Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Tweeterhead

Old 01-10-2021, 07:15 PM   #31
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
There is so much more to DC than the satellite era. They haven't said Super Powers is dead, but expecting a full JLA roster with characters like Red Tornado or Perez Zatanna or the full Titans roster is kinda unrealistic. At least if you expect the company to be around for more than a couple years. Asking for a kickstarter is the bargaining stage of grief.

The company has done classic TV, golden age Batman, and bronze age DC. I'm glad to see them move on to something with broader appeal with their own style.
There is more to DC yet only Iron Studios seems to be able to to break into it. Tweeterhead showed promise with Starfire and Supergirl but appears to be changing back to the norm of most rehashing the multitude of continuously sculpted characters. Original never before versions or characters was what got me excited but it has apparently been abandoned. But good luck to them making the umteenth Batman or Superman.

I can't even say that I wouldn't buy one if it was awesome.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:54 PM   #32
saberhagen
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlaavenger View Post
There is more to DC yet only Iron Studios seems to be able to to break into it. Tweeterhead showed promise with Starfire and Supergirl but appears to be changing back to the norm of most rehashing the multitude of continuously sculpted characters. Original never before versions or characters was what got me excited but it has apparently been abandoned. But good luck to them making the umteenth Batman or Superman.
But is that actually surprising when Iron Studios does 1/10? They cost half what a TH 1/6 does, so of course they can do more.

But even in that line they haven't broken much comic ground beyond classic Deathstroke, Penguin, and Plastic Man. Maybe Balent Catwoman if you discount the small ES Sideshow variant?

Everything else has been done at least once by TH, Sideshow, XM, or Prime 1, just not all in the same place. Usually multiple times.
saberhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 08:16 PM   #33
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:

I can't even say that I wouldn't buy one if it was awesome.
Just you wait. There are several surprises.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2021, 04:31 AM   #34
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I really like the Superman pose.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 06:33 AM   #35
jlaavenger
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by saberhagen View Post
But is that actually surprising when Iron Studios does 1/10? They cost half what a TH 1/6 does, so of course they can do more.

But even in that line they haven't broken much comic ground beyond classic Deathstroke, Penguin, and Plastic Man. Maybe Balent Catwoman if you discount the small ES Sideshow variant?

Everything else has been done at least once by TH, Sideshow, XM, or Prime 1, just not all in the same place. Usually multiple times.

Iron Studios has that awesome JLA vs Darkseid but I personally dont like the paint apps and a pose or two. But for the most part it incredible and at 1/6scale. They've also done Plastic Man, Shazam with Billy Batson, Hawkman, the best Aquaman ever,Powergirl, the best Deathstroke ever, looks like George Perez in 3d, the Flash with an incredible use of translucent and the number of X-Men has never been done before. I prefer smaller scale with incredible details, but I would die for that Tweeterhead Perez Zatanna because from the concept art Chad posted last year I think it would be awesome.
jlaavenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #36
Gekon
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Iron Studios has that awesome JLA vs Darkseid but I personally dont like the paint apps and a pose or two. But for the most part it incredible and at 1/6scale.
It's Xm not Iron Studios.
Gekon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:21 AM   #37
rykerw1701
Justice League

I don't blame them for repeating some of the characters if that's what sells. There are collectors that come in leave the hobby all the time, and some people that just want one good statue of a favorite character. I have about all the Superman and Batman statues I'm ever going to need, and then some, so I doubt I bite. I just hope they also continue with next tier characters that I don't have.
rykerw1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:29 AM   #38
Mister H
Gen 13

Never owned a Superman statue before. This one could be worthy.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2021, 10:50 AM   #39
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Never owned a Superman statue before. This one could be worthy.
That's how I felt about the first supes TH did. Yes this superman is fabulous in it's regally superior body language.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2021, 06:16 PM   #40
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

looks like texturing on the suit and cape..
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote