Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 04-24-2016, 10:27 PM   #1531
Demona
Martian Manhunter

And I'm sucked right back in!

The highlights for me were the Sand Snakes and Sansa/Brienne. I got choked up when Brienne knelt and she and Sansa said the oath.

I used to dislike Sansa, but now she is who I care about the most.
Demona is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #1532
MrYac
Hercules

you just described pretty much everything I disliked about he episode. this season has gotten off to a disgustingly "girl power" start which I have sadly come to expect from a show that I once loved
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:22 AM   #1533
built2shred
Phoenix

Umm, does it really matter the sex of the main characters? As long as the story is good that's all I care about and the 1st episode was outstanding IMO...

Given woman are in the army and some are even fighting on the front lines, I say they deserve to have some "" Girl Power "" here and there in television.... Even in History there were female rulers...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 03:59 AM   #1534
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrYac View Post
you just described pretty much everything I disliked about he episode. this season has gotten off to a disgustingly "girl power" start which I have sadly come to expect from a show that I once loved
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:07 AM   #1535
johnclone
The Enchantress

Dear HBO,

Now that we know what Melisandre's true form is I have one favor to ask of you. Please don't ever show it to us again, OK?

Thanks.

Signed,
Everyone who watched

some youtube comments

The night is dark and full of wrinkles

fap aborted fap aborted

Gollum

At first I thought she might have transformed herself into an old looking woman in order to escape the Watch without being detected. However, when she kept looking in the mirror then she went into her bed is when I knew what was really going on. Needless to say, I have been scarred for life. Thank you, HBO.
johnclone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 08:11 AM   #1536
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:
But all of those women have always been strong -- except Sansa. Brienne has always been a knight and I was touched because she finally found Sansa and could protect her as she promised Catelyn.

And the Sand Snakes were always furious with the handling of Oberyn and Elia's deaths. So them murdering the royal line of men isn't shocking.

Nothing seemed out of character or "girl power" to me. Just two small parts of an episode crammed with quick lead-ins to a (hopefully) strong Season 6.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Dear HBO,

Now that we know what Melisandre's true form is I have one favor to ask of you. Please don't ever show it to us again, OK?

Thanks.

Signed,
Everyone who watched

some youtube comments

fap aborted fap aborted

Gollum

At first I thought she might have transformed herself into an old looking woman in order to escape the Watch without being detected. However, when she kept looking in the mirror then she went into her bed is when I knew what was really going on. Needless to say, I have been scarred for life. Thank you, HBO.
I wondered how many men freaked out during that scene. I was cracking up at the thought.
Old 04-25-2016, 10:05 AM   #1537
MrYac
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Umm, does it really matter the sex of the main characters? As long as the story is good that's all I care about and the 1st episode was outstanding IMO...
I fully agree, problem is the once great show has been far from outstanding since last season when surprise surprise the writers had to go off book and start pulling their own stories out, and I'm sadly beginning to feel they just aren't as good when they are left to their own devices as they were when on a tighter creative leash.

It's still a good show, but there has been a serious decline in quality for me and it looks like Silicon Valley will be the show I look forward to seeing the most on Sunday nights for another season.
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:19 AM   #1538
carlito1978
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I fully agree, problem is the once great show has been far from outstanding since last season when surprise surprise the writers had to go off book and start pulling their own stories out, and I'm sadly beginning to feel they just aren't as good when they are left to their own devices as they were when on a tighter creative leash.

It's still a good show, but there has been a serious decline in quality for me and it looks like Silicon Valley will be the show I look forward to seeing the most on Sunday nights for another season.
but its just episode 1 you can't determine the quality of the entire season by the first episode imo.

I thought it was a bit of a weird episode, but that's usually how the seasons usually start up.

as for the 'girl power' - that's one of the reasons I enjoy the show. nice to see strong women in a good show.
carlito1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 11:18 AM   #1539
Demona
Martian Manhunter

Quote:

The decline in quality that you speak of is not because of the lack of a "tighter creative leash". If anything, that was a hold-over from the source material available. Guess what, the books declined in quality too between 3 and 5 and HBO managed to salvage what they could from some VERY longwinded writing. If you think the murdering of Jon Snow, his battle with the White Walkers, and Cersei's walk of shame are "declining" then I'm not sure what else could have been done better.

I think the show is going to do wonders for a lot of characters that are boring as hell in the books when we last saw them. Prime example is Bran. Bran is a BORE to read, yet I think the show is going to make him amazing. Or at least make me care.
Old 04-25-2016, 11:49 AM   #1540
Y3E
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnclone View Post
Dear HBO,

Thanks.

Signed,
Everyone who watched

some youtube comments

fap aborted fap aborted

Gollum

Haha, yeah funny. But it wasn't that bad. The worse I've seen was from one of the female legendary wrestlers (late 90s) , forget her name, but she pulled down her top and we saw her tether ball breast. That! was bad

First episode was ok. I did like Sansa/Brienne scene but not much else. I guess I was expecting a resolution to Jon's storyline.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote