Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-23-2019, 07:54 PM   #91
demonhunter
Kingpin

No, I don't think they jumped the shark with 1/6. In fact, with the 1/6 Wonder Woman and JL series, I'm brought back in. I wasn't very keen on their regular and very huge statues.
demonhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:19 PM   #92
built2shred
Phoenix

After Paying $360 for shipping on XM 1:4 Darth Maul, these smaller 1:6 statues are looking better all the time..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 08:34 PM   #93
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
After Paying $360 for shipping on XM 1:4 Darth Maul, these smaller 1:6 statues are looking better all the time..
Whoa! $360 for shipping alone. That’s more than an EX Tweeterhead statue.

I was eyeing Juggy but saw the candy colored red paint app and am now having second thoughts. It’s already up on preorder. Wish there was a way to know for sure what the final color will be. Lolol
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:31 PM   #94
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
Whoa! $360 for shipping alone. That’s more than an EX Tweeterhead statue.

I was eyeing Juggy but saw the candy colored red paint app and am now having second thoughts. It’s already up on preorder. Wish there was a way to know for sure what the final color will be. Lolol
Juggernaut paint app was addressed and there is an updated picture where they showed it being repainted. I don't recall where I saw it but I believe it's somewhere on these boards.

The official pre-order window hasn't even opened yet. If the paint is your only hang up then you are probably going to end up buying Juggernaut. I personally don't think it's going to be worth it unless XM gets a worldwide license.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 09:35 PM   #95
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

These are not cheap for small scale . I’m not paying 500 plus for 1/6. I know they will be beautiful the only way for me to get into a new 1/6 line is to sell my old Bowen’s which isn’t happening.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:10 PM   #96
Mister H
Gen 13

I wish they would hurry up and reveal GL and Bats. Those are the only two I’ll be getting.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 10:34 PM   #97
senseimaki
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
I wish they would hurry up and reveal GL and Bats. Those are the only two I’ll be getting.
I think that Aquaman statue is dope. Am not even really a fan of that character but went ahead and PO’d it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
These are not cheap for small scale . I’m not paying 500 plus for 1/6. I know they will be beautiful the only way for me to get into a new 1/6 line is to sell my old Bowen’s which isn’t happening.
I wish I had the fortune of getting into statue collecting whenever Bowens was still in the biz. You have to admit though that the 1/6 scale statues coming out from the different companies are grander in scale, most with the non-classic museum poses and large intricate bases.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Pizza View Post
Juggernaut paint app was addressed and there is an updated picture where they showed it being repainted. I don't recall where I saw it but I believe it's somewhere on these boards.

The official pre-order window hasn't even opened yet. If the paint is your only hang up then you are probably going to end up buying Juggernaut. I personally don't think it's going to be worth it unless XM gets a worldwide license.
I scoured these boards and don’t think I came across that updated pic. But you’re right, the official preorder window ain’t up yet. Nonetheless, specfictionshop has it listed as 959 and the shipping is less than 100, I guess, because of the more manageable scale.
senseimaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:57 AM   #98
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by senseimaki View Post
I scoured these boards and don’t think I came across that updated pic. But you’re right, the official preorder window ain’t up yet. Nonetheless, specfictionshop has it listed as 959 and the shipping is less than 100, I guess, because of the more manageable scale.
The images are here but I guess they aren't really from an update.
http://www.statueforum.com/showpost....&postcount=106

The user on sideshow freaks that posted the original pictures made it sound like these were sent to him before Juggernaut was displayed, not after, so the statue might not look like that. Anyway I do know that XM has said the color on the helmet will be changed, but no official pics have been released.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:07 PM   #99
Mepaphoros
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I think 1:6 is the sweet spot. Big enough to have nice detail, but not so big that I have to devote a whole room to housing them. I still put the 1:6 Koto Danger Room line and Bowen's 1:6 X-men above most other offerings even though they're smaller. I'm excited for the XM 1:6 DC line as well.

All that said, I do have the massive Hulk Transformation on pre-order.
Mepaphoros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 12:22 PM   #100
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't have any Bowen statues other than the OG Storm on Cloud (black suit, not the ugly white suit). I didn't have the funds to buy statues back in the day like that. So if any lovely fellow forum members want to part with Storm on X base, please let me know!

And even the one Bowen I do own, I treasure. And the ones I don't own I think look amazing. Such love of the characters in Bowen's work.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote