Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 01-13-2020, 05:38 PM   #341
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Yeah, basically what blindzider said. He seems content at the moment. Didn't really sound like he was gung ho for starting up a company again, but who knows?
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 05:59 PM   #342
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindzider View Post
, but that 1/6 Marvel market is just sitting there waiting for someone to fill that need/desire by collectors.
It’s a smaller market but there is a demand even though so many are enamored with the 1/4 and 1/3 scale.
Old 01-13-2020, 06:37 PM   #343
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I agree on all accounts. The industry is an entirely new ballgame. Crazy how much it’s changed since the BD was in full swing.
You know I hear on YouTube and forums about how Bowen Design pieces are “not as detailed” as SS or XM or whatever but the appeal for BD statues was the comic accurate approach he took. IMO, that would be a big positive if he were to come back. That and the fact that one of the changes in the industry is the ridiculous wait times. Bowen for the most part was pretty reliable and didn’t require 2 to 3 years of waiting.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 06:39 PM   #344
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
You know I hear on YouTube and forums about how Bowen Design pieces are “not as detailed” as SS or XM or whatever but the appeal for BD statues was the comic accurate approach he took. IMO, that would be a big positive if he were to come back. That and the fact that one of the changes in the industry is the ridiculous wait times. Bowen for the most part was pretty reliable and didn’t require 2 to 3 years of waiting.
Yep, that's the appeal to me. I want statues that look like there were taken straight from the books. That's also what appeals to me with Tweeterhead.
Old 01-13-2020, 07:54 PM   #345
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
It’s a smaller market but there is a demand even though so many are enamored with the 1/4 and 1/3 scale.
There is a legion of 1/6th fans lurking in the shadows. Koto screwed the pooch. Bowen still is the highest % of my collection. Still hunting for 2 more pieces.

Quote:
The rate they popped ES's of 1-2k sizes with great QC will never be matched. We were spoiled.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #346
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
We were spoiled.
Sadly, that’s the key phrase. Kinda doubtful we’ll get that treatment again.
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 10:15 AM   #347
alshadow
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vecchio1 View Post
There is a legion of 1/6th fans lurking in the shadows.
I agree. In the Facebook selling groups I'm in, Bowens are still much sought after.
alshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 03:03 PM   #348
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
I rarely if ever see a HUGE 1/4-1/2 scale piece that floors me. They are mostly all goofy, stylized or geeked-out with crazy over-the-top details designed to attract and be forgotten as soon as the bigger and better one comes out. Sure they are made to impress but their art direction is usually so over-the-top with wacky poses, yet lacking simple attractive elements to what made Bowen's art so desirable. They just fall flat for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
Yep, that's the appeal to me. I want statues that look like there were taken straight from the books. That's also what appeals to me with Tweeterhead.
Exactly, 3. Classic NEVER goes out of style.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 01:13 AM   #349
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Comic book accurate wins me over every time. Sure, other producers’ work may be more detailed, but the added realism doesn’t work for me. Bowen’s appeal was bringing comic book images to beautiful 3D life.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2020, 12:00 PM   #350
Das Brutah
The Avengers

Can’t agree more with Comments regarding Bowen line totally capturing iconic look and feel of the characters. The size, cost, and depiction delivered was stellar.

I appreciate the work and craftsmanship of the larger statues, but the size and cost if these pieces is a real challenge.
Das Brutah is offline   Reply With Quote