Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-11-2019, 05:53 PM   #71
Mister H
Green Goblin

“Scary” movies these days are also some of the worst movies these days. Someone already mentioned that something scary you see as a younger person will more often than not stay with you longer. Blair Witch was creepy I guess, but not scary. Hopefully someone comes along with something new soon. As far as jumpy movies go, 28 Days Later and Zac Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead we’re pretty decent. Not really scary though.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 07:00 PM   #72
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
“Scary” movies these days are also some of the worst movies these days. Someone already mentioned that something scary you see as a younger person will more often than not stay with you longer. Blair Witch was creepy I guess, but not scary. Hopefully someone comes along with something new soon. As far as jumpy movies go, 28 Days Later and Zac Snyder’s Dawn of the Dead we’re pretty decent. Not really scary though.
That is why I went back to Hellraiser II, as a kid that was horrifing for me, then again I was only 11. I haven't found a film since that has scared me in that way.

The insidious/paranormal activity/conjurings of today are mostly retreading what I've already seen, so it can't scare me twice.

As for something new...I don't know how much more there is in the horror genre. There's so many films in the genre that it's nearly impossible to think of something no one has done.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 08:15 PM   #73
Mister H
Green Goblin

Hellraiser definitely had a sense of impending doom, the whole eternal torture thing. Pinhead was scarier than Freddy or Jason by a long shot.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote