Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 07-21-2013, 05:32 PM   #41
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
If it was all PVC, that would defy the point of it being a 'hybrid statue'. The polystone body prevents the piece from leaning and it also shows none of those unavoidable ugly PVC seams.

As for it being all translucent resin, I'm not sure if they'd be able to get the results they can currently get with PVC for head sculpts.
It's true enough that polystone does add some weight to a statue.

Here is an alien monster Casey Love did with transculent resin. I don't know if it will work that well on human characters though? It sure worked out in Casey Love's case.
Juggernaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:35 PM   #42
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
While it is a nice staue, ordinary resin is used on this statue and the difference between the Blitway and this one is remarkable.
Old 07-21-2013, 05:36 PM   #43
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
If it was all PVC, that would defy the point of it being a 'hybrid statue'. The polystone body prevents the piece from leaning and it also shows none of those unavoidable ugly PVC seams.

As for it being all translucent resin, I'm not sure if they'd be able to get the results they can currently get with PVC for head sculpts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by joy_division View Post
Not only is that a piece with seams —see below—, but some owners have claimed theirs is leaning a bit now, too.

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 05:59 PM   #44
zeus
What's another word for Thesaurus?

i would love this but can't drop 600$ in one shot,maybe sideshow should pick it and flex pay!
zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #45
Juggernaut
The Falcon

Quote:
Not only is that a piece with seams —see below—, but some owners have claimed theirs is leaning a bit now, too.

I thought this statue wase made of resin.

Kotobukiya's Star Wars vinyl figures don't have seam lines, so it is possible to make statues without seam lines when using plastic.
Old 07-21-2013, 07:12 PM   #46
Shoo
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
I thought this statue wase made of resin.
Nope, that's all PVC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juggernaut View Post
Kotobukiya's Star Wars vinyl figures don't have seam lines, so it is possible to make statues without seam lines when using plastic.
Vinyl and PVC aren't exactly the same. (Link)

Quote:
Vinyl actually isn'’t a plastic… or anything at all really. People seem to mistake that Vinyl is a plastic of some sort seen in some Kotobukiya figures. (really old Final Fantasy 8 figures, Star Wars figures, Matrix figures). Most of these Kotobukiya figures are hollow inside, meaning that the figure is constructed out of various hollow tubes put together. In actuality, Vinyl is any compound that includes a “vinyl group” (this gets into chemistry. If you’re interested, look up “Ethylene”). So in essence, PVC is a vinyl. Just that those Kotobukiya figures use a different type of PVC compound that’s a lot softer and thinner, making them highly flexible. “Vinyl Figures” are by far the worst for the environment because of the “softening” additives.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #47
kaza5555
New Republic

What are Enterbay Bruce Lee pieces made of? Are they PVC or vinyl? Thanks in advance.
kaza5555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 07:55 PM   #48
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Where else to get this? What about the ex?
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 09:10 PM   #49
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

wanted the enterbay piefce . but not after what i have been her=aring. love this piece. but would love to see an enter the dragon piece in tis acale or even in 1/4 with blitzway. would love to see a fists of fury staue. Cej Zen. even a jet li stue would be killer to from fists of legend. if you havnt seen that remake of fists of fury i highly recommend you getting it and watching it (all of jet li's kung-fu films actually). i also would love to see a statue of Bruce's master Ip Man. i highly recommend to go out and get that movie as well if you haven't seen it. Donny yen does an incredible job in that film. ok and while im at it. a must see Fu film is iron monkey.
make it happen blitzway. man would love to have a collection of real life Kung-fu masters. thats would be killah!!
cant wait to get this piece.
DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 10:30 PM   #50
jye318
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
wanted the enterbay piefce . but not after what i have been her=aring. love this piece. but would love to see an enter the dragon piece in tis acale or even in 1/4 with blitzway. would love to see a fists of fury staue. Cej Zen. even a jet li stue would be killer to from fists of legend. if you havnt seen that remake of fists of fury i highly recommend you getting it and watching it (all of jet li's kung-fu films actually). i also would love to see a statue of Bruce's master Ip Man. i highly recommend to go out and get that movie as well if you haven't seen it. Donny yen does an incredible job in that film. ok and while im at it. a must see Fu film is iron monkey.
make it happen blitzway. man would love to have a collection of real life Kung-fu masters. thats would be killah!!
cant wait to get this piece.
I have the EB one, the best BL statue so far, this 1/3 is gonna amazing!

IP man is the best kung fu movie, Donnie is the perfect actor for ip man movie
jye318 is offline   Reply With Quote