Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 10-15-2016, 08:05 PM   #31
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Wow, what a crappy final episode, I cringed at that final showdown-a bumpy/stiff choreography-with all the people cheering....just what I try to avoid at the Premiers of the movies.

Also, I didn't like the stupid way Misty forgot completely about the witness.

And what about Claire, her arc was going in the right direction and they ruined it with the cliche that falls for the hero....lame.....can't wait for her to appear in Iron Fist to get involved with Randy too.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 12:59 PM   #32
Matches Malone
Bub Mod

I have to agree with those who feel that it didn't quite stick the ending. In all honesty they could have just spread things out a little better, particularly given the slow burn of some of the other episodes, and given the ending a bit more time to breathe. Given the plans for Iron Fist and the Defenders I think the should have just gone with the "happy ending" scenarios like having Black Mariah incarcerated via Candace's testimony. Realistically they are not going to get back to those characters and the Harlem gangland anytime soon. Realistically I had the same issue with how DD s2's finale played out in that a conclusion to Frank's brilliant arc was shoehorned in.

Like Parallax, I also thought a DD cameo would have been ideal and a nice hint as to the Defenders linking up via Claire. Even something as simple as having her opening the door to Nelson and Murdoch (or whatever form Matt's practice now takes take post DD S2). It certainly would have been much more fulfilling than the, "blink and you missed it, only hardcore fans will get the reference", scene of her taking the self defense class information for Colleen.

Last edited by Matches Malone; 10-16-2016 at 01:17 PM.
Matches Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:38 PM   #33
SONICobra
Batman

anybody else think the dude who plays diamondback looks like bossk?

SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 02:42 PM   #34
built2shred
Phoenix

Kind of wish they would of had a bigger budget for the final episode so the villain didn't look like his outfit was made out of packaging foam.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:26 PM   #35
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

I am giving the series a hearty thumbs up as I really enjoyed it. I enjoyed Cage’s character development and thought Claire and Misty were very strong as well. I have to agree with the points about a weak main villain and the ending being anticlimactic. Diamondback was too contrived for me and the Hammer tech suit was just plain corny (I think I could have whipped that up at home – it was cringe-worthy bad.) Even if he gets powered up, the character needs more to draw the audience in. Luke Cage deserves better villains to draw out his “Hero for Hire” moniker. I like how Claire said that she would get him a good lawyer at the end – created a good sense of anticipation. I hope it does well enough to get another season.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 03:29 PM   #36
SONICobra
Batman

im on the last episode but so far the series has been a lot of fun, very solid watch
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 09:53 PM   #37
statman
Baron Zemo

Count me as one who thought the series was good overall, but was let down by a mediocre to poor finale.
statman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 02:56 PM   #38
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Lucy Liu will direct the 2018 season 2 premiere:

https://news.marvel.com/tv/68349/luc...els-luke-cage/
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:42 PM   #39
xforce
Hydra

Luke cage starting out strong but ended weak...arresting people in that show is a joke they get out (unless your luke cage and escape) in five minutes. Overall was good but I think Daredevil is the best Netflix show. And Jessica Jones I enjoyed more than Luke Cage. The reason Jessica Jones was better than cage was Purple man he made that show without him we will see.

Watching Iron Fist now and into episode 4 and I like it so far
xforce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:36 PM   #40
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Luke Cage canceled after season two along with Iron Fist:

https://deadline.com/2018/10/luke-ca...er-1202486487/
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote