Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Hot Toys

Old 01-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #1
Sleeping Forest
Hidden Warrior

Hot Toys is self-destroying himself!

Hottoys recently become too famous. But the flat is that In my city, Hong Kong. every time it put a new figure, there is a long queue to waiting to buy no matter how. Inflat they use their VIP status to buy it at 10% off ( I am a VIP also) and quickly sell on Yahoo or ebay to make quick money. Do you belive that for only USD 12.5 to USD 25, thet sold off they pre-order receipt. There is why Hottoys figure only got 2 trend : the value rise fast and drop rapidly. But inflat there is no more new figures they can get the license. So repeatly slightly different figures were made. How could you imagine it can to make money any longer?

Hong Kong Hottoys' figure is as same as US. But price lower. And US price is much lower than Japan.

It is so easy to make a quick money as you are a VIP. You got 10% off and pre-order it first. You just need sell to Japan is ok. So if you know economic theory. You will know if everybody know he can get profit, inflat the world will lose money. Just like 1997
asian finace strom and 2008 US banking tsunami !
Sleeping Forest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:38 PM   #2
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

I, too, am getting tired of repaints and the same characters over and over. I was thrilled to See Banner coming and the Chitauri. If I get another Iron man it will come from Avengers 2. But repeats over and over and making the price higher and higher it just is getting old and makes me worry they will burn out collectors. They need to make use of the franchises they have picked up. Batman Returns, X men First Classs. So many other things they have picked up that people would love. Prometheus. Just so much they own that they could do. Robo Cops Cain. A Shame all over. If I see in the next 5 pre orders another Iron man or more I won't be shocked. Give collectors a chance who want them all and give other collectors a chance who might want that slot filled with an Arkham Asylums Harley Quinn. Almost Anything!

sigh
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 12:44 PM   #3
Crazy 88
I am da law!

The Ironman franchise seem to be their money spinning machine. And it does not help that people are sucking them up.
Crazy 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 01:05 PM   #4
chad mcneely
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

right on both counts. I LOVE my Iron Man collection. But Marks I through VII is enough for me. My hall and my Avengers. Igor, Starboost and beyond? A world of no. I don't have the connections to sell of organs to keep up
chad mcneely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 09:58 AM   #5
demonhunter
Kingpin

What is "inflat?"
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 10:07 AM   #6
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonhunter View Post
What is "inflat?"
I think he means "in fact".
Old 02-08-2014, 12:18 PM   #7
derekrodneysim
Giganta

Location: In a country where inequality, oppression, corruption & racism reigns supreme
Not inflated prices?
derekrodneysim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 01:41 PM   #8
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

For me my interest in HT's product wanes. I have a few, from a decade ago until the 1/4 Bale Batman release and I will tell you that they do not "stay fresh" as long as statues do to me. As quality as the product it there is always that inherent "dolly" factor to them for me.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 06:31 PM   #9
built2shred
Phoenix

Hey do you guys mind not posting these topics until after I sell all my HT's off....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2014, 01:41 AM   #10
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Hey do you guys mind not posting these topics until after I sell all my HT's off....
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote