Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-24-2012, 03:06 PM   #411
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Spazzy, I hate you How the heck did you get BD reg for $125?

And I agree that GG BD is a great piece and you have to see it in person to really appreciate it. I have both Amber and BD and despite the incredible amount of detail on Amber, BD is still the better one.
I bought from entertainment earth they had a buy one get one half off, so I got amber at $250, and BD was $125 + 55 shipping, When Amber got here she was damaged and refunded the entire amount for Amber and let BD slide for $125+shipping, I eventually (3 more times) got an amber for $190 shipped.

I agree Amber and even Blondie so far are much more detailed in the costume than BD, but BD carries presence, sex appeal, IS the movie's star, and the design is bada** look how many cosplay and art commissions are happening with her. Which is why she fetches so much, the cost would eventually happen even if they made 1500 -2000 of them, a good statue will always sell, which is why they made 500 more, they could have easily made more and it would have sold through, and prices I believe would still eventually rise look how many Emma Frost AH statues there are, and she commands a large cost.

Still there are little touch ups I would love to do to Amber and BD just working on something else, I would love to change the makeup on AMber, maybe even the sculpt a tad to match closer to the actor, and BD would like to change the makeup slightly and lighten the color (but a bit afraid to do that to such a nice piece already)
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:12 PM   #412
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

I hope the base is awesome. At least with detail similar to the Lara PF. Baby Doll seems to be posed like one of the teaser posters. So, I'm hoping for the snow temple with samurai bits.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:13 PM   #413
Spazzy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I hope the base is awesome. At least with detail similar to the Lara PF. Baby Doll seems to be posed like one of the teaser posters. So, I'm hoping for the snow temple with samurai bits.
I agree that could look outstanding!
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:22 PM   #414
ambasah
Red Skull

I hope SS version will be awesome, but that in no way takes away from the beauty of the GG statue.

I and every other owner were blown away by her. She is in the top 5 of all the statues I own.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #415
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Ive got the GG BabyDoll and plan to get all 5 girls.

First off the GG museum pose in polystone is as good as it gets in my opinion. Its hard to compare it to an action PF pose where she looks more animated than realistic.

But ill say this, if the base is indeed a giant samurai head like some ppl think. I may be inclined to pick this lil babydoll up
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 04:49 PM   #416
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambasah View Post
I hope SS version will be awesome, but that in no way takes away from the beauty of the GG statue.

I and every other owner were blown away by her. She is in the top 5 of all the statues I own.

Sideshow's BD is looking great and I may even end up getting one (I really loved the movie), but GG's Babydoll still rates as one of the one amazing statues I picked up last year. And whilst the smaller ES obviously contributed to the skyrocketing prices, it was the overall quality of the final piece that really drove demand. I'm keen to see the full pose on Sideshows too. Some action poses can look a little too forced and I hope that's not the case with this one. In comparison, I like the pose that GG used. I don't really consider it a museum pose, but more a reflection of the cool, ready to kickass attitude of Babydoll
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:26 PM   #417
Y3E
Gen 13

i agree with what people are saying about a big base. Don't know if it is the samurai head, but that would be cool. She definitely needs a big base because Emily Browning is only 5'1" or 5'2" so that would make the statue no more than 15.5" in height, even shorter as she is bending in the pose.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 06:28 PM   #418
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
I bought from entertainment earth they had a buy one get one half off, so I got amber at $250, and BD was $125 + 55 shipping, When Amber got here she was damaged and refunded the entire amount for Amber and let BD slide for $125+shipping, I eventually (3 more times) got an amber for $190 shipped.
Geez, you find good deals.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:08 PM   #419
Perfecto
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
If Gentle Giant first announced Babydoll with a $800.00 price tag you would have bought one?
I would have if my daughter wanted it that bad. Thankfully, my supplier secured me one, and after the whole shortage issue, I had him cancel someone elses order so I could have a back up to sell on ebay later. My kid loves both of her GG SP girls (especially Amber) but after showing her the SS foto, she was ready to sell them. Although she doesn't need to sell them in order to get this one, I agree with her when she said Sideshows has a better resemblence to the character.

This is a perfect opportunity for those who missed out on GG's BD to get something better. Can't wait to see the full reveal.
Perfecto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 07:14 PM   #420
Nidgit
Love me sexy
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perfecto View Post
I would have if my daughter wanted it that bad. Thankfully, my supplier secured me one, and after the whole shortage issue, I had him cancel someone elses order so I could have a back up to sell on ebay later. My kid loves both of her GG SP girls (especially Amber) but after showing her the SS foto, she was ready to sell them. Although she doesn't need to sell them in order to get this one, I agree with her when she said Sideshows has a better resemblence to the character.

This is a perfect opportunity for those who missed out on GG's BD to get something better. Can't wait to see the full reveal.
Well, that's more than just a little provocative isn't it
Nidgit is offline   Reply With Quote