Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 01-22-2019, 08:04 PM   #101
Mister H
Green Goblin

Ah, that Cap probably would have been great. Bummer, I guess I’ll keep waiting.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2019, 08:07 PM   #102
Phoenixblazes
Hawkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafadcariad View Post
I actually enjoy the "Sideshow Spin" with characters that are done often...such as Spidey, Wolvie, Hulk and Batman. I do have a problem with SS deciding to go full out with their own style with pieces like Lion-O. That's a flagship piece of a niche line (where the creation of future pieces can depend on the success of those very pieces). It just seems asinine to me to take so many liberties with a piece that has yet to have a classic version produced by SS. In my humble opinion, in situations like that I don't believe it's hyperbole to say that SS is inadvertently sabotaging the very success of those lines with poor decisions like that.
I just couldn't get past the designs for the new Batman and Captain America premium formats. They have a lot of good detail, but they just weren't my cup of tea.

But as you said, I like many others have said pieces in our collections already. I've got like 9 Batman's (mostly movie based) and 4 Captain America's (again mostly movie based).
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 12:35 AM   #103
craigcliff1
The Masters of Evil

So many rules that they have with licenses and who knows what goes on. Remember about 5 years or so ago SSC had license for ASM2 and not one product got made. Also with Hobbit. Did SSC pay for the licenses and not use them, did the owners set some kind of rules. 2007 F4F had TF, Joes license, they must have pay a lot for it and made just two pieces, the couldn't get enough store to carry them. What a waste of money. P1 has many license it's had for years and hasn't made one piece, yet I would think have to for each year.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote