Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > ARH Studios

Old 06-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #21
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I mean, look at the company we're talking about here. Coin slot vaginas, boobs pointing to the ceiling, removable clothes. Did you expect anything classy?

Not class, just
Spoiler
a$$.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 03:31 PM   #22
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAB380 View Post
You’re giving them a lot of credit to say that paintjob is meant to be the wind burnt look of a long time sailor and not just a poor paintjob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
Perhaps he is, but I see it now.
Regardless of whether or not that is what they were going for it is evident that most people would prefer that the face be changed so I hope they do, it would be better for sales for sure
TNovak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2018, 06:00 PM   #23
stone eagle
Justice League

I kind of like this statue and Cleopatra too but I will not pre-order anything from ARH until they deliver more than promises.....
I have on order two statues from 2016 that all I get are promises of sometime in the future delivery.
If they ever get to the idea of having it on the shelf and as soon as payment is cleared we will ship ASAP, then maybe sometime in the future I may buy one of their statues. (That's assuming I finally get my back-ordered statues too.)
stone eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 11:20 AM   #24
clutch
Sailor Moon

It could have been painted nicer but then you run into a Sideshow Toy situation and ----- about the final product not looking as good as the prototype.
clutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2018, 12:25 PM   #25
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

My consideration of new statues will start when my old one arrives.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 02:57 PM   #26
Mutant-Man
Frackin!

This isn't the sort of thing I'd buy anyway, but just my two cents, that face/the paint job look pretty bad.

I really wish ARH would focus on mythology: more gods, Odysseus, Polyphemus, etc. More stuff like the minotaur...please.
Mutant-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 03:23 PM   #27
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutant-Man View Post
This isn't the sort of thing I'd buy anyway, but just my two cents, that face/the paint job look pretty bad.

I really wish ARH would focus on mythology: more gods, Odysseus, Polyphemus, etc. More stuff like the minotaur...please.
I've tried to tell them this exactly!
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 07:40 PM   #28
dao2
Cyclops

I think zeus didn't do so well, you can tell them that but when ---- doesnt sell what do you expect
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:00 PM   #29
Brandon
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
I think zeus didn't do so well, you can tell them that but when ---- doesnt sell what do you expect
True. Although, I think Zeus didn't sell well only because they cut corners on him. I bought him and for the most part I like him but his unimaginative base and pose could've been done a lot better. Ares, Athena and Poseidon had no problem selling because their designs were great and thought out so that they fit each character and spared no detail, especially Ares.

I think it basically comes down to cutting corners to make a quick buck. Cleopatra looks great, but that "coin slot" is inexcusable. The same with the paint app for Arhian Pirate.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 09:33 PM   #30
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
True. Although, I think Zeus didn't sell well only because they cut corners on him. I bought him and for the most part I like him but his unimaginative base and pose could've been done a lot better. Ares, Athena and Poseidon had no problem selling because their designs were great and thought out so that they fit each character and spared no detail, especially Ares.

I think it basically comes down to cutting corners to make a quick buck. Cleopatra looks great, but that "coin slot" is inexcusable. The same with the paint app for Arhian Pirate.
no piece is perfect, all have issues, but still money is how it goes. people asked forever for zeus, and then they don't do well why take a risk when other stuff sells
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote