Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 05-03-2011, 09:29 PM   #101
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormshadow75x View Post
It was a slower episode but it felt like the pieces were being moved into place.

What I really found interesting was the fact that more information on Ed's past is coming to light. It also seems that Ed sees his sister in his daughter. I hope we get to see what exactly happened to her.

Not sure what the plan is for Jon Snow.

Also interesting to see Daenerys realizing how much power she has.
It's funny that with the books you have a ton of internal monologue that help to flush out characters but the show doesn't have the benefit of that. They have been very clever about it though. That final scene with Ed watching Arya training was great. The way he went from looking proud, to hearing actual swordplay and starting to look grim was just perfect.

Jon Snow is a fan favorite so look forward to good things from him.

Dany character development is a blast. She seems like she is going to be a perpetual victim, then she starts to find her backbone. The scene in the last episode where her brother gives an order to Jorah and he instead looks to Dany was classic.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #102
Babytoxie
Ghost

Cripples, Bastards, & Broken Things

What an ending!
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:22 AM   #103
protector2814
Phoenix

Loved the joust' outcome. 1st time I've seen that but I bet "accidents" like that happened from time to time. The chubby new Wall-walker is an interesting character, I think I know where they're going w/ him, but I could be way off. Agree w/ BT, that was a sweet final few minutes.
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 10:32 AM   #104
Sniper
Objectivo Bastardo

In general both show are really well written. While Camelot has been more of a faster paced show at times I think that game of Thrones will pick up soon.
I find the whole plot of game of thrones a bit better than Camelot and I have to say being interested in King arthur is getting harder and harder each episode.
My wife finds him unwatchable and does not like him at all which tends to be a problem when the whole series revolves around him.
In all I enjoy both shows
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:20 AM   #105
Babytoxie
Ghost

Also - I love the opening credits for this show. Where I normally fast foward over credits, I watch these every time. So what is the giant tree with the face, located in Winterfell?

And am I treading in spoiler territory by asking: what the heck is The Wall? Is it a glacier? Is it man-made? (didn't a character say it was "built"?)
Old 05-09-2011, 11:34 AM   #106
Sinatra VonDoom
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babytoxie View Post
Also - I love the opening credits for this show. Where I normally fast foward over credits, I watch these every time. So what is the giant tree with the face, located in Winterfell?

And am I treading in spoiler territory by asking: what the heck is The Wall? Is it a glacier? Is it man-made? (didn't a character say it was "built"?)
Maybe, but probably not ***spoilers***

The wall was built by Bran the Builder generations ago. It's kind of like the pyramids in that people aren't entirely sure how he built it. Some say it was magic. He was mentioned in passing this episode . Ned mentioned that his Bran could be like his namesake even though he could never be a Knight.

And it was built to keep whatever is on the other side out. If that is the wild people or the things that go bump in the night...depends on who you ask.
Sinatra VonDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 11:39 AM   #107
Babytoxie
Ghost

Aha... thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinatra VonDoom View Post
And it was built to keep whatever is on the other side out. If that is the wild people or the things that go bump in the night...depends on who you ask.

Yes, that was another thing I was wondering about: the wild folks vs. The Others. Thanks for adding that.
Old 05-09-2011, 11:56 AM   #108
sleepindeath
Nightwing

[QUOTE=Babytoxie;3905243]Also - I love the opening credits for this show. Where I normally fast foward over credits, I watch these every time. So what is the giant tree with the face, located in Winterfell?]

This would be the godwood. This is located at Winterfell as it is where the Starks go to pray. The Starks believe in older gods then most of the other kingdoms.
sleepindeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2011, 12:28 PM   #109
Babytoxie
Ghost

Thanks guys. I guess I could read the books, but with the limited amount of reading time I have these days, a series of this size seems pretty daunting.
Old 05-09-2011, 12:33 PM   #110
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

I'm planning on watching the latest episode tonight, maybe using the HBO app. I've given up watching Camelot, it's just kinda ho-hum storytelling, cardboard character development and one-dimensional performances, lacklust art direction, and not terribly well cast in my opinion.
Game of Thrones on the other hand, seems to be scoring on all these fronts. The storytelling is fresh and multilayered, the art direction and sets are fantastic, the diologue is well written, the characters are nicely realized and the casting is outstanding (Sean Bean and the guy playing the king especially, but even the kid actors are quite good). This is on my weekly must watch list.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote