Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 06-12-2019, 05:00 AM   #511
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genosha175 View Post
I'm basing my opinion on comparing other side on views of the P1 to pics of actual film used heads, there's a clear difference in them. Even comparing this to the ADI one that's pictured a couple of pages back here, it's completely different.
I see, so your basing what you were saying on the proto from the get go. And not this picture alone.

I see what you mean though. Comparing them all, the P1 dome does seem to have more of an arch sloping downwards. Well, CP was involved and they have access to all accurate originals. I have no clue which one they based this one off of and what is accurate. And like I said, I’m no expert. I don’t have an actual opinion on what’s right and wrong here. Maybe a savvy dog alien collector can chime in about it.
Masa_yodamorph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:11 AM   #512
Genosha175
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
I see what you mean though. Comparing them all, the P1 dome does seem to have more of an arch sloping downwards. Well, CP was involved and they have access to all accurate originals.
Yeah that's what's weird too, CP has a 1:1 head of the dog that doesn't have the dome going so far down at the front, and is more of a smooth curve.
Genosha175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 05:47 AM   #513
chavez553
Brotherhood of Evil Mutants

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masa_yodamorph View Post
Haha “xenophiles” lol. Nice one.

I think waiting it out, like you, is the best way. Just to make sure of everything. It’s not cheap. Having a Jackson Pollock paint job with an alien sucks when it’s so expensive. But I’m sure P1’s got this, hence all of the delays. Which in this case will be WORTH it for collectors. I still think the EX head is a must for this one. The open jaw head looks so badass with the dog alien imo.
https://imgur.com/gallery/VROMiCP

Yet your mistaken.

If you take a look at all the pics in the link above you will see that both the prototype and the production piece, as well as even the bust as you mentioned has it going down in some pics and straight in others and on both sides depending what angle the pic is taken at.

The piece looks awesome. You guys have to stop trying to be overly anal about accuracies. Your mind is playing trick on you.
chavez553 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:11 AM   #514
Genosha175
Doh!

Attachment 123997

Red line is what it should be, why is this so hard to grasp lol.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1560334069190.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	64.4 KB
ID:	123998  
Genosha175 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 12:31 PM   #515
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez553 View Post
https://imgur.com/gallery/VROMiCP

Yet your mistaken.

If you take a look at all the pics in the link above you will see that both the prototype and the production piece, as well as even the bust as you mentioned has it going down in some pics and straight in others and on both sides depending what angle the pic is taken at.

The piece looks awesome. You guys have to stop trying to be overly anal about accuracies. Your mind is playing trick on you.
I think you’re misunderstanding the post you quoted me on. I agree, this looks great. And the paint job looks impressive coming from a factory. The Pollock comment is that many “other” pieces from factories come out looking like a mess. But surely P1 has this under control.

As for the dome inaccuracy, Genosha has a valid point. It appears that way comparing the pics. If it is inaccurate, some collectors do care a lot for accuracy. Especially Alien, predator, and Star Wars. And they may not like the inaccuracy to pay this kind of money. But like I’ve said, I have no clue what is accurate and inaccurate when it comes to the Dog.
Old 06-12-2019, 01:56 PM   #516
Darth Milo
Hydra

Type in YouTube search: Prime 1 Studio Full Booth Tour (Wonderfest Shanghai 2019)

Dog Alien @ 15:00
Darth Milo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:29 PM   #517
Python
Omega Red

Yeah, Dog at 15 mins.

https://youtu.be/6Z0lhz6s0YQ?t=905

It looks amazing! Thanks Sisko.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 02:48 PM   #518
Masa_yodamorph
The Avengers

Even more impressive in that video. Looks like collectors will be getting an ACE in their collections. Bravo P1
Old 06-12-2019, 04:55 PM   #519
tonytiger
The X-Men

However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan.

last payment got push back again to 07/25/19
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 06:53 PM   #520
Roachmojo
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytiger View Post
However, delays do occur periodically in production or transport schedules that require us to alter your original payment plan.

last payment got push back again to 07/25/19
Yup, just got my delay email as well.
Roachmojo is offline   Reply With Quote