Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-05-2021, 06:23 AM   #91
Mr. Nice Guy
New Republic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Listen, I'm not saying the price is right or wrong, all Im saying is people tend to lump on Sideshow and no one else. Is it expensive, yep, but it's pretty even with other producers.
You are not wrong. However, I will say there is generally a significant difference between what SS produces versus the others. SS is the cheaper price sensitive collectable producer. They do make a few pieces where they up their game but rarely strong enough to rival producers like XM. They also produce at much higher ES which should lower the cost per unit drastically. With that, they have rights to North American distribution which should lower trans pacific shipping costs.

This grievous is a nice piece and looks to be on the higher end of what SS produces. That said he is $100-$150 too much.

I am a SW 1/4 collector. The lack of pieces in the market has driven people to custom like never before. Customs are asking for similar prices than this but they can due to a lack of production in the line from the company that has sole right to its distribution. I believe SS wants to start asking those prices but the prices themselves are truly only the result from limited pieces in the market at this time.
Mr. Nice Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2021, 10:28 AM   #92
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by koflach View Post
If SS put out the quality of statue at the low ES that XM does, I would have no issues paying the price that they are asking for this statue but they are asking premium price while not giving a premium design, intricate base and most likely an ES of 3500+
I'm glad you think XM puts out quality, but it's up to your taste at that point. I can say I think they add a lot of modernization to make it look like "quality" to justify the price. For my taste, big base does not equal intricate, premium design does not equal overly modernized.

Again I get its up to your taste, but I often don't find I can justify XM at almost twice the price, unless its a character I know SS likely won't do, or if they just did a better job with that said character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nice Guy View Post
You are not wrong. However, I will say there is generally a significant difference between what SS produces versus the others. SS is the cheaper price sensitive collectable producer. They do make a few pieces where they up their game but rarely strong enough to rival producers like XM. They also produce at much higher ES which should lower the cost per unit drastically. With that, they have rights to North American distribution which should lower trans pacific shipping costs.

This grievous is a nice piece and looks to be on the higher end of what SS produces. That said he is $100-$150 too much.

I am a SW 1/4 collector. The lack of pieces in the market has driven people to custom like never before. Customs are asking for similar prices than this but they can due to a lack of production in the line from the company that has sole right to its distribution. I believe SS wants to start asking those prices but the prices themselves are truly only the result from limited pieces in the market at this time.
I agree they are partly at fault for not producing characters folks have been asking for, I also feel this piece is overly priced for the ES it will get.

I'm sure if SS started asking custom/XM prices, we would likely start seeing a dramatic drop in ES's, which would force alot of collectors out of the hobby. Customs are a double edge sword, it hurts them for not making the sale, but hurts us when they see your willing to spend more on a statue and more competition at factories.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2021, 03:24 PM   #93
haljordan99
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimsoyens View Post
900$ at 21inches ROFL!!!

Considering their recently re-released 1/6 of grievous, which was a HUUUUGEE fail!

No thanks sideshow.
21 inches to the top of his lightsaber. They are actually charging $900 for a 16" tall statue...which is even more insane.
haljordan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:57 PM   #94
Biggunz
Loki

Someone better start smashing boxes when this arrives

So they can start the discount
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 06:51 PM   #95
BurningRage
Inhumans

2000 es
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 07:04 PM   #96
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
2000 es
Seems fairly healthy considering the $900 price tag.
nearmint is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2022, 10:55 PM   #97
VS1976
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
2000 es
Wow? didn?t think it would crack 500.
VS1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 06:43 PM   #98
VS1976

Anyone get this? Is it worth the price tag. Debating if I should get this or the Darth Vader PF.
Old 08-05-2022, 12:39 AM   #99
extracomputer.1
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VS1976 View Post
Anyone get this? Is it worth the price tag. Debating if I should get this or the Darth Vader PF.
I was sad to find it?s a heavy polystone base but just a plastic grevious. Basically an oversized hot toys with a heavy stone base. But does look nice.
extracomputer.1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 12:48 AM   #100
VS1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by extracomputer.1 View Post
I was sad to find it?s a heavy polystone base but just a plastic grevious. Basically an oversized hot toys with a heavy stone base. But does look nice.
Damn. Not sure why they would make it plastic. If the arms are plastic it may result with the same issue as the first PF. It could break easily. Something I?m not a fan lf giving the price tag. :/