Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 07-21-2019, 06:22 PM   #21
chrismhk
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow17motion View Post
Also, I don't really like the thing where Chad went, "It's the same price as the regular, so it's free." It's a very dismissive thing to say, because, in the end--it isn't exactly FREE, is it? Tweeterhead charges the same on their website, but keeps more of the profit. And though I don't have to pay more, I have to endure their terrible customer service, as opposed to Sideshow, who has (comparably) really good customer service.
Ex is definitely NOT free. Especially for people who do not live in the US. Sideshow offers $25 discount coupons per order for international customers (which I always have leftovers), cheaper shipping, gives out rewards I can use on more range of products, easy to use website and more responsive customer service. By ordering from TH, I am paying +30$ more while having to put up with (probably) unintentional but very slow customer service. For me, there are extra monetary and non-monetary costs from ordering from Tweeterhead to get the EX.
chrismhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #22
built2shred
Phoenix

At one time I think we were suppose to get a coupon discount in each statue box we ordered directly from TH, that never seemed to happen.

I've received 5 ex's directly from TH so far and have never saw any of these coupons they talked about, unless I'm not remembering right.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #23
Sjb
Justice League

Add me to the list of people who ordered Batman, robin and batgirl to display on one base. I also have several xm 1/6th scales on order. Based on how this is shaking out, I will probably be moving on from Tweeterhead and just going with xm.
Sjb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:28 PM   #24
cjacobs83
Justice League

If I purchased these statues from bigbadtoystore, shipping would be $4 vs 40. Getting the additional base isn’t free.

I watch his videos every month and the base always comes up for robin. He’s actually contradicted himself many times. First, it was a new single base for all 3 statues. Second, it was going to be a base for just robin to match Batman’s gothic theme. Third, he wasn’t sure what the base was going forward so he was going to have Debbie put it to a vote on Facebook with different opinions. Fourth, the base was done and he was going to show it but broke right before the live show. Fifth, now it’s a piece connecting just Batman and robins base. Last but not least, we were told it be shown at sdcc (never happened). I don’t think at this point he has any idea what the Exclusive will be. Seems a bit odd.
cjacobs83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2019, 10:49 PM   #25
destrox76
Frackin!

I myself am a little disappointed about the robin base. (I think we'll still get it) I ordered robin because of the base. now it changed from all three to batman and robin. Im not really a stickler about time lines (delays happen) but I am not pleased about something being changed after I preorder it. to be honest since it did change after the preorder we should have the ability to cancel without "restocking fee" without being penalized.
destrox76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 12:54 AM   #26
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by destrox76 View Post
I myself am a little disappointed about the robin base. (I think we'll still get it) I ordered robin because of the base. now it changed from all three to batman and robin. Im not really a stickler about time lines (delays happen) but I am not pleased about something being changed after I preorder it. to be honest since it did change after the preorder we should have the ability to cancel without "restocking fee" without being penalized.
I'd hope that'd be a given.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:22 PM   #27
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismhk View Post
Ex is definitely NOT free. Especially for people who do not live in the US. Sideshow offers $25 discount coupons per order for international customers (which I always have leftovers), cheaper shipping, gives out rewards I can use on more range of products, easy to use website and more responsive customer service. By ordering from TH, I am paying +30$ more while having to put up with (probably) unintentional but very slow customer service. For me, there are extra monetary and non-monetary costs from ordering from Tweeterhead to get the EX.
Very well put.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 03:25 PM   #28
slow17motion
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjacobs83 View Post
If I purchased these statues from bigbadtoystore, shipping would be $4 vs 40. Getting the additional base isn’t free.

