays.
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 01:05 AM   #76
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

More from the adventures of Thor and Darryl

https://youtu.be/BY9XfmbXOZQ
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #77
statman
Baron Zemo

statman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:22 PM   #78
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Some more pictures here.
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/...r-hela-a149491
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:43 PM   #79
samhain81
The Masters of Evil

Not impressed at all. Having the hair short just screams laziness. Love Thor, love the movies, love the hair. This, just dissapoints me greatly, doesn't even look like Thor, but a roman gladiator or something, or worse, just looks like Chris Hemsworth lol. I might just wait for Blu ray
samhain81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 03:51 PM   #80
Python
Omega Red

Looks like the set of an episode of Stargate SG1 in those pictures Still, I liked the first two, I'm looking forward to this...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote