Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-22-2017, 10:48 PM   #211
dafadcariad
Blue Falcon

The Ex just baffles me. To me the axe detracts from the statue since it just confuses me as to why it's even necessary considering she's wielding Thor's hammer. On the plus side though it does mean that I can wait on this and possibly pick up the reg down the road without feeling like I missed out if the EX is gone by then.
dafadcariad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:16 PM   #212
OrangeCrush
Kindly Asked To Leave

Easy day one pre-order for me. In fact, I will likely wind up buying 2 of these as my son has become an absolute die hard Jane Foster Thor fan since Marvel first introduced her. I have already purchased the Jane Foster Thor Fine Art Print for him so it would be great to be able to give him the statue as well as that would give him his very first statue/print pairing. He doesnt know it yet, but we also have the 4 TMNT's coming for him this year as well so this will be a great year for his personal collection.

And I actually really like the female Thor idea as well and I persnally love the design of the character. So I will definitely be buying one of these for my collection as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
An unhelmeted head would have been a great ex. This statue is kind of blah.
Agreed. Its a real shame they didn't go that route. I continue to hope that Sideshow will adopt a policy to include 2nd portraits in all PF statues in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
The detail on that looks great, but it doesn't look like the same character to me. It just looks like some random barbarian chick.
I agree with this as well. There is no doubt its an absolutely beautiful statue, but it just doesnt fit the character at all IMO. If you were buying it as some random barbian chick to stick next to some conan piece then I could perfectly understand someone buying it, or if they just love the look of barbian women in general. But as a Jane Foster Thor? I just don't see it at all. No resemblance whatsoever.

IMO, this statue is as bad as Sideshow's Gal Gadot Wonder Woman in that regard. The likeness just isn't there at all. It just looks nothing like any of the versions I have seen of Jane Foster Thor. Both are nice statues, but both look nothing like the character they were supposed to be designed after. As long as you can look past that, both are nice statues.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:19 PM   #213
Vracula
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'd get this as a generic medieval fantasy female warrior.
Yeah its a really nice sculpt.
Vracula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:07 AM   #214
Jiggatron69
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
I'd get this as a generic medieval fantasy female warrior.
Uh oh, now others are starting to talk like CBG
Jiggatron69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:30 AM   #215
VindictvePotato
Shadowhawk

Don't know much about Jane Foster outside her role as Thor's love interest, but i'm really digging this statue. I'm seriously considering picking it up.
VindictvePotato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 04:35 AM   #216
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

It looks great. But i couldn't give a monkeys toss about Jane Foster as Thor, especially for 500 bucks!
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 08:18 AM   #217
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggatron69 View Post
Uh oh, now others are starting to talk like CBG
# sigh #

I know who / what the statue represents, I didn't feel the need to reiterate that point given the focus of the thread.

What I was attempting to get across in as few words as possible, is the fact that, even if I feel nothing for the comic character herself, I could justify this statue in my collection on the merit of the sculpt alone. I (that is, JUST ME) would grow it as a generic female warrior as opposed to "Lady Thor"

I hope that's clearer.
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:33 AM   #218
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

An unmasked COH would had been much better. The way she is holding the axe is weird and awkward.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 10:45 AM   #219
grphyx1
Kingpin

Love the character or not this is an absolutely beautiful statue. And SS must have gotten a new photographer because these pics look lush! The smoke trail is ah-Mazing!
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:02 PM   #220
AC_808
Hercules

This actually looks really good. SSC's staging of the mixed-media skirt and cape is nicely done. I like that everything else is sculpted.

But the question I'm asking myself right now is ...is this worth $500. Right now I'm not really sure.
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote