Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 03-24-2021, 01:08 AM   #71
pdenham
Teen Titans

Since the lasso is not likely to ship permanently affixed to the statue, I'm trying to envision an orientation for that thing that would make sense within the limitations of this pose.

The arm in in the context of pulling something taut, and her viewing direction supports that.

Unfortunately, that's like Spidey swinging on a web line- it goes and attaches to something well outside the "frame" of the statue. It would look odd without a separate proximity piece that's being lassoed.

You could probably leave out the lasso entirely (or have her right fist holding it rolled up- with a little modification) and make up a bullet/bracelet effect to give that arm pose a different logical context- but it wouldn't be supported by her intense gaze in a different direction.

Several things I love about this, but several others I find just as frustrating and annoying.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:25 AM   #72
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenham View Post
Since the lasso is not likely to ship permanently affixed to the statue, I'm trying to envision an orientation for that thing that would make sense within the limitations of this pose.

The arm in in the context of pulling something taut, and her viewing direction supports that.

Unfortunately, that's like Spidey swinging on a web line- it goes and attaches to something well outside the "frame" of the statue. It would look odd without a separate proximity piece that's being lassoed.

You could probably leave out the lasso entirely (or have her right fist holding it rolled up- with a little modification) and make up a bullet/bracelet effect to give that arm pose a different logical context- but it wouldn't be supported by her intense gaze in a different direction.

Several things I love about this, but several others I find just as frustrating and annoying.
Aren't you talking about the other Wonder Woman bust? This is the Queen Studios thread
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 09:40 AM   #73
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Aren't you talking about the other Wonder Woman bust? This is the Queen Studios thread
I think they are talking about this Statue. If you look at the first page WW is using a lasso and pulling it tight with her left arm.Yet it’s just flailing around her with no attachment to anything else. So what’s the reasoning for holding it so tight?
It would make more sense if she was gearing up to use it. But it clearly looks like she’s pulling on it. It would be better if it was in both hands.

As for Infinity Studios bust...she is clear holding it tight in both hands. So you don’t need a point of contact somewhere else to make it look tight, you can naturally pull on something with two hands.
Again why I think this is in reference to the full statue.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 10:27 AM   #74
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post
I think they are talking about this Statue. If you look at the first page WW is using a lasso and pulling it tight with her left arm.Yet it’s just flailing around her with no attachment to anything else. So what’s the reasoning for holding it so tight?
It would make more sense if she was gearing up to use it. But it clearly looks like she’s pulling on it. It would be better if it was in both hands.

As for Iron Studios bust...she is clear holding it tight in both hands. So you don’t need a point of contact somewhere else to make it look tight, you can naturally pull on something with two hands.
Iron Studios did a bust? Did I miss this?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 12:25 PM   #75
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Iron Studios did a bust? Did I miss this?
Sorry...I meant Infinity Studios...
Old 03-24-2021, 06:51 PM   #76
worstgamerever
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankierock View Post

As for Infinity Studios bust...she is clear holding it tight in both hands. So you don’t need a point of contact somewhere else to make it look tight, you can naturally pull on something with two hands.
Long day. When I saw Queen Studios and Wonder Woman, my mind defaulted to the excellent life-size bust. Sorry, this is the statue thread, you are right
worstgamerever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2021, 08:16 PM   #77
Frankierock
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by worstgamerever View Post
Long day. When I saw Queen Studios and Wonder Woman, my mind defaulted to the excellent life-size bust. Sorry, this is the statue thread, you are right
Lol happens to the best best of us..just look at my last post..
Old 03-25-2021, 12:26 PM   #78
French Cancan
Deadman

Well, I'm not allowed to see her.
It's ok, I'm not jealous. I'll be patient.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 12:45 PM   #79
Augen
The Hulk

Quote:
Originally Posted by French Cancan View Post
Well, I'm not allowed to see her.
It's ok, I'm not jealous. I'll be patient.
Allowed?
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2021, 01:04 PM   #80
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
Allowed?
ha ha, i forgot to quote the post of Shoo with the facebook link... I can't see the video, voilÃ-
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote