Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-20-2018, 12:37 AM   #371
Cali604
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divo View Post
One would have to be blind not to dig this Hulk. The hyper detailed anatomy, the great portrait and hair, the exceptional paint apps, even Banner is way cool. But,.........there lies the rub for me. This Hulk really should only be displayed with Banner, or his stance/pose, if displayed alone, would have a too Shakespearean vibe to it, especially with his astral gaze. Besides, any Hulk should have at least one clenched, mighty fist in the design.

Now imagine this same quality sculpt in a foreword gazing, lunging, raging pose with fist(s) cocked and ready to smash. Epic.
Im not huge Hulk fan. My favourite tho is SS Gladiator Hulk. I keep coming back to look at the pictures for this one...and I do find him mesmerizing. The physique, thickness, just seems so impressive. I normally like the more intelligent looking Hulk drawn by Bryne and Silvestri but I like that this one is a cross between the neanderthal/semi intelligent look. Banner seems tortured and Hulk is raw rage. It is a very impressive piece.
Cali604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 02:42 AM   #372
craigcliff1
Zot

Yes Gladiator Hulk is one of best statues made. I remember when that came up and the complaints, now regular 1/4 are that much, if not more.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:28 AM   #373
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Well if I had to compare what collectors call a “ grail “ Hulk to new XM I’d have to say bye to the old in with the new . There is no comparison. Again comments about the XM pose or hands ??? Look how bad this Frankenfreaks head looks. No competition

Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 03:30 AM   #374
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Old 09-20-2018, 04:31 AM   #375
Nebulhym
The X-Men

LOL there's no comparison here at all.

I always found the OG particularly ugly!
Nebulhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 05:37 AM   #376
Tayto_0
Sinister Six

XM's Hulk is on another level no doubt. Will take something special to top it.

It's probably not a fair comparison though, the OG is about a decade or so older. For now Hulk transformation is King, but some day he too will be old. Let's respect the OGs without them we may never have got this masterpiece

To the OG
Tayto_0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:00 AM   #377
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayto_0 View Post
XM's Hulk is on another level no doubt. Will take something special to top it.

It's probably not a fair comparison though, the OG is about a decade or so older. For now Hulk transformation is King, but some day he too will be old. Let's respect the OGs without them we may never have got this masterpiece

To the OG

Anyone who has that piece should be proud to own it. It's my favorite OG sculpt from SS.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 08:51 AM   #378
built2shred
Phoenix

SS OG Hulk is how he looked earlier in his comic books...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 12:36 PM   #379
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I’m well aware that OG Hulk is based on Kirby art and it’s old but what collectors won’t tell you is that they are defending its price tag which is between 5K Canadian for green and more for grey. They can’t handle the fact just like og venom comiquette prices will drop and the new XM is just a superior product .

For years I took a punt in having a stance that Kirby art for me was terrible and same with that awkward statue . Now I purchased XM which I’m every way is superior there are those who still knock it??? Thats why I write these posts so trolls from other sites can read the truth or my opinion on the matter .
Old 09-20-2018, 02:52 PM   #380
built2shred
Phoenix

IMO it's comparing apples to oranges as XM is more based on a modern Hulk... Those that want the Kirby look will have to pay, supply and demand...

The only way the price will drop on the Kirby version is if someone makes a new Kirby version.. IMO anyways..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote