Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 09-28-2015, 05:42 PM   #11
Spidey976
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Going to say this, and I can't believe I am, BUT going completely CLASSIC on his entire costume and then having blades for wings just looks crazy off to me. I am usually all in for what ever modernization that XM goes for, but for this one my brain is just not accepting it.
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 05:58 PM   #12
StringKeyRhythm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey976 View Post
Going to say this, and I can't believe I am, BUT going completely CLASSIC on his entire costume and then having blades for wings just looks crazy off to me. I am usually all in for what ever modernization that XM goes for, but for this one my brain is just not accepting it.

Good point.
StringKeyRhythm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:00 PM   #13
RossMcCollector
The Herculoids

Responding to Spidey above just like I did in the other forum, I'm actually the opposite...I want the classic feather around his neck, but at the same time I always thought the feather wings serve no purpose except flying. So with XM's design, they managed to keep the classic costume with the feathers around his neck, plus weaponizing the wings so he can be more effective. Can't ask for more....

Now the wait to see his pose!!!
RossMcCollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #14
Spidey976

Quote:
Originally Posted by RossMcCollector View Post
Responding to Spidey above just like I did in the other forum, I'm actually the opposite...I want the classic feather around his neck, but at the same time I always thought the feather wings serve no purpose except flying. So with XM's design, they managed to keep the classic costume with the feathers around his neck, plus weaponizing the wings so he can be more effective. Can't ask for more....

Now the wait to see his pose!!!
Totally going to be a personal opinion thing. My brain can't handle this one right now.... But knowing XM classic wings are coming
Spidey976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 07:48 PM   #15
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Ok. I don't think anyone ever grew up thinking Vulture was cool, so really this one is for completionists. I think there are a few critical points to a good vulture:

1. The Wings: it's all about the wings. Interchangeable classic and mech wings will go a long way in this piece. A very large and aggressive wingspan here is pretty critical. For the mech wings, the tips should look razor sharp.

2. The Nose: the only thing about vulture that looks like a vulture is his big honker. A big crooked nose really characterized his face.

3. The Claws: maybe a snag from the newer version of Vulture but his claws are pretty slick. Some switch out hands would be a nice touch.

4. The Stash: vulture was generally a simple criminal. He wasn't a big thinker like Octavius or Norman. That said, he should be making away with something whether a bag of jewels or cash.

5. The Pose: if he's not flying he's just an old guy in a green jumpsuit. Not sure how, but this piece needs to convey flight. Not a boring glide type of flight but a nice sharp turn type of pose. His face should be looking in the direction of his turn like he's looking over his shoulder. It will give the character some context.

6. The jumpsuit: his traditional is green and boring. It has horrible vertical lines and looks ridiculous. Coupled with his demeanour it almost looks like just an old man in pyjamas. So just be cognoscent that his clothes aren't too pyjama-like. They key to the cloth is aerodynamic so it should be form fitted.

7. Hunched: vulture is generally a hunched over character. When he stands you generally get the feeling you're looking at a hunched over vulture that's picking at bones. His neck is generally bent outward as opposed to upward and his chin should almost be shoulder height.

Hope these ideas help.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #16
Sharkey

Can't wait to see the rest.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:31 PM   #17
Mr. Machismo
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Ok. I don't think anyone ever grew up thinking Vulture was cool, so really this one is for completionists.
LOL!
Mr. Machismo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 08:54 PM   #18
Comicbookguy
Hercules

How does XM keep up with all these? I see a ton of PO but nothing coming out??
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:52 PM   #19
Restinpieces
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Wow, can't wait to see this develop!
Restinpieces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 10:15 PM   #20
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
Ok. I don't think anyone ever grew up thinking Vulture was cool, so really this one is for completionists. I think there are a few critical points to a good vulture:

1. The Wings: it's all about the wings. Interchangeable classic and mech wings will go a long way in this piece. A very large and aggressive wingspan here is pretty critical. For the mech wings, the tips should look razor sharp.

2. The Nose: the only thing about vulture that looks like a vulture is his big honker. A big crooked nose really characterized his face.

3. The Claws: maybe a snag from the newer version of Vulture but his claws are pretty slick. Some switch out hands would be a nice touch.

4. The Stash: vulture was generally a simple criminal. He wasn't a big thinker like Octavius or Norman. That said, he should be making away with something whether a bag of jewels or cash.

5. The Pose: if he's not flying he's just an old guy in a green jumpsuit. Not sure how, but this piece needs to convey flight. Not a boring glide type of flight but a nice sharp turn type of pose. His face should be looking in the direction of his turn like he's looking over his shoulder. It will give the character some context.

6. The jumpsuit: his traditional is green and boring. It has horrible vertical lines and looks ridiculous. Coupled with his demeanour it almost looks like just an old man in pyjamas. So just be cognoscent that his clothes aren't too pyjama-like. They key to the cloth is aerodynamic so it should be form fitted.

7. Hunched: vulture is generally a hunched over character. When he stands you generally get the feeling you're looking at a hunched over vulture that's picking at bones. His neck is generally bent outward as opposed to upward and his chin should almost be shoulder height.

Hope these ideas help.
Whom are they supposed to help?
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote