Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-07-2020, 11:45 AM   #51
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Not trying to start anything but to me this sorta proves those XM 1/6th pieces are about $50 to $100 dollars "overpriced". Its all subjective but to me you're getting the same amount of statue in a larger scale. Now the argument is that the XM bases are more detailed and some are but still alot of bang for your buck in this line (by current pricing standards).
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:02 PM   #52
Punisher_
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I plan on getting this. Loved the graphic novel and the movie. Hopefully specfictionshop gets this.
Punisher_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:21 PM   #53
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Interest die off on this one? I think it looks pretty sweet myself. Price is reasonable too given the size and comparable pieces in this scale from other companies being more expensive.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 12:36 PM   #54
Mister H
Gen 13

I like the January-May release date.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:01 PM   #55
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
Interest die off on this one? I think it looks pretty sweet myself. Price is reasonable too given the size and comparable pieces in this scale from other companies being more expensive.
There is just a tidal wave of product coming out. With rising prices, crazy shipping prices, NRD's and Notoriously long wait times collectors are just not making as many impulse purchases. When this is out in peoples hands and they can see the quality then they will move. I know for one I'm tired of P1's wait times and more and more issues with statues. Why do you think they are pulling the Katana trick with the timed exclusive head? They know collectors are hip to their game. That statue won't be in collectors hands for at least 18 months heck Q1 2022 sounds more like it. Collectors are getting really tired of that and having their money tied up in NRD's (and loosing those NRD's). That turned into a rant real quick. Sorry for that.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:02 PM   #56
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I like the January-May release date.
I'm sure no one actually believes it will happen. If it lands this year I'll be shocked.
Old 01-07-2020, 01:14 PM   #57
MisterJ
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I'm sure no one actually believes it will happen. If it lands this year I'll be shocked.
That's Jan -May 2021
MisterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 01:40 PM   #58
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Quote:
There is just a tidal wave of product coming out. With rising prices, crazy shipping prices, NRD's and Notoriously long wait times collectors are just not making as many impulse purchases. When this is out in peoples hands and they can see the quality then they will move. I know for one I'm tired of P1's wait times and more and more issues with statues. Why do you think they are pulling the Katana trick with the timed exclusive head? They know collectors are hip to their game. That statue won't be in collectors hands for at least 18 months heck Q1 2022 sounds more like it. Collectors are getting really tired of that and having their money tied up in NRD's (and loosing those NRD's). That turned into a rant real quick. Sorry for that.
100% agree on all of it.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 03:17 PM   #59
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterJ View Post
That's Jan -May 2021
Yeah I saw that it was 2021, I think it's funny how they have a 5 month time period of arrival time. They're becoming the plumbers of the statue companies.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2020, 06:25 PM   #60
Sonic Boom
The Green Hornet

This PO took a while, but probably a good thing. P1 has a lot less "coming soon" stuff out now. I think they are trying to slow down and play catch up.

Quote:
Not trying to start anything but to me this sorta proves those XM 1/6th pieces are about $50 to $100 dollars "overpriced". Its all subjective but to me you're getting the same amount of statue in a larger scale. Now the argument is that the XM bases are more detailed and some are but still alot of bang for your buck in this line (by current pricing standards).
Yep, and their 1/4 Samurai stuff is over $1100 now lol.
Sonic Boom is offline   Reply With Quote