I watch his videos every month and the base always comes up for robin. He’s actually contradicted himself many times. First, it was a new single base for all 3 statues. Second, it was going to be a base for just robin to match Batman’s gothic theme. Third, he wasn’t sure what the base was going forward so he was going to have Debbie put it to a vote on Facebook with different opinions. Fourth, the base was done and he was going to show it but broke right before the live show. Fifth, now it’s a piece connecting just Batman and robins base. Last but not least, we were told it be shown at sdcc (never happened). I don’t think at this point he has any idea what the Exclusive will be. Seems a bit odd.
This is a FANTASTIC summary of events. This actually really makes me angry. It's not so much that he doesn't seem to have a clue (though that is troubling), it's the constant promises and backtracks. Now, at the end of the day, we're really not getting a base. We're getting a connecting piece. If the statue doesn't fit into it or rest on it in some way, it's not a base. Otherwise, it's an accessory, which is not what people were expecting at all.
slow17motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 12:29 AM   #29
BrandonJF
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexT View Post
I get the frustration but if Chad gets few people to handle CS prices will go up and everyone gonna ----- about that. Robin’s EX will be shown, Superman is being redone (what other company re did the whole run before?). With most companies lead times of 12-18 months I don’t see how TH is being any worse than others.
These kind of posts are pretty indicative of what I feel is the general vibe of this forum - "you HAVE to be patient. Everything will be taken care of.... eventually. Other statue companies are just as bad!"

Is that the bar? Chad shouldn't want it to be.

I feel like I need to say I am rooting for Chad. He seems like a great guy, and his FB videos have probably helped with my faith in the company.

But, any complaints can't really be seen as out of line. The handling of this exclusive base IS not good. I bet Chad wouldn't disagree. I think the problem is that even when the problem is recognized, it will probably still happen again. This is really the second free base incentive snafu (out of two). I was sold on Bud and Lou after learning of the free riser incentive if I bought Bud and Lou/Harley/Joker. So, I got 'em all. Then everyone got a riser. Are there excuses for why that happened. Of course.

And, really, the cheerleading over the Superman re-do has been a bit much. What company has re-done an entire run before? I don't know. What company has needed to re-do an entire run before? I can't recall of a defect that impacted an entire run like this one. If there was? Well, that's bad, too. If another company had an issue like this and didn't fix it, then they are the worst. So... hooray? TH is better than the worst? I would hope the factory took part (or all) of the hit. This forum is very generous for being overly grateful for fixing mistakes that caused a lengthy delay in getting what was actually ordered. The Superman re-do is not really the "win" so many make it out to be...

The lead times of 12-18 months don't make them worse - but, maybe start getting people to expect 18 month lead times. That may get rid of some of the higher expectations that just can't be met and just fan the flames of irate customers. Build in time for these issues that keep coming up. If it were me, I'd rather ship early than late.

The Shazam statue was put up for PO in JUNE. You know what the estimated ship date is on the product listing? 2nd Quarter 2019. Come on. Sure, I know not to believe that for a second and assume he intended that to say 2020. But, Chad has some customer outrage coming his way for those who take that info seriously. He would've had to start shipping right after it went up for PO to meet the date that is on the page as I'm typing this.

The Dark Knight statue? Up for PO at the end of May 2019. Due? "4rd" (that's right - "4rd") quarter 2019. Seriously? Ok, better than the lead time on the Shazam statue. But, still, Chad is giving himself 7 months from PO to delivery? I could've swore he said himself that his goal was to have a year between PO and delivery. Yet, here is another case of probably over promising something that we know is likely not going to happen. I am not sure why, unless a factory told Chad they can make that happen and he believes them. I don't think it has even come close to happening yet with this line, but ok.... Again, these dates don't impact me because I believe none of them. But, geeze... he's just begging for customer service issues.
BrandonJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 01:20 AM   #30
mmk123
3 kinds of people: those who can count & those who can't.

I did not order Robin so the base is not an issue with me but I can understand everyone's issue with this. (My issue is still no response to the email I sent to Tweeterhead weeks ago about an address change.) I do feel that it will be made right but I do wonder if sometimes if some of these extra's are just a little too much. Is a combined base for Batman, Robin and Batgirl necessary? It is nice but not all statues need to have switch out's. How many people actually switch out the pieces on their statues. Maybe people do switch them out but I know I had the Bowen Thor Switch O Head statue (or whatever it was called) and other than trying on both heads on the statue, I never switched them out and the bearded head stayed in the box until I sold the statue. I wonder if the Wonder Woman statue did not have the switch out bodice would there have even been a seem issue with her (that would make me not want to get the statue because I would be afraid I would get one with a bad seam fit).
mmk123 is online now   Reply With Quote