Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 09-23-2018, 12:37 PM   #61
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I never knew that I had to have a Cyborg Superman in 1:3 scale.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 08:11 PM   #62
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commander0Zero View Post
I never knew that I had to have a Cyborg Superman in 1:3 scale.
Surprise!
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2018, 10:06 PM   #63
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalzodlives View Post
Definite buy. As a DC collector, Prime is making me refocus my collection to 1/3. What's crazy is that I'm not even mad about it. They're producing the characters I want beyond the Trinity and making their statues the definitive versions of those characters.
same here..... I tried to avoid it for so long until Harley and supergirl showed up. They are done so good I would rather have one definite version than several pf's and try to convince myself they are better for space, sculpted.. etc.. no way.. lol p1 is superior. Just look at supergirl and Harley. They scream presence, beauty, details, switch outs, which is 1:4 just can't match even with the best sculptors. The scale in 1:3 just allows so much more possibilities that 1;4 cannot do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mva5580 View Post
It’s obviously peoples decisions and their money or whatever but seriously P1 1/3 statues are the best thing on the market right now. They make amazing stuff and they listen to their customers. And 1/3 is not as difficult to find room for as people make it out to be.

How I would love for P1 to get the Marvel license. I’d get rid of all my Sideshow stuff. I understand it’s probably easier for me than it is for others though because I’m not into having tons and tons of characters. I’m only ever gonna have like 15 statues tops.
Yes if I display 60-70 pf's it's the same thing. I will fight for space I don't have. Now I can buy less because I don't need one of each character anymore. Less stress and buy less. Also space will return for 1:3. If I buy 2-3 pf's it's the same space as one 1:3. There's so much more stress trying to get one of each character than buying less making room for the occasional 1:3 and a few 1:4. I will refocus my collection now. Times are changing and having it all is not worth the stress.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 09:33 PM   #64
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Damn he looks amazing!
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 05:49 PM   #65
looch
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Wish this was the Dan Jurgens original
Design of the character. That is one of my #1 wishes for a piece.

Having said that it looks good, interested to see what other switch outs are planned? Hand cannon? Switch out head? Light up eye?
looch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2018, 10:10 PM   #66
Dubya
Frackin!

This piece looks great. I wish he had red undies, but other than that I'm excited for it. I hope it will have more switch outs.
Dubya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:17 AM   #67
Snnnikt
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
same here..... I tried to avoid it for so long until Harley and supergirl showed up. They are done so good I would rather have one definite version than several pf's and try to convince myself they are better for space, sculpted.. etc.. no way.. lol p1 is superior. Just look at supergirl and Harley. They scream presence, beauty, details, switch outs, which is 1:4 just can't match even with the best sculptors. The scale in 1:3 just allows so much more possibilities that 1;4 cannot do.
I'm with you guys now...selling off my 1/4th collection and now focusing on 1/3rd. The thing that makes it easy is not only does it give me the version of the characters I want but I'm paying around $700, more or less on a quarter scale when 1/3rd is only a couple hundred more for a bigger, better piece imo.
Snnnikt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:35 AM   #68
MegatronG1
The X-Men

Heh, I've heard this conversation before, about selling off 1/4 to go exclusively 1/3. It's easy to say, but very few follow through on it. 1/3 is a significant magnitude larger and heavier than 1/4 that most people find themselves unprepared for. I know I was. They're mini fridge boxes in volume and weight. Shipping costs kill resale.

If CBG is really a grocery store bagger as he says, he's lying out of his teeth if he's able to sustain 1/10 the amount of the buying he talks up.

I only consider 1/3 if it's the best version of a character available. But I can't let producers upsell me. My house isn't getting any bigger.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:39 AM   #69
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Heh, I've heard this conversation before, about selling off 1/4 to go exclusively 1/3. It's easy to say, but very few follow through on it. 1/3 is a significant magnitude larger and heavier than 1/4 that most people find themselves unprepared for. I know I was. They're mini fridge boxes in volume and weight. Shipping costs kill resale.

If CBG is really a grocery store bagger as he says, he's lying out of his teeth if he's able to sustain 1/10 the amount of the buying he talks up.

I only consider 1/3 if it's the best version of a character available.
He's the biggest troll on both of the forums.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2018, 11:43 AM   #70
mva5580
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I'm not solely 1/3, but I'm not far off.

I guess the thing for me is I don't have tons of statues, I only buy of characters that I REALLY want. So it's not a big deal for me to have 7 1/3 statues because I only have like 13 total.
mva5580 is offline   Reply With Quote