Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tsume / Attakus

Old 10-28-2017, 12:49 AM   #71
GenoToys
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence but rather basic logic or lack of. I don't understand why they would produce a product knowing it would not sell resulting in forcing their customers into a sale.

Let the customer purchase what they prefer. If they really wanted Goku to be part of this diorama they could have enticed customers with a discount to push for sales instead of this tactic.

Oh well, hopefully Prime 1 comes through, I doubt this would have been the case had they obtained the license.
Whatever the reason..it stinks. Cause these prices are getting ridiculous. Been tempted to wait on prime1, but if I don't like what they offer..then I miss out on this one. Wish we could see something from Prime1.
GenoToys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:26 AM   #72
ygfamily21
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

isnt it because of lit up feature on the energy ball?? i mean for extra 400 euro for destructive ver
ygfamily21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:29 AM   #73
Kal-El02
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiTMAN View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with intelligence but rather basic logic or lack of. I don't understand why they would produce a product knowing it would not sell resulting in forcing their customers into a sale.

Let the customer purchase what they prefer. If they really wanted Goku to be part of this diorama they could have enticed customers with a discount to push for sales instead of this tactic.

Oh well, hopefully Prime 1 comes through, I doubt this would have been the case had they obtained the license.
Exactly right, if you were selling these wouldn't you want to sell as many as possible instead of worrying about preferences on switch outs.

They could have had a third option, sell both variants seperate for 999 then have both for 1399.

It's a shame because it's such a great opportunity to own a fantastic piece.
Kal-El02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:04 AM   #74
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
Would've made much more sense to make the $999 with him only, and the $1399 with Goku i don't understand the pricing structure...
Then original concept for this piece was always Broly holding up Goku. The light up features and energy ball was the add on (hence collectors edition). From what I've been told, the collectors edition comes with Broly holding Goku (standard statue), a second torso for Broly holding the energy ball (with all the electronics for the LEDs) and it's possible they may include a display base for the unused torso (I really hope they do this!).
Crash421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:17 AM   #75
actionjackson83
Midnighter

$1399 euros is $1600 man...
actionjackson83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:21 PM   #76
Jayce321
Frackin!

I honestly can see the price sorta being justified but at the same time not.
It is enormous and with vegeta being half his price seeing the comparison to broly he is over double his size if not more but the thing that's making me salty is the 400 euro for the extra Ki blast ball. I would only display him mostly with the ball as it just looks so damn epic and Ive been still thinking if I should bite the bullet or not yet.
Another thing they say goku is in resin but what will happen over time with him being heavy I worry he would either bend or crack and they most likely will change him to pvc..
Jayce321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 01:16 PM   #77
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by actionjackson83 View Post
$1399 euros is $1600 man...
Oh I hear you. This is making me rearrange my planned POs and cancel a couple of others. I just believe this piece is worth it. They have a 12 month payment plan which makes it bearable at least.
Old 10-28-2017, 01:23 PM   #78
Crash421
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayce321 View Post
I honestly can see the price sorta being justified but at the same time not.
It is enormous and with vegeta being half his price seeing the comparison to broly he is over double his size if not more but the thing that's making me salty is the 400 euro for the extra Ki blast ball. I would only display him mostly with the ball as it just looks so damn epic and Ive been still thinking if I should bite the bullet or not yet.
Another thing they say goku is in resin but what will happen over time with him being heavy I worry he would either bend or crack and they most likely will change him to pvc..
The 400€ differences is the switch out torso. I completely agree that it's a big pill to swallow, but if you're going to compare him to Vegeta, it needs to be compared to the standard version (999€). It's almost double the resin and technically two statues (Broly and Goku). As of the bending and/or cracking, I'm hopping they thought of this (I'll be asking for sure). We'll see once more info is passed down.
Old 10-28-2017, 03:52 PM   #79
Jayce321
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash421 View Post
The 400€ differences is the switch out torso. I completely agree that it's a big pill to swallow, but if you're going to compare him to Vegeta, it needs to be compared to the standard version (999€). It's almost double the resin and technically two statues (Broly and Goku). As of the bending and/or cracking, I'm hopping they thought of this (I'll be asking for sure). We'll see once more info is passed down.
Well I was reading that the 1399 version is the whole top half of the body broly and goku is separated so it's all one piece, which is a little more reassuring so there would be a rod though the whole body from broly to goku. There is maybe another base also so you can display the bust seperately so it doesn't need to stay in the box.

Im so on the fence I don't know if I'm going to regret not getting him or not.
Jayce321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 07:20 PM   #80
Kal-El02
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash421 View Post
Oh I hear you. This is making me rearrange my planned POs and cancel a couple of others. I just believe this piece is worth it. They have a 12 month payment plan which makes it bearable at least.
After all my whining and complaining I ended caving. This is just too good of a statue to pass. I've waited almost 10 years since I've started collecting for a good broly to be released. I can't miss out on this.

I've done the same, cancelled most of my POs and used the 12 month plan. If you think about release date they are predicting late 2018, although most companies first release dates are delayed so I'm guessing maybe early to mid 2019 which is plenty of time to put aside the extra cash per month.

I really hope they do have the extra stand to display the switch out torso, otherwise 400 euro will be packed in a box for nothing.
Kal-El02 is offline   Reply With Quote