Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > First4Figures / Gaming Heads

View Poll Results: Which 1/4 Metroid Prime Statue Do You Want To See Get Made Next?
Phazon Suit 4 57.14%
Gravity Suit 3 42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-03-2021, 03:06 AM   #1
jinkazama
Cobra Command

Which 1/4 Metroid Prime Statue Do Want To See Get Made Next?

Hi, folks.I just want to ask, if First 4 Figures make another 1/4 Metroid Prime Samus statue, which one do you want to see get made next? [For me, i'd LOVE to see the Phazon Suit get made, with light up LED lights.] Cheers!
jinkazama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
Gyro Zeppeli
The Masters of Evil

Can you add a Fusion suit option?
Gyro Zeppeli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:09 PM   #3
Peedi
The Secret Six

Phazon. F4F drags their feet on everything though. Who knows when there’ll be another 1/4 Samus.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 03:45 PM   #4
MegatronG1
The X-Men

I'm not holding my breath nor hyping myself up for any statue company. The first Samus statue was one of F4F's first releases almost 15 years ago now. They should prioritize another Samus, while the factory that made the last 1/4 still has its practice. It shouldn't take 3 years to finish this time around.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:02 PM   #5
Peedi
The Secret Six

Yeah. I think F4F could make some better choices with their lines and character selections. They’re nailing it with Cowboy Bebop. Adequate time but not too much between releases, more than enough for those without the money to save. But other lines suffer...still no 1/4 Link... whatever happened to Soul Calibur, I would’ve been all in for Kilik; Ivy was teased, she’s also a no brainer that should’ve been released years ago.

They also take forever to ship. Not sure what going on with operations but there has to be a better way. I love their products, ever since I ordered FD Link years ago, but they could do better in certain regards.
Old 03-08-2021, 05:07 AM   #6
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Yeah. I think F4F could make some better choices with their lines and character selections. They’re nailing it with Cowboy Bebop. Adequate time but not too much between releases, more than enough for this without the money to save. But other lines suffer...still no 1/4 Link... whatever happened to Soul Calibur, I would’ve been all in for Kilik; Ivy was teased, she’s also a no brainer that should’ve been released years ago.
Since F4F is a for-profit company, they haven’t done what you’ve listed likely due to some of these potential reasons: 1) statues didn’t sell well, 2) took too long to sell out, 3) their licensing was restrictive in some way as it relates to specific characters, number of releases or timing of releases or 4) production capacity/product planning limitations. If something was truly a no-brainer, businesses usually do it.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 03:58 PM   #7
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Since F4F is a for-profit company, they haven’t done what you’ve listed likely due to some of these potential reasons: 1) statues didn’t sell well, 2) took too long to sell out, 3) their licensing was restrictive in some way as it relates to specific characters, number of releases or timing of releases or 4) production capacity/product planning limitations. If something was truly a no-brainer, businesses usually do it.
Designating most of these businesses as "companies" is a stretch. Delivering and meeting on customer expectations, even set by themselves, is simply and often beyond their capacity.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:02 PM   #8
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubsy View Post
Makes sense, but in the case of Link he’s the star of the franchise and he’s missing in regular form. They’ve done 2 Zelda’s, 2 Midna’s, Wolf Link, Ganondorf and Zant over the course of years, so the line obviously sells in this case, it doesn’t make sense why the main character was never made.
Old 03-08-2021, 08:42 PM   #9
MegatronG1
The X-Men

F4F was founded in the peak days of the GameCube, so yeah, Zelda and Metroid was their bread and butter - it was all they did for a while. Businesses don't always know what they're doing, if they did, they'd be rich, then retire, and close up shop.
MegatronG1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 08:53 PM   #10
Bubsy
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
Makes sense, but in the case of Link he’s the star of the franchise and he’s missing in regular form. They’ve done 2 Zelda’s, 2 Midna’s, Wolf Link, Ganondorf and Zant over the course of years, so the line obviously sells in this case, it doesn’t make sense why the main character was never made.
I would bet some serious money that Nintendo is the blocker here. Before the pandemic, it’s possible breath of the wild 2 might’ve been a Spring 2021 release, basically exactly 4 years after the first one. F4F probably would have worked with them to release some product to coincide with that and that’s where business/product planning capacity would have went to as it relates to Zelda (they would never go back to an earlier game while doing that) but everything is probably off-track by a year now.
Bubsy is offline   Reply With Quote