Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 01-21-2021, 11:15 PM   #41
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

XM won’t is what I’m saying . Not in next few years for sure

Anyways I am interested in a new Carnage as I disliked the old one . I hope he scales properly because my biggest peeve with version 1 was he looked like toddler beside Venom and yes I didn’t like the texture . It wasn’t terrible but a new Carnage I’m in market for
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:38 PM   #42
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
In Spider-Man’s universe Carnage and Venom are A list so is Green Goblin Doc Ock. No question about it . They have spin off comic books series , now we have Knull as a tie in to them . Huge in Spiderverse . You know this . He’s getting his own movie . Come on now .
Ok, so we’re taking it to Spider-Man’s universe now. I’m looking at the broader scope. I can’t put Carnage in the same tier as Superman, Hulk or Iron Man who are undisputedly A list. I only place characters who are “household names” in A list.

Huge in Spiderverse? Do you mean the comic or movie? Because Venom nor Carnage are in either.

Also, being popular in the comics universe or to comic readers doesn’t directly correlate with popularity beyond the comics. Look up the making of Iron Man. He’s always been A list to comic readers and within the comic stories, but he wasn’t overall popular before the movie, something Marvel knew and had to figure out during pre production. He didn’t get a movie because he’s popular. He actually got the movie because he was available and X-Men, Spider-Man, etc were not. I’m not making this up, you can fact check it, there’s enough opinion and self appointed facts on this forum lol.

You know who also gets comic series from time to time? Jimmy Olson. So good for him and Carnage, the A listers.

Carnage is not getting his own movie at the moment, but he’s definitely the villain in the next Venom movie, a movie which only ONE person I know (and I know a lot of people) knew what that reference was at the end of Venom. Just like maybe 4 people I know knew who “the purple guy” was at the end of Avengers back in 2012. But I guess I don’t know enough nerds like myself. If we’re saying Carnage is getting his own movie, then Winter Soldier and Ultron have their own movie.

You know who does have his own movie? Howard the Duck. You know who else has his own movie? Shazam. And aside from geeks like us (geeks as culturally, not in a negative sense) the world has already forgotten.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iko Iko View Post
IMO, Carnage is not A list in the Spidey-Verse (more like B). I agree with you though that Green Goblin, Doc Ock, and Venom are A list.
Exactly. He’s one of his most toughest and dangerous villains, sure. But if you want to go Top 10 villains who mean the most to Spidey himself, are the most prevalent and consistent to Spidey across any and all media, that would be GG, Oc, Venom, Rhino, Vulture, Kraven, Lizard, Electro, Mysterio and Sandman. I’d even say Kingpin is higher on the Spidey villain tier list. Carnage is definitely important...”Carnage” followed by “Maximum Carnage”... he started as an event worthy villain, that’s nothing new.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2021, 11:42 PM   #43
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
Anyways I am interested in a new Carnage as I disliked the old one . I hope he scales properly because my biggest peeve with version 1 was he looked like toddler beside Venom and yes I didn’t like the texture . It wasn’t terrible but a new Carnage I’m in market for
Agreed. These could be Venom and Carnage for my collection.

I wanted the OG XM Venom but at the time XM was harder to get and I didn’t put my bid in early enough with my connect. I liked the SS Carnage PF but for some reason just never pulled the trigger. I don’t even know why.
Old 01-22-2021, 10:09 AM   #44
qz33
Doctor Doom

Can or Can't?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
That’s one thing you’ve said I can agree on. There’s too many variables to say a character will never be made again. Because the current version is “perfect” ain’t a valid or logical reason. Scorpion gets in a movie, market changes, character just pops for whatever reason, or even if Sideshow just feels like it one day, then they’d make him.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 10:42 AM   #45
qz33
Doctor Doom

Before Thanos in the MCU what Marvel villains are A listers?
Anyone I can think of is relegated to B class or below.

The only other aspect I'd say hasn't been addressed is visual appeal. Red Sonja is a total unknown yet she gets lots of statues cause well a chain mail bikini on a fit bird tend to be popular and make for well selling statues.
Like Wolverine but not Iron Man before the movies. Wolverine just has that visual appeal. Iron Man wasn't too cool until the movies.

Same for Carnage and especially Venom. Both of them have visually striking designs beyond character recognition and have been and will continue to be a popular subject for statues.
Even if they aren't known they visually draw people in to ask "Who's that?". More about potential than established recognition.

That's why lots of people have or would have multiple Venoms or Carnages compared to singles of less visually appealing designs. Aesthetics!
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 12:23 PM   #46
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Spiderman and Batman are arguably biggest and most collected characters on the planet. Both have their A list villains and I’ll say it again Carnage is A list . His popularity as is popularity with all symbiotes. He’s had his own spin series , he’s coming to movie his first appearance cost good money and he’s been used steadily since his creation .
Old 01-22-2021, 01:41 PM   #47
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Before Thanos in the MCU what Marvel villains are A listers?
Anyone I can think of is relegated to B class or below.

The only other aspect I'd say hasn't been addressed is visual appeal. Red Sonja is a total unknown yet she gets lots of statues cause well a chain mail bikini on a fit bird tend to be popular and make for well selling statues.
Like Wolverine but not Iron Man before the movies. Wolverine just has that visual appeal. Iron Man wasn't too cool until the movies.

Same for Carnage and especially Venom. Both of them have visually striking designs beyond character recognition and have been and will continue to be a popular subject for statues.
Even if they aren't known they visually draw people in to ask "Who's that?". More about potential than established recognition.

That's why lots of people have or would have multiple Venoms or Carnages compared to singles of less visually appealing designs. Aesthetics!
Perfectly stated.

And much common sense used.

Red Sonja is the perfect example too since she was created as a Marvel Comics character and has had a movie.
Old 01-22-2021, 02:15 PM   #48
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

A list ! One of the top four villains from the most collected titles on the planet . That’s A list!
Old 01-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #49
FJC
Midnighter

My A list Marvel villains are Magneto, Apocalypse, Thanos, Doctor Doom, Galactus, Red Skull, Loki, Green Goblin, and Venom. That said, the most popular Spidey villains over the last 40+ years can sell well for any company and be considered A list by fans. I think it mainly breaks down to what era of comics you were reading as a kid. For older readers, characters like Green Goblin and the Sinister Six will be A list Spidey villains. While reader that grew up reading comics in the 90's most definitely see Venom and Carnage as A list Spidey villains. Either way you see it, Carnage is definitely in most top 5 Spidey villains list. For me personally it goes Green Goblin, Venom, Doc Ock, Carnage, and Kingpin. I would think it isn't a huge stretch to see any top 5 Spidey villain as an A lister.
FJC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2021, 04:55 PM   #50
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

Nicely put!