Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 11-08-2019, 08:44 AM   #171
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I Find Your Lack Of Paint Disturbing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksunn View Post
I thought this was painted... Surprised decals were used.
While I have to say mine does look good, I have put my preorders on hold of their transformers due to this as well. I question how long it will last and if any type of snag occurs or pealing up on edges eventually, how will you repair that versus touchup paint? I did order starscream and soundwave but then after getting this guy decided to think a little harder on rest. Megatron is really tempting though.

from their website: Sideshow and PCS Collectibles are proud to present the Optimus Prime “Classic” Scale Statue which features meticulously detailed paint applications to recreate the look of the animated series as it’s never been done before.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:11 PM   #172
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
While I have to say mine does look good, I have put my preorders on hold of their transformers due to this as well. I question how long it will last and if any type of snag occurs or pealing up on edges eventually, how will you repair that versus touchup paint? I did order starscream and soundwave but then after getting this guy decided to think a little harder on rest. Megatron is really tempting though.

from their website: Sideshow and PCS Collectibles are proud to present the Optimus Prime “Classic” Scale Statue which features meticulously detailed paint applications to recreate the look of the animated series as it’s never been done before.
Yup, they downright lied to us unfortunately. Because they knew it’ll work.

No one, here at least even mentioned the use of decals before me. I wouldn’t be surprised if a lot of ‘collectors’ didn’t even notice or care about it.

And I’m pretty sure if it ever does peel, it’ll flake off as soon as you touch it. Pretty much what happened when I touched the excess around the windshield part of the figure.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:37 PM   #173
KripkeAuto
Frackin!

Oof, that does sound like a potential problem. I'll probably keep my preorder for Prime, since he's so iconic. But think hard if I want to stay in for the dio. And while the IS Sentinel looks really nice, I would be pissed if we got a huge Devy covered in decals for that kind of scratch.
KripkeAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:10 PM   #174
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KripkeAuto View Post
Oof, that does sound like a potential problem. I'll probably keep my preorder for Prime, since he's so iconic. But think hard if I want to stay in for the dio. And while the IS Sentinel looks really nice, I would be pissed if we got a huge Devy covered in decals for that kind of scratch.
Not aware if IS ever doing the sticker route...in fact I think the only statues that have done that are the cartoon shading ones for the transformers from PCS. I am expecting the devy statue to do that though, looks really cool but seriously question longevity and that is a serious concern for me. Think I am going to switch to LOC jets instead due to this (already ordered starscream from pcs though). As for devy will all depend on how much IA charges....and if I have to leave my car outside to make room for him. I hope he isn't as huge as that picture Craig showed....that's just too big and will also make it too expensive thus sending me back to pcs sticker devy. I will admit they do look pretty good (my prime does) but stickers really are going to make me walk away unfortunately.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:34 PM   #175
off
The X-Men

I hate the stickers, just like cloth on statues, makes them seem cheap and toy like to me.
off is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 05:45 AM   #176
craigcliff1
Zot

I have had my Palisades Devastator statue for about 12 years and it has some decals on Scavenger and they are like new. If they do peel I am not shabby with an Airbrush
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:42 AM   #177
KripkeAuto
Frackin!

Maybe the question should be how the decals are applied. We keep calling them stickers but professional decals are often applied using techniques that make them practically lifetime and that tend to bond to the surface. Auto manufacturers and detailers come to mind. Has anyone asked PCS what process they're using on these?
KripkeAuto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:02 AM   #178
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KripkeAuto View Post
Maybe the question should be how the decals are applied. We keep calling them stickers but professional decals are often applied using techniques that make them practically lifetime and that tend to bond to the surface. Auto manufacturers and detailers come to mind. Has anyone asked PCS what process they're using on these?
Not all of us were calling them stickers, only the 3 posts just prior to yours. I believe I and others have been calling them decals since I first mentioned them on the previous page, but that’s more because they were closer to the type of decals I’ve used on some models I’ve put together.

And as I’ve already mentioned, but because of how they were applied I can already see damage on the decals on my Optimus and have experienced some flaking at the edges of the windscreen.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:24 PM   #179
dao2
Cyclops

Shame they aren't paint but FYI you all have statues with decals on them prob, everyone does eye decals these days ;p
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 04:29 PM   #180
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
Shame they aren't paint but FYI you all have statues with decals on them prob, everyone does eye decals these days ;p
As I also said, I have no problem with decals. Many of my favourite statues have decals to varying degrees. Though I’ve never had a statue where nearly every visible part of the statue is in fact a decal. But the problem here is in how ‘well’ they were applied on to the piece I received and how easy it was to damage it just by touching any area where the decal incorrectly overlapped with the underlining panel lines (empty space under the decal) or any of the excess decal around the windscreen.

And I’ve never understood the hate some have for eye decals. I actually prefer them. Heck there have been situations where people have loved the eyes until I told them they were in fact decals, and suddenly they do a 180.