Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 02-07-2018, 09:08 PM   #71
red_ant
Producer
Producer

We may stay all classic and do the green and blue versions (Van Damme homage). Didn’t get a lot of positive feedback on the SFV default “officer”. More love for the tactical, but we may pull the tactical and just do the green and blue with swap outs and lower price point for the Ultimate.
red_ant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 09:57 PM   #72
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
We may stay all classic and do the green and blue versions (Van Damme homage). Didn’t get a lot of positive feedback on the SFV default “officer”. More love for the tactical, but we may pull the tactical and just do the green and blue with swap outs and lower price point for the Ultimate.
Please listen to our feedback this tactical is just nonsense.
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 10:34 PM   #73
kansas
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Save tactical for the 1/3 evolution.
The SF4 version wasn't fanmade or has personal ties to an individualized gamer.
Plus the badass black/grey camo color just so happens to be the only one with white hair,
A great coincidental chance for a play on the aging of Guile,
assuming the suit is also included, the set would tell a complete story.
Perfect for your "evolution" marketing.

With Ultimate Akuma, you had all the iconic, instantly recognizable appearances,
With Evo sets, you had less historical looks, (2 eyed Sagat, Bearded Ryu, Dress ChunLi...)
Tactical in this scenario, would fit in like a puzzle piece.
kansas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2018, 11:41 PM   #74
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_ant View Post
From facebook?? pfft...

When designing SFV, Capcom was deliberate in deciding which characters had classic looks that could be changed (Ken, Guile, Akuma), versus those who shouldn't (Ryu, Chun-Li).

While all the classics are revered (I love the camo), I think the SFV default was very well received. That tactical is lesser quality, design-wise, as kansas pointed out. Pretty much appeals more to the CoD/wargame/fps crowd, imo.

Unless SFV default is too difficult to pull off (for whatever reason), PLEASE do it for the Ultimate. You're not going to be able to pull it off for Ultra (most likely; palette swaps are better there), and the niche tactical would better fit the Evo (easier to create all the details, pouches, backpack, etc. at 1:3), like kansas said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansas View Post
With Ultimate Akuma, you had all the iconic, instantly recognizable appearances,
Including the default SFV appearance.

Also... original Guile MM had palette swaps. Gotta up the ante here.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:19 AM   #75
Old Snake
Kindly Asked To Leave

Just sayin' but facebook and instagram comments are full of non-collectors who will never buy this stuff.
Old Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 05:28 AM   #76
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

what? The hideous CPT variant instead of the SFV default costume? Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
From facebook?? pfft...

While all the classics are revered (I love the camo), I think the SFV default was very well received.

Unless SFV default is too difficult to pull off (for whatever reason), PLEASE do it for the Ultimate.
Totally agree with you, choosing tactical over SFV default is just nonsense, unless it's deliberate to avoid Guile's complex mixed media outfit!
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:17 AM   #77
ryuhayabusa6787
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Snake View Post
Just sayin' but facebook and instagram comments are full of non-collectors who will never buy this stuff.
I agree that’s why I’m not a fan of polls. If company wants feedback on changes or potential interest in future products they all have their paying customers emails. A poll should be sent to the customers who actually pay and keep your company going. then you can also do you polls on social media gather your information but paying customers should have the slight edge on the final decision. Noone is left out because you got a consensus from everyone potential customers non customers and paying customers.

I’m sure polls aren’t only factor for PCS being in the game so long but it seems other companies it’s polls or death when they advertise.

Just my 77 cents
ryuhayabusa6787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 11:28 AM   #78
qz33
Doctor Doom

The SFV Officer Guile is a great look in game and for a statue. Not so sure Mixed Media would be a good way to do it though.
qz33 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 12:55 PM   #79
jadekite22
Kindly Asked To Leave

There are people on this thread who're boycotting PCS at the moment. That may be for reasons independent of the art direction, but it doesn't change the fact that you are also people who may never buy this stuff, just like those on Facebook. Even if all the most vocal members on the PCS SF board bought this stuff, I'd estimate that would sell 20 statues total, and that's only if you all are in unanimous agreement and aren't strapped for other preorders. I didn't vote in this poll, for the record. But just because I have no plans to add Guile to my collection right now doesn't mean I wouldn't completely change my mind if the statue turned out awesome.
jadekite22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2018, 01:48 PM   #80
Yet2k
Birdman

I'm only interested in classic Guile. The ultimate version would just be a statue with extra costs and useless parts for me.
Yet2k is offline   Reply With Quote