Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 02-22-2014, 11:34 AM   #501
kaza5555
New Republic

“They’re still going to go see it anyway.”[/QUOTE]

I'm sure he is a cool person from what I have seen of him, but this is very condescending and ignorant statement to a Fantastic Four fan. I will not see this movie.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:43 AM   #502
MrYac
Hercules

i'm sure he said it in a joking manner, I like his answer a hell of a lot more then the typical long winded crap that usually comes from actors mouths
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 11:58 AM   #503
risingstar
Jedi Order

As someone who grew up loving the FF, this has me scratching my head more than any other casting in comics history. While it'll likely come down to the writing, the reality is that visually, this is too far removed from what made the FF the greatest comics magazine. Sure, it might even work, but it won't be the FF.

If Marvel, Disney, and Universal (or whomever is in charge of this) are that desperate to create African American heroes, this seems like a backhanded way of doing it as it risks sending the poor message that original or new African American heroes couldn't or can't make it on their own. While I'm aware that people still believe we're a bunch of anal big bang theory types, the reality is that the Marvel brain trust appears too lazy, if not petrified, of taking a risk on a new unknown African American hero. Todd McFarlane took that "risk" a number of years ago and it turned out to be one of the best selling books for a decade.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:02 PM   #504
MrYac
Hercules

can we stop using the term "African American" as a society please, it's quite disrespectful to black folks that happen to be from say Jamaica or Trinidad or any other number of places that aren't friggin Africa
MrYac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:16 PM   #505
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

First comic book I know I won't go to the theater to see even before te trailer.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 12:28 PM   #506
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

We know that whenever you burn something it turns black, so there might be some logic behind their decision.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:27 PM   #507
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
Said Jordan:

“They’re still going to go see it anyway.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by metroid View Post
We know that whenever you burn something it turns black, so there might be some logic behind their decision.
Two super ignorant comments.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 01:29 PM   #508
metroid
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matches Malone View Post
Two super ignorant comments.
You just don't have a sense of humor.
metroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:15 PM   #509
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ParisDean View Post
This gets brought up occasionally and it doesn't make any sense. Why for the sake of diversity would Marvel reduce their number of ethnic characters by making any of them white?

My only guess is this controversy is an A-list character thing because Ultimate Nick Fury is black and Ultimate Colossus was gay and I don't remember people being that mad about those changes. Or were they?
Makes total sense. It's the principle of the thing you're missing, or just don't want to see. The point is it's okay to take white characters and remake them into black characters, but it would be flat out wrong in society's eyes to take a black character and remake them into a white character. It' s plainly a double standard. And, let me be clear. I don't want Luke Cage or any other black character that I love recast as a white character either. Just like I don't want a snively looking little wimp being cast as a big bruising Ben Grimm, or Alex O'Hern. I just want Hollywood to respect the source material.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 02:20 PM   #510
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

well said.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote