Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 10-31-2017, 07:46 PM   #21
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You just know we have to have a classic bob portrait. That one could be chain free.

I wonder if they would do something showing her morphing? Like have half a leg or arm that was phasing back to her natural form. Not sure how that would render out in 3D, but just wondering if they thought of it.
Exactly! Love this idea!
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:49 PM   #22
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
Please no "diamond" for Emma. It always looks so horrible, like cheap plastic - nothing like diamond.

But, back to Mystique. I hope it's her white dress and not the black outfit like the PF. I had the comiquette and sold it because I hated the odd size and super dark skin.
Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
I agree with the sentiment expressed above-lose the chain, classic white outfit but keep it simple. This is one where the closer you stick to the source material, the better. The allure of Mystique was always that rich, blue skin again the simple white plunge of her costume.

Personally I would love to see a switch out head with her classic straight bob hair also.
Without a doubt ...it has to be her classic white costume. It would be criminal not to use her classic white costume.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:15 PM   #23
SDguy

Curious to see if XM will do something that will make me want more than the SS comiquette.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:00 PM   #24
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I hate how her hand is in her hair on the comiquette. Or rather, I hate how her hair is laying around that hand/arm in the front. Kills the otherwise great piece for me.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:02 PM   #25
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

My two biggest gripes were size and skin/hair color. I found the colors way too dark for my taste (the PF color was much better).

But that size. Bigger than every single other female comiquette including Emma, Jean Grey, Storm, Madame Hydra, etc. but smaller than female PFs like Ms. Marvel, She Hulk.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:06 PM   #26
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
You just know we have to have a classic bob portrait. That one could be chain free.

I wonder if they would do something showing her morphing? Like have half a leg or arm that was phasing back to her natural form. Not sure how that would render out in 3D, but just wondering if they thought of it.
I have a drawing by Perez where Mystique is changing. I'm not a fan of that it sounds cool but i promise you won't like it.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:58 PM   #27
SDguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
My two biggest gripes were size and skin/hair color. I found the colors way too dark for my taste (the PF color was much better).

But that size. Bigger than every single other female comiquette including Emma, Jean Grey, Storm, Madame Hydra, etc. but smaller than female PFs like Ms. Marvel, She Hulk.
XM is going to have to be REALLY careful with the blue they use. I've seen customs of the comiquette painted lighter blue, and she just looks like a giant smurf.
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 01:26 PM   #28
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDguy View Post
XM is going to have to be REALLY careful with the blue they use. I've seen customs of the comiquette painted lighter blue, and she just looks like a giant smurf.
If they keep her colors true to this render, I think most people will be happy. She's not too dark, or too light. The red is perfect too (I found the red hair on the comi way too dark as well).
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 12:01 AM   #29
ChaFoShizzle
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Wow! Looks good so far! Excited to see a full preview when ready.
ChaFoShizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:27 AM   #30
AC_808
Hercules

Hopefully the body sculpt is going to be sexy as hell. If so, I'd definitely be in for Mystique.