Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 01-23-2019, 07:40 PM   #1321
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyQuinn View Post
The goggles and lasers on the eyes really help tone down the bug eyed effect a lot of Bombshells seem to have. As long as they don't get rid of half the base like they did with Wonder Woman (which i still got) Ill pick this up for sure
The large eyes were from before Tim Miller's switch to digital sculpting. He's sculpting eyes that are actually proportional to the heads now.

Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:51 PM   #1322
Mister H
Gen 13

Are the lazer effects in the new Supergirl’s eyes removable?
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:56 PM   #1323
batmaster
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothamite View Post
Not likely, this line sells quite well. I hope that DC starts using more separate pieces that are attached with magnets by the customer, though. I hate how several statues are easily broken due to fragile or glued parts.
Well this new statue is comming out in November. So the year is already full. And what do we get this year? One new: Big Barda. 3 repaints and one new statue of already used characters. Last year we got: Starfire, Green Lantern, Jokers' Daughter and Batman. And we got only one reuse: Wonder Woman on a tank.

And yeah, a lot of these statues I can buy now for 35 euro's. A lot of them are on sale. So thats why I'm thinking this. With Aquaman, they even didn't release the whole 5000 batch.
batmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:15 PM   #1324
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post
Well this new statue is comming out in November. So the year is already full. And what do we get this year? One new: Big Barda. 3 repaints and one new statue of already used characters. Last year we got: Starfire, Green Lantern, Jokers' Daughter and Batman. And we got only one reuse: Wonder Woman on a tank.

And yeah, a lot of these statues I can buy now for 35 euro's. A lot of them are on sale. So thats why I'm thinking this. With Aquaman, they even didn't release the whole 5000 batch.
Big Barda is a huge one to me so I'm content.

My hopes for 2020 would be Mary Marvel and Huntress. I think there is a decent chance of them happening.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #1325
vudoo1979
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I am excited for Big Barda as well! And I would love to get my hands on an AQUAMAN. I know this year is full up. Maybe we will have one surprise. Here is hoping. Lol.

But I would love for there to be a Huntress, Ravenger. There are plenty they can do. I would love a stand alone Joker in a zoot suit. The Sinestro would be cool. Bring on the gents to go with the bombshells.

Hell. Let’s get a better Mera and Aquaman duo statue.
vudoo1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 01:39 PM   #1326
Augen
Metal Men

If I can get greedy I want a Power Girl stand alone statue.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 02:27 PM   #1327
vudoo1979

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
If I can get greedy I want a Power Girl stand alone statue.
Me too me too.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:23 PM   #1328
Gothamite
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by batmaster View Post

Well, two of the re-paints are of statues with widely-reported QC problems, and Poison Ivy's vines were notoriously fragile, too. I know it's not ideal, but DC is basically using re-paints as a way of "making up" for bad first editions.

There are way too many characters that haven't been represented in this line yet. Re-paints are a way for newbies to catch up and for long time collectors to take a break while waiting for the next completely new sculpt.
Gothamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 07:53 PM   #1329
vudoo1979

I just received the catwoman and Batman statue. Absolutely beautiful. The detail is amazing!!
Old 01-25-2019, 11:43 AM   #1330
vudoo1979

Does anyone have pictures of Jokers daughter