Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 09-19-2019, 07:35 PM   #41
JemBoyKen
Doh!

Chad...any chance of one day doing a large scale Titans Tower?
Like 24” or more. Would make for a cool exclusive item...or replace the $15 coupon with a different offer. If you purchase X number of Titans statues, you get the Tower as a gift.
JemBoyKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2019, 03:46 PM   #42
FJC
Midnighter

I'm waiting on pins and needles for a classic Perez Deathstroke! Can't come soon enough.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2019, 04:18 PM   #43
captoz
Nightwing

Wow! Donna turned out so nice and is my first Tweeterhead piece. I am hoping for all the 80s Titans and some of their foes.

I am also hoping that Tweeterhead does for DC what Randy Bowen did for Marvel and produces some lesser characters to go with the heavy hitters. Specifically, in terms of Titans second stringers (and below) would love to see:

Jericho
Terra
Puma with baby Wildebeest
Hawk and Dove
Phantasm
Ravager (Rose)
Kid Devil
Miss Martian
Crush
Brotherhood of Evil-great colourful and bizarre line up of baddies. Would be great to display them with the Titans
The Omega Men

Hahaha-probably zero chance of some of these, but good to dream. Especially for the Omegans. Loved their book in the 80s. Would buy em all!
captoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 04:37 AM   #44
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by captoz View Post
Wow! Donna turned out so nice and is my first Tweeterhead piece. I am hoping for all the 80s Titans and some of their foes.

I am also hoping that Tweeterhead does for DC what Randy Bowen did for Marvel and produces some lesser characters to go with the heavy hitters. Specifically, in terms of Titans second stringers (and below) would love to see:

Jericho
Terra
Hawk and Dove
Phantasm
Ravager (Rose)
Kid Devil
Miss Martian
Crush
Brotherhood of Evil-great colourful and bizarre line up of baddies. Would be great to display them with the Titans
The Omega Men

Hahaha-probably zero chance of some of these, but good to dream. Especially for the Omegans. Loved their book in the 80s. Would buy em all!
I'd say Terra has the best chance from your list and I'd be interested in seeing her, too.

It's cool someone else remembers Puma with baby Wildebeest.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 05:53 AM   #45
captoz
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexLothos View Post
I'd say Terra has the best chance from your list and I'd be interested in seeing her, too.

It's cool someone else remembers Puma with baby Wildebeest.
hahahaha - we are probably the only 2! I did like that titans Hunt storyline. It reinvigorated the series for a while after a long period where I felt it lost its way.
Old 09-29-2019, 10:18 AM   #46
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

You mean Pantha and baby Wildebeast

I love the Titans hunt storyline and I thought it was fantastic
I remember reading an interview with Mark Wolfman and he said he was going to leave the book but they offered him a lot more money so he stayed and developed that storyline but editors kept switching up and it seem like once the book got to issue 100 it just kind of fell flat again. Plus it had some of the most God awful artwork I’ve ever seen in my life in a comic book. Tom Grummet had left the book and his replacement just was not suited for a superhero title
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 10:22 AM   #47
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

Quote:

Jericho
Terra
Hawk and Dove
Phantasm
Ravager (Rose)
Kid Devil
Miss Martian
Crush
The Omega Men

I definitely could see Chad getting to Terra, Jericho and possibly Hawk and Dove. I did get Donna Troy and I will get some of the other Titans but some I’m still not sure of I think I would have to see the final product. I I guess I just don’t feel the need to be a completist anymore to have the entire group in my collection
mmk123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2019, 01:59 PM   #48
AlexLothos
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
hahahaha - we are probably the only 2! I did like that titans Hunt storyline. It reinvigorated the series for a while after a long period where I felt it lost its way.
That was a fun story line! With all the highs and lows, still had some great times with the characters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
You mean Pantha and baby Wildebeast
D'oh! Mis-remembering strikes again. For a moment I thought "Pantha," but that made me recall the Mark Tex character.

Gotta love comics and similar/shared names!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post

I love the Titans hunt storyline and I thought it was fantastic
I remember reading an interview with Mark Wolfman and he said he was going to leave the book but they offered him a lot more money so he stayed and developed that storyline but editors kept switching up and it seem like once the book got to issue 100 it just kind of fell flat again. Plus it had some of the most God awful artwork I’ve ever seen in my life in a comic book. Tom Grummet had left the book and his replacement just was not suited for a superhero title
Oy, I didn't know any of that, but I'm not surprised. The behind-the-scenes business of comics can be rough.
AlexLothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2019, 05:32 AM   #49
captoz
Nightwing

Yes, it was Pantha! hahaha - I think I started the Puma thing.

Yeah, it did go downhill after the Titans Hunt and I think I remember the artist after Grummet, although I am not sure why. It was a real shame that they couldn't keep up the quality.
Old 06-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #50
SludgesicleMan
Mephisto

With Starfire out and looking phenomenal its time to update the list of what Titans we will probably end up getting from the Tweeterhead's Superpowers line.

If we want this line to continue we need to get our voices heard! TITANS TOGETHER!

Titans
1. Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
2. Robin(Dick Grayson)
3. Starfire
4. Raven
5. Nightwing (Perez)
6. Cyborg
7. Beast Boy
8. Kid Flash

Hopeful but doubtful
9. Speedy
10. Aqualad
11. Robin (Damian could be ex. with hood and sword)
12. Bumblebee
13. Jericho

Doubtful
14. Ravager (Rose Wilson)
15. Miss Martian
16. Superboy (Conner Kent)
17. Impulse
18. Wonder Girl (Cassie Sansmark)
19. Aquagirl (Tula)

Foes
1. Deathstroke
2. Blackfire (update-pretty much confirmed)

Hopeful but doubful
3. Terra
4. Trigon (Large scale)
5. Cheshire
6. Dr. Light
Doubtful
7. Brother Blood
8. Monsieur Mallah and the Brain
SludgesicleMan is offline   Reply With Quote