Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 06-19-2019, 10:15 PM   #461
Blacksunn
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by No1 View Post
I think it´s a matter of time until another company have MK license for big statues, look at Prime 1 with SF, the problem with PCS isn't just the delays but the quality of the painting in general, they need competition.
The problem with PCS is they have completely alienated their customers by lying and stealing from them.

Have no idea how that bridge will every be repaired.
Blacksunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:47 PM   #462
ZenLogikos
S.H.I.E.L.D.
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
MK as statues is done.

New game isn't aesthetic enough. Market potential and nostalgia has been tapped.
And me, a big MK fan, with only ONE statue, underserved...

I will always blame Netherrealm. They cannibalize MK with each new iteration, constantly redesigning characters. It's a short-attention-span benefitting approach - it'll attract new eyes every couple years, but in the long term, people don't easily get attached to any one set. Nostalgia suffers. This is a nostalgia-heavy hobby.

The 'hot-newness' won't survive the average statue delays. I believe nostalgia would fare better.
ZenLogikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 11:08 AM   #463
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenLogikos View Post
And me, a big MK fan, with only ONE statue, underserved...

I will always blame Netherrealm. They cannibalize MK with each new iteration, constantly redesigning characters. It's a short-attention-span benefitting approach - it'll attract new eyes every couple years, but in the long term, people don't easily get attached to any one set. Nostalgia suffers. This is a nostalgia-heavy hobby.

The 'hot-newness' won't survive the average statue delays. I believe nostalgia would fare better.
I love the fact that Netherealm reinvent characters every time....and it doesn't change whats already there...

The problem imo was that PCS split the line, so immediately you had 2 lines running concurrent, the Klassic line and an MK9 line....so immediately you were doubling up on characters like Scorpion...and consistency was completely out the window. Then to change the style again when MKX comes out...you now have 3 inconsistent lines...

If they had just kept the bases and style consistent across an entire "Mortal Kombat Line" they could have just carried on producing statues as new games came and picked and chosen what costumes to do from over the 10 games and varied the characters and given the collector a much richer variety....i guess this was the idea of the Legacy "line"....but that is of course at this point a line of 1.

That was always my problem....and of course poor character choices imo and the constant lets do Scorpion and Subzero again...

I'll never understand the people who ate up the Klassic line, a lot of boring, uninspired pieces, completely not what MK is about, no gore, no stage references....and then just head swaps and repaints...and people ate them up and still wanted more like Ermac and Rain lol. And look at them now, i have never seen statues date so quickly.....they're awful...where as statues form the MK9 line like Kitana, SubZero, even Shao Kahn & Baraka still hold up really well. MK9 Scorpion was always awful so that doesn't count
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 08:45 AM   #464
No1
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
s

I'll never understand the people who ate up the Klassic line, a lot of boring, uninspired pieces, completely not what MK is about, no gore, no stage references....and then just head swaps and repaints...and people ate them up and still wanted more like Ermac and Rain lol. And look at them now, i have never seen statues date so quickly.....they're awful...where as statues form the MK9 line like Kitana, SubZero, even Shao Kahn & Baraka still hold up really well. MK9 Scorpion was always awful so that doesn't count
Agree in every word, we never have for example a MK Diorama exploring the most iconic element of MK, the Fatalities!

A Liu Kang Dragon and parts of a body in the ground, Shang Tsung grabbing someone and sucking the soul, or Sub zero cracking someone frozen and parts of Ice and bodies in the ground, a lot of amazing ideas.... The museum statues looks like that stage in MK1 when we could see statues of the warriors in the background lol
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	18.4 KB
ID:	124118  
No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 10:19 PM   #465
Biggunz
Loki

Still no Ninjas .....
Damn shame maybe when mk 12 comes out
PCs ......THESE GUYS
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 11:57 AM   #466
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggunz View Post
Still no Ninjas .....
Damn shame maybe when mk 12 comes out
PCs ......THESE GUYS
The Sub-Zero page on SS still says "June."

How close to being the most delayed statues of all time are these?
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 03:55 PM   #467
Redsaleen
Justice League

Scorpion has arrived and will ship next week
Redsaleen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:38 PM   #468
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yup...got my processing emails for Sub-Zero and Scorpion.
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 08:06 PM   #469
How2TrainKaiju
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

I got my Sub-Zero email only thus far. But, hey, it's progress.
How2TrainKaiju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 10:53 PM   #470
Biggunz
Loki

Good to hear guys. Hope they come out great and look forward to some honest reviews.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote