Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 06-05-2021, 12:24 AM   #371
dw316
Justice League

Someone had mentioned in a group that Queen Studios was doing a 1/4 Wonder Woman from the film. I'm not sure if they specified whether or not it was the gold armor 1984 costume or the original red/blue/gold, but were they possibly talking about this piece or is Queen Studios making another Gal Gadot WW statue?
dw316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 07:32 AM   #372
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Welp, I took the plunge and POed this from Todd at SF.

I just love it. I know it's expensive for a 1/4 and the ES is quite high but to be frank, neither of those things bother me enough to pass on this. The best WW I've seen (imo) and really excited to get this one.
SkilledButton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 11:53 AM   #373
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkilledButton View Post
Welp, I took the plunge and POed this from Todd at SF.

I just love it. I know it's expensive for a 1/4 and the ES is quite high but to be frank, neither of those things bother me enough to pass on this. The best WW I've seen (imo) and really excited to get this one.
The more I see it, the more tempted I'm becoming......but, that price.....I'm wondering if the price is putting a lot of collectors off, because that much scratch for 1/4 scale is excessive. If I hold out for long enough, maybe it will be discounted......
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2021, 01:32 PM   #374
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
The more I see it, the more tempted I'm becoming......but, that price.....I'm wondering if the price is putting a lot of collectors off, because that much scratch for 1/4 scale is excessive. If I hold out for long enough, maybe it will be discounted......
I honestly don't see how it's any different than what XM charges for their 1/4 statues. I have a bunch from their X-Men line... Unfortunately that's becoming the norm for this scale these days. I wouldn't hold out hope for a discounted price in the future, but hey who knows.

I agree it's expensive, but it is what it is when collecting this type of thing. Even 1/6 are approaching $600+ USD now, companies will charge what people will pay.
Old 07-04-2021, 02:05 PM   #375
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
I honestly don't see how it's any different than what XM charges for their 1/4 statues. I have a bunch from their X-Men line... Unfortunately that's becoming the norm for this scale these days. I wouldn't hold out hope for a discounted price in the future, but hey who knows.

I agree it's expensive, but it is what it is when collecting this type of thing. Even 1/6 are approaching $600+ USD now, companies will charge what people will pay.
Well, maybe you're right on a number of points. I think, if this was going to be a quick sell out, it would have gone by now.....so, I don't feel I need to rush into things.

I'm also not 100% sure about Queen Studios QC. I'm not saying it's bad, I've not seen to many pieces "in hand"....so, this is another reason I'm waiting to bite the bullet and spend high dollars on a 1/4
Old 07-05-2021, 01:51 PM   #376
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:

This feels like a premium statue to me, especially the face. Compared to some other recent 1:4 I've seen this is rare one that price doesn't seem silly..

Fingers crossed QS can deliver.
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 01:56 PM   #377
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augen View Post
This feels like a premium statue to me, especially the face. Compared to some other recent 1:4 I've seen this is rare one that price doesn't seem silly..

Fingers crossed QS can deliver.
Really? Most prototypes look awesome......yes, even from Sideshow. I don't know why you think this looks anymore "premium" than any other typical 1/4......
Old 07-05-2021, 02:03 PM   #378
Augen
Metal Men

Quote:
Really? Most prototypes look awesome......yes, even from Sideshow. I don't know why you think this looks anymore "premium" than any other typical 1/4......
I think it is the best likeness on Gal outside of 1:1 busts.

I rate this much higher than my Sideshow or Prime 1 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman statues (I like them, but this looks better to me).
Augen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:12 PM   #379
SkilledButton
Nightwing

Quote:
Really...? I can't see how you don't? It's head and shoulders better, than any of them in my opinion...

Put this up next to sideshows premium format wonder woman. If you think they look the same (or even remotely comparable) save your quid and go with SS.
Old 07-05-2021, 02:35 PM   #380
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Because queen deliver, and yes the proto looks better than anything sideshow can do. Just look at the skin paint job. They are different price points though, not knocking sideshow
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote