Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 08-22-2017, 11:07 PM   #451
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Of course, the only way to tell if the film is good is to watch it. I hope this movie is amazing. My comments were made because this is a discussion board, a forum to speak your mind.

I'm not saying you do this HB, because I don't think you do, but I've been on this forum for quite a long time, and it seems like more and more people don't want someone to have a different opinion than they do. We used to get into some great discussions on Statue Forum, but I see more and more posts that just flat out attack someone and trash them if their opinion is different than that of the attacker. It's kind of sad to see. I'm hoping this trend lessens and the discussions can be more respectful.
You're wrong! GET OUT OF HERE!!
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:12 PM   #452
Luminous
Cyclops

Kidding. In case that wasn't clear
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:14 PM   #453
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Kidding. In case that wasn't clear
LOL!
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:42 PM   #454
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I've tuned out all the negativity being directed at this film and by extension the DCEU. It's pretty clear there is a massive bias out there and a lot of people who don't want to see this venture succeed. Some people are tired of the Superhero genre in general while others simply can't enjoy both the MCU and the DCEU and are determined to pit one against the other no matter what. Frankly I've grown tired of it. I'll let the film speak for itself in a few months time.
Wouldn't you say though that some of the "bias" was of the DCEU's own making. Clearly the audiences for both BvS and Suicide Squad were heavily divided and having the same creators work on this film of course is going to cause some derision
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 11:51 PM   #455
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meteor Man View Post
Of course, the only way to tell if the film is good is to watch it. I hope this movie is amazing. My comments were made because this is a discussion board, a forum to speak your mind.

I'm not saying you do this HB, because I don't think you do, but I've been on this forum for quite a long time, and it seems like more and more people don't want someone to have a different opinion than they do. We used to get into some great discussions on Statue Forum, but I see more and more posts that just flat out attack someone and trash them if their opinion is different than that of the attacker. It's kind of sad to see. I'm hoping this trend lessens and the discussions can be more respectful.
Just to be clear my comments were directed squarely at the pessimistic articles posted on various websites, not comments posted by members here. Websites that have shown over the years to have a clear bias towards Marvel and what I see as an agenda against DC. It's as if the MCU owns the superhero film genre and anything different than their safe, humorous and optimistic take is prematurely panned at even the slightest hint of production turmoil. Keep in mind I say this as a fan of the MCU but also as someone that doesn't ignore it's shortcomings. I appreciate the DCEU's harder edge, often darker, more consequential take on superheroes. So when I see these articles either criticizing Snyder or saying that early cuts of Justice League were "unwatchable" or that Ben Affleck is abandoning his role as Batman etc., etc,... I ignore them. They're pure conjecture as far as I'm concerned and unlike a lot of people I'm not allowing it to taint my mindset going into these films.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 01:51 AM   #456
Meteor Man
Imperial Guardsman

Quote:
Just to be clear my comments were directed squarely at the pessimistic articles posted on various websites, not comments posted by members here. Websites that have shown over the years to have a clear bias towards Marvel and what I see as an agenda against DC. It's as if the MCU owns the superhero film genre and anything different than their safe, humorous and optimistic take is prematurely panned at even the slightest hint of production turmoil. Keep in mind I say this as a fan of the MCU but also as someone that doesn't ignore it's shortcomings. I appreciate the DCEU's harder edge, often darker, more consequential take on superheroes. So when I see these articles either criticizing Snyder or saying that early cuts of Justice League were "unwatchable" or that Ben Affleck is abandoning his role as Batman etc., etc,... I ignore them. They're pure conjecture as far as I'm concerned and unlike a lot of people I'm not allowing it to taint my mindset going into these films.

I understand. My comments weren't referring to your post per se, I've been thinking about what I was referring to for some time over the last couple of years as I read more than comment these days. I recognize your point about the Marvel vs DC movie comparisons, and I don't get into that thought process at all. I happen to enjoy both "takes" on the superhero movie genre. I'm just happy we've had such a halcyon era of these types of films because I'm a life long fan of these characters. I base my opinions on the actual viewing of the finished product. Sure, I've had "worries", or "concerns" before based on what I've heard and read about issues or problems that may or may not be happening, but the only way to know for sure is to see the film. I'll be there opening night for Justice League. I really want to love this film, and hope I do.
Meteor Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 02:49 AM   #457
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Wouldn't you say though that some of the "bias" was of the DCEU's own making. Clearly the audiences for both BvS and Suicide Squad were heavily divided and having the same creators work on this film of course is going to cause some derision
And fully justified.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 08:45 AM   #458
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullseye View Post
And fully justified.
I agree. So far from what I've seen, which is what everyone else has seen, I'm not feeling it, and I'm a JLA nerd so I should be having a nerdgasm.
Old 08-23-2017, 10:20 AM   #459
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I think you guys missed my point. I'm not talking about opinions. I'm talking about websites that run with off hand comments, unsubstantiated claims or the slightest of rumors and report them as if they are fact in an effort to make it seem like the production and DCEU as a whole is in trouble. It's like an anti-hype hate train that I've chosen to avoid. Nothing more.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2017, 12:40 PM   #460
Josh-a-tron
Sculptor

Quote:
I think you guys missed my point. I'm not talking about opinions. I'm talking about websites that run with off hand comments, unsubstantiated claims or the slightest of rumors and report them as if they are fact in an effort to make it seem like the production and DCEU as a whole is in trouble. It's like an anti-hype hate train that I've chosen to avoid. Nothing more.
I think it happens with both positive and negative, remember leading up to BvS they were shouting how good it would be from the roof tops.

But you are right, maybe the media should take a step back and not be so gung-ho about opinion pieces before a film is even out.