Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > DC

Old 09-05-2020, 08:26 PM   #1
R Dorothy
Frackin!

I just got the rarest Batman TAS statue to ever exist

So for sure this was intended for a Europe only release for Warner Brothers Stores in the 90s. From here the accounts differ. Some say they never made it to store shelves due to them deciding the pose was too "risque" while others say they weren't packaged very well, wound up at stores broken, and it was decided to just scrap them anyway because they were afraid of how people would respond to the pose.

Either way, these wound up not being available to the general public, but some were snuck out and found their way into the hands of collectors.
R Dorothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:50 PM   #2
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Congrats! That’s a really great piece to have in your collection.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 11:40 PM   #3
SDguy

I think this was on ebay for like 4K (not sure if it was this exact one). It's an awesome concept and sculpt. A complete repaint would really elevate it though. Congrats on acquiring it!
SDguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 04:02 AM   #4
Shoo
The Enchantress

Congratulations on getting such a rare piece. You might want to PM a mod to ask for your thread to be merged with this one, as that will give your acquisition more context and value.

Also, this guy posted about it on therpf.com 10 years ago and said it was a custom piece.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 06:28 AM   #5
Iacon13
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

I just went searching. There appear to be 2 sites that seem to verify that this was going to be a WBSS European Exclusive piece before the demise of the stores back in 2001 and as stated earlier in this thread a small number got out to the public. Having said that I don’t know how official the sources are.
I do have interesting info I can verify from a conversation I had back in the day which based on the source I assume was true. I was made aware by a manager at the WB store that the next Maquette that was going to be produced before the stores went under was the Kyle Rainer Green Lantern from the Superman episode In Brightest Day. He expressed his disappointment at both the store closing and that this Maquette would never be released. We did eventually get one of him from DC Direct but as everyone knows the Maquettes released by DC Direct were not the same size as the ones created for the animators to use as a reference that the WB store marketed and sold. It may explain however why we ended up getting a Green Lantern Maquette from DC Direct.

Again congrats for getting a hold of this one. Always a piece I wanted.
Iacon13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 03:37 PM   #6
JAG2045
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Congrats on the find!
JAG2045 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 03:27 AM   #7
tripletn@mac.co
Shadowhawk

I own one of these pieces. Bought it years ago on eBay. Was told it was originally going to be sold in WBSS in Europe exclusively before they closed the stores down. Most didn't make it out as apparently most were destroyed. I am curious as to how many survived.
tripletn@mac.co is offline   Reply With Quote