Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 03-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #1571
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

I'm so tempted to order this. It's ex or nothing for me. I really thing they missed the mark on the reg portrait, but the classic is so awesome.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:33 PM   #1572
Bmutha
I like to make what's yours mine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbolt View Post
Ummm....like 90% of what they sell is re-sold...that's how all those pieces get to N.A. without a license.
Yes, thank you, I'm aware, . When I said "flip" I was implying being sold above retail for significant profit.
Bmutha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 09:36 PM   #1573
Tbolt
Inconceivable!
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmutha View Post
Yes, thank you, I'm aware, . When I said "flip" I was implying being sold above retail for significant profit.
Well I see that more with their pieces than just about anything else (at least asking significantly more upon initial release) that's what I meant. Obviously it doesn't always pan out.

1000 EX on this is pretty reasonable though...
Tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:02 PM   #1574
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Same as the Prime 1 version.
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 10:32 PM   #1575
tonytiger
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
And here you are in the Deadpool thread...
Man are you grasping..Never did i cut the dead-pool statue down, how it was made or mainly the company that made it either which was the topic..Just the museum pose as been done to death and to me is more boring to the action pose that was one of the best at the show. Can't even comment on something with out someone trying to throw it back in your face..Nice..and here you are pointing it out.
tonytiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:15 PM   #1576
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Just decided to pull the trigger. One of the benefits of these huge edition sizes is that you get to take almost as long as you want to think about the purchase. After spending a couple weeks deciding between this or prime 1, I decided that this is the superior Venom for me. I'm not feeling the hulked out take on Venom that P1 went with. That and the fact that sideshows pose is one of the more unique designs I've seen from any company recently.

I wasn't a fan of the texture at first, but it's grown on me and the ex portrait is a must. Now I just have to wait. I'm pumped about this one!

Old 03-18-2017, 11:36 PM   #1577
Jonezy89
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Yeh I pulled trigger on carn and venom was was impressed by prime ones venom but that short lived
Jonezy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:48 PM   #1578
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Honestly I wasn't nearly as impressed by the P1 Venom as everyone else was and since the reveal I've only liked it less. The pose is pretty basic and the body proportions just isn't for me. The only head I like out of the 3 is the classic and it just doesn't look right on the huge body.
Old 03-19-2017, 12:45 AM   #1579
StatueBandit
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanesg View Post
Honestly I wasn't nearly as impressed by the P1 Venom as everyone else was and since the reveal I've only liked it less. The pose is pretty basic and the body proportions just isn't for me. The only head I like out of the 3 is the classic and it just doesn't look right on the huge body.
I couldn't have said it better myself. The Sideshow Venom has my vote as the better of the 2 pieces overall.

I wasn't crazy at all about the little shop of horrors Prime 1 Venom when it hit for order ha ha ha ha ha .
StatueBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 01:51 AM   #1580
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Not a fan of the grey smoke effect at base? What is that supposed to be? Skin on Venom looks strange too.

Easily prefer original Sideshow Venom out of all the recent statues. Prime 1 would get my vote as best but the mini Venom mouths are just lame.

Carnage too, original is great. Love that Sideshow piece.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote