Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Diamond Select

Old 01-24-2022, 07:27 AM   #91
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

All the X-girls, Captain Marvel, and Widow. It honestly should be a given to do them.
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:41 AM   #92
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
All the X-girls, Captain Marvel, and Widow. It honestly should be a given to do them.
All of those, plus Scarlet Witch and the women sideshow made LSBs for: Emma Frost, Mystique, Spider-Woman (I?d buy) and your namesake, Black Cat (I?d buy).

I guess they don?t foresee strong enough sales combined with not wanting to face possible backlash from face sculpts. Legitimate concerns despite what we want.

As for being better with masks there?s Captain Marvel, Jane Thor, Shuri Black Panther (I?d buy) and Laura Wolverine with nearly full/full masks, and partial masks for Laura as X-23 and Black Cat.
Peedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2022, 10:49 AM   #93
Mister H
Green Goblin

Moon Knight!

....do it!
Mister H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:58 PM   #94
UnicornPegasus
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
There is no rule against female L3Ds. We made Wonder Woman and Harley, but it's hard to come up with a female Marvel character on that high level. Storm? Rogue? Widow? Captain Marvel? We do better with masked characters, and there are relatively few masked women. Unmasked characters, you run the risk of people not liking how they are portrayed. But anything is possible.
That saddens me greatly. There are plenty of females that should be in this line, but aren't going to likely make it due to a lack of mask, and that being due to fans being hypercritical, is super depressing.

Could it be expanded out to cover classic costumes, like Jean, Kitty, or Mockingbird, etc? I really wish DST would consider unmasked ones. I'd love to see the X-ladies of course. Mohawk storm would look kick @$$. or Jubilee with a bubblegum bubble. (Yea, I know that one's a pipe dream, but I'm still gonna say it.)
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:15 AM   #95
PeachFuzz
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I'd be down to buy retro versions of Medusa, Black Cat, Black Widow, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Mary Jane, Gwen, but they've got to be pretty which means you have to hire good sculptors.
PeachFuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:16 PM   #96
DSTZach
Distributor

I think we sculpt pretty women. Ask the president in Ask DST!
diamondselecttoys.com/ask-dst
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2022, 04:08 AM   #97
Black Cat
Thunderstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peedi View Post
All of those, plus Scarlet Witch and the women sideshow made LSBs for: Emma Frost, Mystique, Spider-Woman (I?d buy) and your namesake, Black Cat (I?d buy).

I guess they don?t foresee strong enough sales combined with not wanting to face possible backlash from face sculpts. Legitimate concerns despite what we want.

As for being better with masks there?s Captain Marvel, Jane Thor, Shuri Black Panther (I?d buy) and Laura Wolverine with nearly full/full masks, and partial masks for Laura as X-23 and Black Cat.
lol I like how you think Peedi!
Black Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 07:13 AM   #98
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Cat View Post
lol I like how you think Peedi!

Beside the point, I?m still waiting on a 1:4 Black Cat I like. XM and OG PFs are too chill for me. Highly athletic woman and those statues are her waiting around to get caught? I just prefer action pose statues. I can?t stand the costume on the last PF, I hated that storyline for her when she wore that costume. Classic costume, action pose and good face sculpt, I?m in.
Old 04-11-2022, 08:52 PM   #99
Peedi
The Secret Six

Quote:
I?m also still waiting on my Miles?what?s going on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSTZach View Post
Miles shipped to stores on Dec. 29, not sure it has reached our web store yet.
Quote:
Thank you. Then I guess I should more specifically find out what?s going on with the store I ordered it from since they haven?t sent it to me yet.
Finally got my Miles Morales 1/2 Bust. I love it. A few paint spots should be better. But no glaring issues. Overall it looks great and I’m glad to have a 1/2 bust of my favorite character (shared spot with Peter).
Old 04-13-2022, 04:54 PM   #100
DSTZach
Distributor

Great!
DSTZach is offline   Reply With Quote