Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > CoolProps / Imaginarium

Old 03-23-2018, 05:52 PM   #251
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Lol nice Manu. E2046 is a great site to get GK’s. The kits are quality and packaged nicely.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2018, 06:01 PM   #252
Manu81
The Spirit

absolutely!! Once I have my collection displayed, I will show you by the moment, everything is packed waiting for our new appartment (also the vitrine..it is designed but still not build) can’t wait for...EVERYTHING!! I was waiting for the appartment to be build since 2015..I had time to buy some pieces and sell them without taking them out of the box (like the lsb bug chap!)lol. These from coolprops are the ones to keep. I designed the vitrine according to them..
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 12:25 PM   #253
Python
Omega Red

Masa, that's a real classy set up... You're giving me ambitions above my station!
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2018, 02:27 PM   #254
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Masa, that's a real classy set up... You're giving me ambitions above my station!
Thank you very much Python
Old 03-24-2018, 08:32 PM   #255
FROBAY
Phoenix

Just got mine scratched up dome. Very disappointed with the paint job. Pretty horrible in my opinion. I wanted to love this but the black paint job On this is just tacky. Looks like they shot it with a spray paint can. I'm returning. 1000.00 dollar Bust at best.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 03:45 AM   #256
Python
Omega Red

Ouch! Sad to hear you found it tacky looking for this kind of money. It's a hard enough price point to justify if this had been perfectly produced and painted.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 05:18 AM   #257
Manu81
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post

Just got mine scratched up dome. Very disappointed with the paint job. Pretty horrible in my opinion. I wanted to love this but the black paint job On this is just tacky. Looks like they shot it with a spray paint can. I'm returning. 1000.00 dollar Bust at best.
I’m sorry to see that you received a sractched one Frobay, bur seriously a 1000$ bust at best?

I am so sorry for you because I know what do you feel when you open the box after months waiting and you find this...

Also I won’t justify this prize that I find insane too but looking at prizes of new figures nowadays makes me disagree on your opinion and think that you are influenced from what you found inside the box: a damaged piece.

A few months ago I received a piece from chronicles, scractched and bad painted, it was not just like they shot it with a spray paint can...you could see dots and marks from a brush! And the most important thing...Scratches on it and very different from the proto shown...I paid aprox 700€! And it wasn’t a 1:1...I returned this of course...(I gave it a chance first, my local seller has a second unopened box and I ask for a replacement (I would love to keep that piece), we oponed together and it has a broke tooth! Inacceptable!).

This is one case but how much does it cost the lsb wolf predator from sideshow? How was the paintjob compared from the proto?

I agree with you that these things are overprized and new pieces are becoming more and more expensive. Quality doen’t increase the same. How much costed the warrior bust from sideshow when it first appeared? No more pieces like this, with that paintjob or that quality at that prize...

This bust from coolprops is pretty the same as the proto. We all know about that black paintjob before buying it. In that point I think we can’t say that coolprops has downgraded this piece. Also it has a beautiful chomed teeth (I still have nightmares with the lsb big chap ones from ss), it has a perfect sculpt, perfect size...this bust would cost 1200-1300 usd without giger’s license of course but because of this license they increased the prize 300-400$...

What we can’t accept is that they send damaged pieces without inspecting them before!!

Very bad coolprops because how many do you have to inspect? 500? Don’t put a damaged piece inside the box because there are too many efforts, hype and high expectations from the other side...that means, from the one who open the box! Things like this makes you dislike a beautiful piece, and lose the faith in a company. I know it because I was in the same situarion a few months ago...

Hope it is an exception and so sorry again for you frobay! Will you give it a chance at least and try to get a new one mint?
Manu81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:39 AM   #258
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Chrome teeth looks great!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 07:51 PM   #259
Pilky
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I'm very happy with how this turned out and its an awesome display piece. Personally, this bust and the maquette will be the ultimate Alien display (assuming Cp delivers the same with the maquette). CP's sculpts are always great imo. Like Ive said before, I am glad they took the simplistic approach or shall I say the Sano approach with the paint job. No doubt the factory would have F'd this up trying to replicate Giger's master paint job. Even professional artists would have great difficulty replicating his work. There is a reason why he is a Master Artist with his own museum, untouchable. With that said, this paint job may be too simplistic for others and may fall into the inaccurate category. Other than the skull, its pretty much black. No blending of browns/ochres etc. The beautiful blending and gradual tones of Giger is no where to be found and understandably so lol. Perhaps, a lack of detail painting might be the best way to say, that some may not like this. On the ridged areas of the skull it may be too neat/uniformed and heavy black. Perhaps, a more subtle usage of black may have been better. Gradually getting into the black or vice versa tailing off. It may have made this even more impressive, but I personally have no problem with how it is. I do think if this came out like the person who painted the proto, there would be no doubt that everyone would have "grailed" it, too bad. With the dome, I personally like that its more clear so I can see all the goodies. Its actually not as clear as it looks in person as the photos suggest. But there are many who would have preferred more of the fogged up dome, which is fair.

I definitely recommend to have this in your Alien collection.Yes, its damn expensive, but worth it imo. I think its beautiful, even with its simplistic approach. It looks F'ING KILLER displayed.
Is that a Pax holding the busts?
Pilky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2018, 09:27 PM   #260
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post

That SUCKS man! Hopefully everything works out for you.
I bet you had the QC passed sticker on the box. Clearly, that was scratched before shipping. Why would they send that to someone is beyond me. Obviously it's just going to get sent back. Annoying.

I think this is a love or hate piece and it's fair how people will critique this one way or the other. 1800 is too expensive for a primarily black paint job. I personally like the rubber black/matte black they used. Just like the black Sanos. I mean, anyone can just paint it black though right lol. Perfectly understandable and fair for collectors to be displeased with this paint job. Nothing special at 1800. One shade of black certainly would not cost a lot and take time to paint. It literally would cost maybe 40-50 bux of Tamiya lol. This is definitely not worth the price tag and perhaps outrageous in that sense.

But for me, I'm a big fan of Alien and especially Bigchap and I love the simplicity of it(just like I love my Sanos) and am okay with overpaying. If I wasn't as big of a fan, I'm sure I wouldn't overpay. Fortunately for CP is that there the only ones doing lifesize stuff, Giger stuff, and fulfilling the Zenomorph line. That's why they get my money. At the same time, if Prime 1 did this of course it would be much better. I'm sure I would bag on this a lot more, hypocritical of me of course lol. But I've always wanted a wall displayed of alien heads like the predators had the wall of skulls they hunted in P2. So I suppose I'm more lenient towards CP since I'm being fulfilled this. But I love this guy and the presence of it displayed is F'n awesome. No lie. I'm a sucker for the big guy. But what you see in the pics is definitely what you get with this piece.

Ps. I'm definitely leary about the paint job on the maquette. But I'm also ready to paint it black and give it dimension if they fail with the blending. I want that exact biga$$ Alien in my collection even if I have to do that when I shouldnt have to. There aren't other options.