Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

Old 08-29-2023, 09:41 AM   #1
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Possible Mortal Kombat 1 2023 Statues.

Hey Fullscale_PCS, with the recent trailers being shown for the upcoming Mortal Kombat 1 2023 videogame, is there any chance you guys at PCS can get the license to make statues of characters from this MK game? [ Personally, i'd LOVE to see a 1/3 or 1/4 General Shao Kahn, as he looks AWESOME in this game......]
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:42 AM   #2
ukshaun
Hercules

I'm up for a Sonya Blade Classic (who appears in the new game).

LOADING: Image(s)

That name of the artist: ZabZarock
https://www.deviantart.com/zabzarock/gallery
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 11:56 AM   #3
qz33
Doctor Doom

Hope so but pretty sure they've said they are taking a break as they've said NetherRealm Studios is too difficult to work with for what customers want and very little sells outside of Scorpion and Sub-Zero.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:49 PM   #4
No1
The Avengers

Little sells? I don't understand that, for me this is so much bias

I mean, there's so much B, C, D list characters being lanched about so many licenses, but Mortal Kombat sell too little?

Kitana and Mileena would sell less then TRAP JAW? or CASEY JONES? or MERRY and PIPPIN? maybe CARA DUNE? about DC, pieces like THE DROWNED or RATCATCHER II really could sell more then Raiden, Shao Kahn or Goro?

About Marvel, what would sell more, all MK1 line or the Eternals?

Well there's all this on the market right now, but no news on MK.

No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 01:52 PM   #5
qz33
Doctor Doom

Not enough sales for PCS.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:01 PM   #6
No1
The Avengers

Oh and one more thing, about PCS I know people referring to LEATHERFACE as that guy on MORTAL KOMBAT's game, the same about ROBOCOP, because that's the conection of the new generations with those characters, and c'mon did you guys really believe that "MACHO MAN" RANDY SAVAGE, BOLO YEUNG or even FULGORE (from a fighting game too) will sell more then Liu Kang or Sonya?
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 02:04 PM   #7
qz33
Doctor Doom

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
Oh and one more thing, about PCS I know people referring to LEATHERFACE as that guy on MORTAL KOMBAT's game, the same about ROBOCOP, because that's the conection of the new generations with those characters, and c'mon did you guys really believe that "MACHO MAN" RANDY SAVAGE, BOLO YEUNG or even FULGORE (from a fighting game too) will sell more then Liu Kang or Sonya?
No but those licensors aren't the same pain to deal with.

But I'm willing to bet all other things being equal Macho Man outsells Liu Kang.
PCS did a Liu Kang from before and let's just say it was not universally loved.
Old 08-29-2023, 02:57 PM   #8
Yamato
Justice League

To put it bluntly, the studio has gone full political correctness with their designs and have a prudish attitude towards whatever they made before.

It will sell very poorly, nobody wants the new stuff.
Yamato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 03:41 PM   #9
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamato View Post
To put it bluntly, the studio has gone full political correctness with their designs and have a prudish attitude towards whatever they made before.
This is one area customs have an edge.
(we cannot talk about those here on StatueForum)
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2023, 09:07 PM   #10
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
This is one area customs have an edge.
(we cannot talk about those here on StatueForum)
You can talk about them. You can even post about them, as long as you're not soliciting them as the producer.

I'm an MK fan, but it's taken a long time to accept that PCS is right - MK does not sell (outside of the ninjas, and pretty much only the klassic, palette swap ninjas at that). I don't think their recent Noob did that well.

The 'PC' business is mostly irrelevant. I'm in a custom group that recently put up a good Jade - full sexy allowed. Only 20 takers...

The fracturing of the fanbase into tons of costumes, meaning everyone has a different preference doesn't help. But the biggest factor that MK fanboys may not want to accept, is that the majority of MK fans are young, and don't stay with the franchise long. It's more juvenile, and aimed at the short-attention-span crowd. They've released double the entries of SF in a shorter history. They're always targeting the 'next, young players'. Then they play it, grow up, and move on. There's no lasting 'fandom' being built now. The fandom exists based on us old heads, with MK 1-3, and to some extent (if I had my say) MK9.

How are you going to release anything but one or two statues from any recent entry when they put out a new one every few years?
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote